Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, let's be honest.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

OK, let's be honest.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:21 AM

How many of you were sitting there with 2 minutes left, down by 10, thinking, "Here we go again"? I'll admit it. Then, something happened. Tyson hits a 3. Newman makes a steal and feeds Simms for a layup. Then Scott makes a steal. Simms is fouled and hits 1 of 2 FT's. After a Newman rebound, Simms hits a 3. Trapp misses 2 FT's (Keep practicing, CT), and after NCheat makes 2 FT's, Simms hits a stone cold 3 from the corner to send it to OT.

For the last 2 minutes and OT, our Tigers looked like the team we've been hoping to see. I don't know what possessed them, but I hope it continues against Dook.

Way to go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I just watched the end, already knew the outcome...

Jan 12, 2020, 8:31 AM

and still didn’t think we’d win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That's what 59 losses in a row will do to a man

Jan 12, 2020, 8:44 AM

and even a woman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was unable to watch the game. It was not on in

Jan 12, 2020, 8:32 AM

Chesterfield. :( I was able to keep up with the score on the ticker. I last saw we were down by 11 with five minutes to go. I shook my head and continued what I was doing. Looked at TigerNet for a few moments before bed when I saw the post. I had to get my glasses and make sure I was reading it right. I couldn't believe what I saw!!! I went to the kitchen, found the Tequila and "toasted" the win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was unable to watch the game. It was not on in

Jan 12, 2020, 8:35 AM

the game was on fox sports. i got it in york

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was unable to watch the game. It was not on in

Jan 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

Glad you were able to watched the game. I would have loved too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, let's be honest.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:02 AM

I did not see it live, but watched the replay this morning. It was much easier to watch knowing we would win! I did have to chuckle several times when the announcers mentioned the fact that it looked like the streak would continue! I loved seeing how the players and Brownell reacted after the game. There was a woman all dressed in UNC gear right behind our bench who almost looked happy for us! Great win!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 12:50 PM

I saw that too. Maybe me rethink that all Tar Heels are bad.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 9:07 AM

Actually I thought "here we go again" with 5 seconds left in regulation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 9:24 AM

I was listening to the game when we went down by 11, I turned it off. When I woke this morning I turned on the TV and the replay was on at the very end of the game. I saw the final score and thought this must be from another year. Then realized it was in Chaple Heal and we had never won there. That's when I realized Clemson beat the tarholes in the D dome

Jan 12, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, let's be honest. ]

Same here. Had it on the radio at work and lost my place until around the 2:30 mark. Felt confident from that point on.

As far as "the team we been waiting to see - we knew they were young but talented. Steadiness is what we are awaiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 9:41 AM

If we are being honest, I have to admit we were still in the single digits when I turned it off. I was already mad at the phantom fouls being called on us like every game we have played there and my blood pressure couldn't take it. I am glad we won finally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 9:48 AM

I was waiting for the phantom foul on their last 3-point attempt which ended in a flop, but it didn't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

These are my texts during last few minutes

Jan 12, 2020, 11:10 AM

“Stick a fork in us, we’re done”

“I’m not sure we will live to see us win up there”

“We know how the chickens feel in football”

And as we were coming back:

“They are only doing this to break our hearts”

Don’t have any texts during OT. Once we hit the 3 to send to OT, I had to call instead of texting!!

Oh absolutey had accepted a loss at that point.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:33 AM

There's only one other college bball game that I can ever recall where a team has rallied from being down more than 7 points at the 2-minute mark, and that was the UVA / Wake game from a few years back where UVA rallied late. I've seen games where teams have gone down more than 7 under 2 and rally, but the score at the 2:00 mark has been a very consistent indicator over the years.

Sure glad I went the distance.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

I had forgotten about the game and the big storm was moving through the Atlanta area...

I went to my phone and started reading post saying stuff like...0-60....same ole crap...here we go again.

So I wrote it off. Then about a hour later I check my phone to see we had won.

It was the least stressful OT game I've ever not been a part of.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me it was the misses free throws

Jan 12, 2020, 1:23 PM

could have nailed it down then. That's a ###### we've seen over and over. But the guys overcame, and it was glorious!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic