Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great finish to a great day.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 352

Great finish to a great day.

Nov 26, 2020, 8:32 PM

Enjoyed all the usual family get-together time, food, etc. This year was a little different as my 94 year old grandmother had a stroke a few weeks ago and has been bedridden under hospice care ever since as she’s getting really close to the good old great reward. We have care there around the clock so I was able to pick my grandfather up and take him with us to my sisters house for lunch, but I could tell it felt a little weird for him not having here there too.

Anyway, she’s been sleeping most of the day, every day, since her stroke, but tonight when my wife and kids went with me to say goodbye before we leave in the morning, she was wide awake and almost like her old self. We sat there for 45 minutes and talked and sang a bunch of Christmas carols since music retention seems to never be affected by memory loss.

Just a really, really positive and uplifting visit for all of us, and if it is the last time I see her, I am very, very grateful for having had this moment. I know we have a couple lunge parent and grandparent sad situations right now and I hurt for those who had that last goodbye stolen from them—-hug those loved ones—you’ll never regret it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice story, thank for sharing.***

Nov 26, 2020, 9:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a woman in a small town who turned 100, and

Nov 27, 2020, 9:07 AM

the local TV station went to interview her about her life.

The interviewer asked her what it was like to live so long, and listed the major events of her life, like the invention of the airplane, WW1 and WW2, the atomic bomb, space flight, landing on the moon, etc.

She said, "Yes, all those things I have seen, mainly due to my being blessed with good health."

The interviewer said, "I noticed that you mention your health as a blessing, and it certainly is. Were you never bedridden?

She replied, "Oh yes, and twice in a buggy."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Great story

Nov 27, 2020, 9:33 AM

both my mom and my MIL had very lucid moments hours before their passing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for this. Sounds like a great day indeed***

Nov 27, 2020, 3:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 352
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic