Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is nothing I want more than to beat ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,476

There is nothing I want more than to beat ND

Dec 8, 2018, 10:10 PM

I want to beat the ever loving crap out of Notre Dame.

I was there when we held them at the end in 2015. For once, my crappy seats in Section T were perfect. I still have that water-logged ticket. It's kind of a good luck totem for me now. When things get weird, I rub it. Weird, I know. But it is what it is.

I'm driving to Dallas. I could afford the flight. But, I want to feel some effort for this game. I just feel like this is defining for our program. It's like what I felt in 1981, at 10 years old, when we put 82 on Wake Forest. I told my dad that day that I was worried about the Tiger. Then he pointed out that the Demon Deacon mascot was helping with the pushups. It was hot that day.

And, so now, going into my upper 40s, I have learned that I want to beat Notre Dame. I got that taste of it in 2015. It was delicious. They are arrogant and everything we are not. I'm sure they're good people. But they aren't us. That's enough for me.

So, I'll do my part. I'll drive there with my pocket full of $2 bills and be generous and gracious.

But when that game starts I'll transform into a screaming banshee. There will be no mercy in my cheering. It will be loud and it will most definitely be obnoxious. Kinder folk will shun me, but that's OK. It's as it should be. When the Notre Dame football team joins the field of play with my Clemson Tigers, there shall be no quarter. We will dominate. Because that is who we are.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nothing I want more than to beat ND

Dec 8, 2018, 10:17 PM

Well that is a given I hope, and at least you want for something that you can have and hopefully will get!!! I want a win over Bama in the NCG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Wow..you are sounding a bit like RevDodd or better yet

Dec 8, 2018, 10:20 PM

BuZZSaw w/o the saw & blood!

But, all’s OK with what will get us a win!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Wow..you are sounding a bit like RevDodd or better yet

Dec 9, 2018, 10:47 AM

thought the same about the rev.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Beating Notre Dame is fun

Dec 8, 2018, 10:47 PM

While I attended neither of the home games vs ND
in 1977 and 2015, I rode with 2 brothers and my
dad to South Bend, Indiana for the game in 1979
while I was a senior in high school. It was actually
a pretty kewl place with the domes and old buildings on
campus and the historic stadium and the Touchdown Jesus
mural on the side of a building behind one end zone.
The game was in November, so it was chilly. The best
part was beating them 16-10 with Terry Kinard's 2 picks,
Obeb Ariri's 3 FGs, and Billy Lott's TD run.

It's funny we saw and heard some pointing and laughing
before the game about all the orange we were wearing,
but heard nothing after the game except some fans
whining about Dan Devine. Anyway, now I feel like I
need to go to Dallas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Al, this is what I'm talking about

Dec 8, 2018, 10:59 PM

That feeling. It's almost something we can't really define. But, I know you feel it. I'll see you in Dallas. We'll get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 10:49 PM

How far is your drive? I was thinking about driving earlier today, it is about 15 hours for me. Still undecided.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep..BKelly is such a smug litttle fellow.......

Dec 8, 2018, 11:07 PM

..If petrino and Musschamp mated that would be the result...

Come on man... Let's be greedy...

Dec 9, 2018, 10:53 AM

Then after we beat the daylights outta them all I want is to beat the nightlight outta the other bracket winner.

May as well get it all out there. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on man... Let's be greedy...

Dec 9, 2018, 6:11 PM

The 1979 Irish game was great! They split our fans about 75 yards apart, so we were doing cheers back and forth. They gave us orange or white balloons which we rubbed to make noise the whole game. We were standing and making noise. A ND woman asked an old Clemson man to sit down. His reply, in a deep Upstate accent was "Ma'am, I didn't drive 18 hours to sit and watch a football game".

Since you were there, can you confirm said event?

Dec 9, 2018, 6:03 PM

Looks legit to me.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/r8oXwwM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 8:37 PM

Fear not. They are overrated and don't match our talent level. We too deep. They will be crushed.

However, if we get some crazy officiating in this game (as I suspect we will...given Vegas' endless quest for Clemson failing to cover) we could...and I stress could...find ourselves one or two or three plays away from losing.

I'm thinking Hueggel for a 43 yd kick with 2 ticks left to save us kind of a thing. I shudder to think.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,476
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic