Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is no need for an 8 team playoff....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,361

There is no need for an 8 team playoff....

Jan 1, 2017, 5:19 PM

The last two years haven't done much to argue playoff expansion, if anything it's questioned the need all together. None of the semi round games have been competive except for the Bama Ohio state game.

With that said, we are 2-0 in semi final games, and playoff kings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Don't buy into the coots argument against the playoff

Jan 1, 2017, 5:37 PM

By the old BCS formula, it would have been Alabama-OSU this year and we would have been left out. Last year it would have worked and been Clemson-Alabama. The previous year would have been FSU-Alabama.

The couple of idiots on FGF argue against it only because we made it in the last two years. They aren't really smart enough to understand that the actual two best teams probably didn't play each a few times in the BCS era, and the controversy over the left-out teams are the reason we have a playoff.

Re: There is no need for an 8 team playoff....

Jan 1, 2017, 5:41 PM

I agree. Keep it at 4. I liked Dabo's response when asked in the pre-bowl presser about playoff expansion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I agree but I think we should stick with four teams.

Jan 1, 2017, 5:44 PM

The problem with the system so far is the distance between the #2 and #3 teams. You'd think a matchup of teams ranked so closely would produce a good game. Not that I don't think 31-0 is a good game when we're on top.

Don't let that score fool you. Anyone can say Washington and OSU shouldn't have been there. Maybe so and maybe some other teams would have matched up with the top two and had a better showing. That's just speculation. I can't name a team that earned either of those last two CFP spots, can anyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree but I think we should stick with four teams.

Jan 1, 2017, 6:44 PM

Eight Conferences giving Eight Champions = No speculation

GO Tigers!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree but I think we should stick with four teams.

Jan 1, 2017, 7:43 PM

No. It makes it too easy for some teams to make the playoff. You'll end up with a steady dose of Conf Champs + SEC2 + BIG10-2+ Notre Dame. OSU will be in the playoffs EVERY year. Bama already is in every year . Do you want to recruit against that?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm probably one of those who have these two reasons...

Jan 1, 2017, 8:13 PM

in mind as top reasons not to have any playoff expansion.

1) You'll kill the bowl traditions. College football is what it is because of traditions. It's more than NFL for me because of it.

2) You don't want the kids to get any more bang-ups. 13-15 games are more than enough. If you change it to 8- or 16-playoff system without reducing the number of regular season games, you'll probably see more and more kids with potential NFL future sitting out after the regular season. And post-season games could be boring.

Re: I'm probably one of those who have these two reasons...

Jan 1, 2017, 9:11 PM

While the playoff system may not be perfect at getting the top four exactly right, I believe it achieves its primary purpose of making absolutely sure the top two teams get in and play for the national championship. I don't think there's a good argument for any of the playoff years that the championship game didn't have the right two teams playing in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic