Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is a biggie lurking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

There is a biggie lurking

Oct 25, 2020, 1:32 PM

Out there. The game coming up in a few weeks with the Irish will show who the best is in the ACC. Hopefully the Tigers will get some very important players back in the lineup for that game. Kendrick was really missed Saturday as was Skalski.

I suspect this will be the site for Gameday too. It will be interesting to see how Coach S. Prepares his team for this game. It’s possible they could meet again in a few weeks. How weird would that be ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a biggie lurking

Oct 25, 2020, 1:34 PM

I wouldn’t consider NC state a biggie?

Oct 25, 2020, 1:41 PM

Have you heard.? The Irish aren’t NC State!

Oct 25, 2020, 1:37 PM

I was watching Miami/UVA and thinking about the fact that both the Hurricanes and the Irish could conceivably end up tied - with their only loss coming against us. Recall they will not play each other this year.

Who would be the ACC runner up?

(Would it be the team with the lowest point differential in their loss to us?)

PS: Love Skalski, Kendrick AND Bresee, but I think we missed Tyler Davis more than anyone y’day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:44 PM

The ACC would find a way to get ND in there. They are the desperate girl at the dance willing to do almost anything. As they have shown time and again with ND. The desperation is pretty sickening actually- Swoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure the tie-breakers are already set up, and

Oct 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

they will be the same for ND as anyone else!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a biggie lurking ]

It would be great to see Swofford somehow
have to choose between ND and UNC.

I know they play each other later, but it would be awesome to hear Swoffy lobbying publicly for the Irish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is a tiebreaker would be....

Oct 25, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a biggie lurking ]

Their record against the next team in the standings.....so if for instance, Miami beat the 4th place team, and ND did not play the 4th place team.....then Miami would go. They would go down the standings until the tie was broken.
But that’s a guess based on other tiebreaker scenarios in the past.
Otherwise, it’s probably a coin flip scenario.
Point differential has nothing to do with it....that I do know.
If Miami wins out, I think they would likely win the tiebreaker....they have a tougher slate overall than ND.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:40 PM

Davis also appeared to be sorely missed in the middle! Skalski and Davis are important!

Oct 25, 2020, 1:50 PM

I hope UNCheat ends up in the championship game with us instead of ND or Miami. Hard to beat a good team twice and I like the variety. Plus we can spank them after our close game in Chapel Hill last year.

A classic ACC matchup for the ACCCG.

If we do end up playing ND in the ACCCG that will be 6 straight years with 6 different opponents.

Just an Opinion

Oct 25, 2020, 1:54 PM

ND loses on the road to UNC,leaving them out of the ACCCG with 2 losses.

ND has had a problem with real road games against good teams for year and Mack will have his team as ready for ND as he had them for Clemson last year .

Again, just an opinion

Re: Just an Opinion

Oct 25, 2020, 2:09 PM

This scenario is quite possible. Just about anything involving the rest of the ACC is possible. Not only does ND play away @ UNC, they also play @ GT, BC, and WF. Regardless of one's feelings about ND, it is a big game when you play them, and everyone is going to give them their best shot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

They certainly haven't proven they can put up the points

Oct 25, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Just an Opinion ]

UNC can.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic