Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I agree that Watkins is a good reciever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

I agree that Watkins is a good reciever

Oct 26, 2013, 12:07 AM

I think he is but us he great like he has been made to be or a lot of overhype? I've only seen flashes the last two years. Is that enough to be concidered great? I don't think so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really liked what Sammy accomplished in '11 but avg since*

Oct 26, 2013, 12:10 AM

Of course he's been double teamed and Tajh has not had what I deem a great year either overall..so both have suffered IMO even though the stats may say otherwise.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed light

Oct 26, 2013, 12:20 AM

I see him going pro but unless his game gets better I see him falling a round or two. I know people are scheming for him some but great recievers can't seem to be stopped on the college level but he seems to get stopped for long stretches. I seem him as just good. I actually think if I was drafting today, I'd take Adam first. I think he is better.

Adam over Sammy?? Have to disagree with ys

Oct 26, 2013, 2:18 AM

Don't forget teams come in with a gameplan to limit Sammy. He's always in double coverage, therefore opening up those opportunities for Adam & our other WR's.

Pound for pound, Sammy is the best in the NCAA. Easy top 10 pick if he stays healthy, based on talent alone.

Re: Adam over Sammy?? Have to disagree with ys

Oct 26, 2013, 9:06 AM

I disagree that he is the best in the NCAA. Mike Evans is a little inconsistent, but when he has a good game, he destroys. Cooks for Oregon State is having a ridiculous year. The kid from Baylor is having a great year although against weak competition.

Lee from SC is the only one arguably as good as Sammy

Oct 26, 2013, 12:06 PM

, IMO, but he's been injured some this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm comparing talent...

Oct 26, 2013, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Adam over Sammy?? Have to disagree with ys ]

Not the miscues of the QB or OL prohibiting Sammy at the moment...

LOL***

Oct 26, 2013, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All credibility is lost with a statement like that.

Oct 26, 2013, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

There may be a job for you in the Cleveland Browns front office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I TOTALLLYYYYYYYY DISAGREE

Oct 26, 2013, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

Too many times we go away from him,Watkins.
Maybe its because we're saving him when the game is in
hand.Especially since we don't have a 2nd guy really.

Sammy is as good as we've ever had.

Lol Adam over Sammy. HILARIOUS!

Oct 26, 2013, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

You've killed all credibility with any other future opinions you might have with that joke of a comment!

In 2006, Calvin Johnson had 0 catches against us in the

Oct 26, 2013, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

Gameday Game.

Also that year in his first three games he averaged 4 receptions per game for about 40 yards. He turned out alright.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get outta here Adam.***

Oct 28, 2013, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Agreed light ]

null

Stupid

Oct 26, 2013, 1:27 AM

He will be an awesome NFL receiver. And if we allow double coverage to take him away then teams recruiting against us will use this against us: look what happened to Sammy Watkins at Clemson. If they double him deep, send him, throw underneath, and MAKE THEM PAY. Potentially best WR in NCAA.

Stupid

Oct 26, 2013, 1:27 AM

He will be an awesome NFL receiver. And if we allow double coverage to take him away then teams recruiting against us will use this against us: look what happened to Sammy Watkins at Clemson. If they double him deep, send him, throw underneath, and MAKE THEM PAY. Potentially best WR in NCAA.

He is the best WR in the NCAA

Oct 26, 2013, 1:34 AM

Wait till he hits the combine. GMs will drool over him. There are quite a few teams that are looking to add an elite WR to their rosters in the pass happy NFL. He is a first round lock.

Top 15 lock***

Oct 26, 2013, 8:04 AM

I think Benjamin from FSU is better.***

Oct 26, 2013, 1:10 PM [ in reply to He is the best WR in the NCAA ]

Very good but not even best on his team. Rashad

Oct 26, 2013, 2:13 PM

Greene is better.

This^^

Oct 26, 2013, 2:23 AM

If the NFL still believes clowney is worth #1 overall. They are certainly not nitpicking Sammy's still impressive statistics.

There was a time when Sammy looked

Oct 26, 2013, 3:38 AM

Like he would become a college great but he is not great right now. I'm not seeing it. Good.. Yes , no doubt but not great. And as far as him bring the best in all of college, now that's funny. He is not. There are many recievers better at this point. I'm not trashing Sammy. He is good for sure but honestly Adam humphries has impressed me more and I'd take him over Sammy right now. Adam seems like a kid that wants to win more . Sammy needs to stop patting himself on the back so much until he can learn to take over a game. He hasn't for a very very long time. We don't count wins from 2011 and honestly I'm not counting his stats from then. It's like each year Sammy has gotten less impressive almost. I just think he is good . That's it.

Did you see how open Adam was at Syracuse ?

Oct 26, 2013, 7:20 AM

Do you know why that happened?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The man who was supposed to be guarding AH was

Oct 26, 2013, 8:02 AM

watching SW in the backfield.

yup.was a great play..

Oct 26, 2013, 9:08 AM

sammy ran to the side like boyd was going to run the option and pitch to him.drew the defenders up.bam AH wide open td. watching plays like that ran against cuse.really grinds my gears that we didnt see any innovation like that last week against fsu

is this a joke???

Oct 26, 2013, 5:17 AM

he has over 100 yards receiving in all but 3 games this season and a td in all but 2 games so far this season.with 4 games still left to play.what more do you want? xbox 360 type of stats?

Re: I agree that Watkins is a good reciever

Oct 26, 2013, 6:49 AM

I think Sammy will be a bona fide NFL star receiver, because it's harder to double team consistently with everyone being so talented on most offenses. However, I've not ever been too impressed with Sammy's play against really physical defenses or defensive backs, so Adam does get the nod there. IMO, Humphries may be the most underrated receiver in the ACC.

Re: I agree that Watkins is a good reciever***

Oct 26, 2013, 7:30 AM

Re: I agree that Watkins is a good reciever***

Oct 26, 2013, 7:30 AM

Who's passing the drugs around here?

Oct 26, 2013, 7:32 AM

Sammy can only do so much when half of his catches are 2 yard screen passes call by Chad Morris. His talent level is 2nd to none on this team and acc, period.

Oct 26, 2013, 7:33 AM

Well. He had never been the not the electric Sammy since he quit the Adderall Don't think he was double teamed them ? Sure he was

Put down the crackpipes people

Oct 26, 2013, 7:39 AM

Let's come back to this talk next year when we remember the type of ability he has. Sammy and CJ are the only two guys who I can recall can score anytime the ball is in their hands, anywhere on the field.

He is as great as anyone in Clemson history. After 7 games:

Oct 26, 2013, 7:59 AM

44 catches, 650 yards, 5 TDs. He has 6 games left counting the bowl.

As a freshman he had 82 catches for 1219 yards with 12 TDs.

Will he be considered our best receiver ever after this season? Maybe, but let's let it play out.

I think right now, Nuk is our best receiver ever but didn't think that until after the LSU game, his last game. Before that game, I had Jerry Butler #1.

Saying Sammy isn't great is way off the mark, IMO. He is a lock to be a top 15 NFL draft pick no matter his numbers the rest of the year.

Message was edited by: josephg®

Dumb post. Can't do crap if he don't get the ball***

Oct 26, 2013, 8:59 AM

Four brief comments

Oct 26, 2013, 9:39 AM

1) Watkins will be one he11uva pro slot receiver
2) Watkins has been unable to perform at the level Nuk played last year
3) College performance & pro performance are two different animals (e.g. Terrell Davis, Arian Foster)
4) Last year's trouble with law and habits that resulted in arrest changed his performance/perception arc and removed halo - this will not be a problem in the pros

Great player ... wish him the best in NFL next year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Four brief comments

Oct 26, 2013, 2:57 PM

he hasn't performed at Nuk's level because there is no Sammy Watkins lining up opposite Sammy to distract the defense slightly. Sammy is quite often our decoy. We have no decoy to break Sammy open. Sammy is going to be a great pro next year. Nuf said

Oct 26, 2013, 9:43 AM

The things that are posted on this board just remind you why our country is in the shape it is. Smh

Oct 26, 2013, 11:27 AM

Did you have any of your own thoughts you wanted to add to the matter? Do you want to actually address the topic of the post (i.e. Sammy).

Oh wait. No. You'd rather beech and moan like a woman.

ESPN scroll thingy just posted him as the 2nd WR projected

Oct 26, 2013, 11:33 AM

in the draft, if that has any real merit. Personally, I've seen him drop maybe 3 catch-able passes and catch maybe 30 un-catchable passes.

This must be dream net. Apparently

Oct 26, 2013, 11:54 AM

Dreams are enough . You guys are silly. Just like when you gave the offense a pass at sc state. How did that pan out? Lol. Sammy is good but I'm sry to tell you, he hasn't been great for quite a while. Neither has this team.

Do you agree he'll go in the top 15 of the draft?

Oct 26, 2013, 12:04 PM

What are you thinking? 2nd or third round?

Joseph

Oct 26, 2013, 12:06 PM

I'm thinking second yes. At the latest , early third.. But I can't see first round.

I'm writing this down,***

Oct 26, 2013, 12:08 PM

Re: I'm writing this down,***

Oct 26, 2013, 9:12 PM

Don't bother... Somebody that ignorant more than likely cannot read.

Hope he falls to the panthers in the second round -_-

Oct 26, 2013, 1:00 PM

There are some stupid people on this board. Guess we forgot the amazing long TD against Georgia. The circus catch against wake. The smoke catch against BC. The track meet at Syracuse. And the only meaningful TD against FSU catching that awfully thrown ball. Sure you use your first rounder on AH. Sammy is more talented than Nuk and Nuk went in the first round. Sammy was on the field when Nuk was producing and we had a legit TE threat. If Sammy had that and was Tajh's safety blanket he would be breaking record books.

In only 3 years...

Oct 26, 2013, 2:16 PM

he will leave as Clemson's all time leading receiver.(SW)

I guess that means we've had NO GREAT RECEIVERS.

ugh
#21 :(

Maybe in yards but doubtful in catches. 49 catches

Oct 26, 2013, 2:53 PM

behind Aaron Kelly. 432 yards behind Nuk.

They keep that running that screen play over and over which

Oct 26, 2013, 9:14 PM

is basically a hand off, and he'll have 50 catches next week.

He set the bar very high his first year, had his issues last

Oct 26, 2013, 9:12 PM

year with a marijuana arrest, and.....oh, wait a minute. I'm turning into Ed Cunningham.

He's had 5 100+ yard games so far this year

Oct 26, 2013, 9:14 PM

and also a 96 yard game......enough said

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

yes it is enough...he is great***

Oct 26, 2013, 9:25 PM

This is a joke...

Oct 26, 2013, 9:26 PM

There is not a second option on the team, and he has to pick up yards off screen passes. He will be a ridiculous receiver in the NFL. We have not really utilized him to his full ability. I think Adam Humphries is very consistent though, but he is given easy opportunities. I wish we had Peake back. He was playing really well in the beginning of the season. Also, even though Mike Williams is making a lot of mistakes... I think he will be another great receiver for us.

Where was Williams today? Was he the guy that kept running

Oct 26, 2013, 9:28 PM

when Tajh thought he was going to be there for the quick throw on the blitz, thus resulting in an INT?

Re: Where was Williams today? Was he the guy that kept running

Oct 26, 2013, 9:32 PM

I prefaced that he has made a lot of mistakes... A lot of mistakes that you expect from rookies (Deandre Hopkins even made the same mistake against the Titans).

I was legitimately asking you if he was the guy that blew

Oct 26, 2013, 9:34 PM

that route. I didn't even notice him on the field today other than that one play. I assume by your answer he was that guy.

Re: I was legitimately asking you if he was the guy that blew

Oct 26, 2013, 9:42 PM

Sorry I read it wrong. Yeah he blew that, but that should not be a problem down the road.

Have you ever thought about offering your scouting

Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 PM

services to the pros? There is a lot of good money to be made with the ability you have. Never know where that career might lead. Good luck in that endeavor.

bump***

Oct 28, 2013, 8:48 AM

obvious troll is obvious....***

Oct 28, 2013, 9:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watkins-Nuk=Constant Double-teams

Oct 28, 2013, 9:27 AM

Those two guys need each other to prevent teams from doubling up Sammy. Without a strong #2 (Bryant, Williams, Hopper) the teams can focus on Watkins. Plus, with a basically absent O-line, the run game doesn't force teams to load up the box and Tajh doesn't have time to let Sammy's speed create separation. All this equals a really great WR who hasn't been able to blow up the way he could in '11 when he was an unknown.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic