Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is nothing Mason Rudolph did, or could have done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

There is nothing Mason Rudolph did, or could have done

Nov 15, 2019, 9:55 AM

to warrant Myles Garrett actions. Did Rudolph try to pull his helmet off? Yep. Did he? Nope. What he did was likely enough for a 15 yarder.

However, the most troubling thing about what Garrett did is that, after he lifted him off the ground to pull it off, he held it for a few seconds BEFORE swinging.

Calculated. Premeditated.

He should get the rest of this year and all of next year off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then there's the fact that that type of behavior

Nov 15, 2019, 9:59 AM

is not what our young folks need to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And then there's the fact that that type of behavior

Nov 15, 2019, 11:50 AM

Yeah, we should shield them from the real world forever. Don’t want to damage their delicate, perfect little minds with reality. No wonder there are so many snotty-nosed, whiny snowflakes in this country. First time they are told no they have a nervous breakdown.

Glad Hitler has already been defeated. This current generation surely couldn’t do it. Too soft. And our shielding them from the realities of life has made them this way. We aren’t doing them any favors you know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nothing Mason Rudolph did, or could have done

Nov 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

I agree with absolutely everything you stated.

I would add that he should be totally out of the league during his suspension.

No pay.

No access to team facilities.

The NFL needs to send a big and clear message on this one!

I will add that it was also clear that Rudolph momentarily went for Garrett's helmet but stopped long before Garrett went after Rudolph's helmet. Also Garrett's extracurricular during the initial take-down is what likely drew Rudolph's initial reaction. Rudolph was provoked, not Garrett.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 10:10 AM

I dont know about facilities but I think suspended means no pay. I think whatever you get paid comes in 16ths per each regular season game. So what ever he misses will be a direct the possibility of fines as well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The players know that, too. That is why most contracts

Nov 15, 2019, 10:43 AM

are structured with huge signing bonuses, which do not count in the calculation of per game checks. He will take a wallet hit, but not nearly what you might think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If player safety is now such a paramount concern, then ...

Nov 15, 2019, 10:07 AM

... assault with a deadly weapon should carry very serious consequences.

If a trace of PEDs warrants a year, then how can this abhorrent situation carry any less of a penalty?

If it happened on the street or in a bar, Garrett would be in jail today.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 100% against Garrett on this issue but i don't think

Nov 15, 2019, 10:15 AM

premeditated means what you think it means.

"A premeditated crime involves careful planning and research before it happens."

agreed.... I took it to mean “had time to think about it”

Nov 15, 2019, 10:19 AM

which, if you watch how much time elapses between when he gets the helmet and swings it... is plenty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was still a "heat of the moment" reaction

Nov 15, 2019, 10:34 AM

I'm not defending Garrett at all because 99% of people would've handled that situation better than he did, but it wasn't premeditated in any way.

Re: It was still a "heat of the moment" reaction

Nov 15, 2019, 11:05 AM

Rudolph is just lucky Garrett didn't have the helmet the other way around. If he had hit him with the crown of the helmet Rudolph would have been leaving the field on a stretcher. The NFL needs to make a statement on this or they will be having more instances like this in the future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 10:44 AM

Rudolph and Garrett should both be suspended.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:15 AM

If they are both suspended, the lengths of their suspensions should be in no way comparable.

Rudolph should get a game at most.

Garrett should spend some lengthy time away from the game.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:31 AM

Given. I’d say a game or two for Rudolph. You should never touch someone’s helmet let alone try and pull it off forcefully as Rudolph did. That escalated the situation immediately.

I’d say 2 games for Rudolph rest of season for Garrett with mandatory anger management therapy for both. Rudolph threw a qb fit after getting tackled.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

That was not a normal takedown after the pass.

Garrett put some extra into getting Rudolph to the ground.

He then pinned Rudolph which drew the response from Rudolph where he began to grab at his helmet and try to get him off of him.

I wouldn't give Rudolph a suspension, I feel his actions should have warranted a personal foul, but I would listen to an argument for 1 game.

Rudolph's suspension, if he gets one, should not be increased just because of Garrett's actions.

Someone who grab another players helmet, and throws no punches, during a skirmish does not get suspended for multiple games.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:59 AM

Both should be suspended. Rudolph couple weeks. Garrett until season is over. Rudolph wouldn't have gotten hit in the head had he not been chasing after him. I'm sure he just wanted his helmet back and Garret was just trying to give it back to him. ;)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic