Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There are times, when you do somehing that you think is just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

There are times, when you do somehing that you think is just

Mar 20, 2020, 1:04 PM

a small favor, and you get a great reward from it. This morning, I filleted a big mess of crappie I caught yesterday, and I called my neighbor asking her if she would like some. They are in their 80's and I was concerened they would be afraid to take them from me. But, as it turned out, she was very happy to get them. As it turns out, her father was a huge fisherman. She said he had a fishing license from every state in the union, and in fact, he died while fighting a salmon in the river. I am so glad I made a small effort....

Anyway, I hope everybody has a great day...

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are times, when you do somehing that you think is just

Mar 20, 2020, 1:07 PM

Where are you finding the crappie? They are still in deep water in Lake Greenwood

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are times, when you do somehing that you think is just

Mar 20, 2020, 1:11 PM

Spud, like all good fisherman, will not divulge that information unless you are pulling his nails out with a pair of pliers and then it will be sketchy. That is a nice thing you did Spud Man. Many people take fish to people uncleaned which tells me they just don't want to clean them. Catching, cleaning, and giving is what generosity is all about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks very much. I will give out crappie info though....***

Mar 20, 2020, 1:12 PM

A couple were in laydowns 3 feet deep, but the big ones were

Mar 20, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: There are times, when you do somehing that you think is just ]

in the middle of pockets. They have not spawned yet, but have to be getting close....I only spent an hour or so trying to catch any. I think I could have caught a bunch if I stayed on it...

Re: A couple were in laydowns 3 feet deep, but the big ones were

Mar 20, 2020, 1:15 PM

I live near Lake Marion and they are moving here too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wea are gonna have to go this summer when I get back to the

Mar 20, 2020, 1:17 PM

beach...

I finally caught a couple just before dark

Mar 20, 2020, 10:36 PM [ in reply to A couple were in laydowns 3 feet deep, but the big ones were ]

right in front of my pier in about four feet of water - maybe they will be more shallow now.

The key to catching crappie is holding your mouth right.....***

Mar 20, 2020, 10:44 PM

Must have been my problem- after 19 days

Mar 20, 2020, 10:45 PM

of March with only a couple of crappie, I was gritting my teeth with every cast.

Message was edited by: clover65®

When I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9, we were fishing in Fishing

Mar 20, 2020, 11:04 PM

Creek on Clark Hill. It would be me, my dad, my uncle,and my grandfather in a 14 foot aluminum boat with 3 benches. Ocassionally, my older cousin would come too, and then it was REALLY crowded. But, we would always go to the bank, have our blessing, and eat a lunch of devilled egg sandwiches,fried chicken, pork and beans and a PEPSI. ALWAYS A PEPSI, never a coke. Anyway, sometimes my dad would let me stay on the bank and walk the bank with a cane pole and a few minnows while he and my uncle got back in the boat and maybe went around the corner for an hour or so. I know,I know, how could he leave a kid that age.....but ,back then, we knew early how to take care of ourselves. Anyway, he came back in an hour or so, and I had a mess of big white crappie. So many, that I told him I had run out of minnows. Seeing my cork in the water at the end of my pole, my dad said,"Bryan,if you are out of minnows what are you fishiing with?".....I said,"Kits"....When my dad saw that piece of candy,kind of like a skittle today but not nearly as good,stuck on the hook, I thouhgt he was going to die laughing right then and there....I have a friend that says I am a machine when it comes to fishing, that I just don't stop. Well, I guess anyone that puts candy on a hook to keep on fishing.......

When I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9, we were fishing in Fishing

Mar 20, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Must have been my problem- after 19 days ]

Creek on Clark Hill. It would be me, my dad, my uncle,and my grandfather in a 14 foot aluminum boat with 3 benches. Ocassionally, my older cousin would come too, and then it was REALLY crowded. But, we would always go to the bank, have our blessing, and eat a lunch of devilled egg sandwiches,fried chicken, pork and beans and a PEPSI. ALWAYS A PEPSI, never a coke. Anyway, sometimes my dad would let me stay on the bank and walk the bank with a cane pole and a few minnows while he and my uncle got back in the boat and maybe went around the corner for an hour or so. I know,I know, how could he leave a kid that age.....but ,back then, we knew early how to take care of ourselves. Anyway, he came back in an hour or so, and I had a mess of big white crappie. So many, that I told him I had run out of minnows. Seeing my cork in the water at the end of my pole, my dad said,"Bryan,if you are out of minnows what are you fishiing with?".....I said,"Kits"....When my dad saw that piece of candy,kind of like a skittle today but not nearly as good,stuck on the hook, I thouhgt he was going to die laughing right then and there....I have a friend that says I am a machine when it comes to fishing, that I just don't stop. Well, I guess anyone that puts candy on a hook to keep on fishing.......

My dad, grandfather, and I would wade

Mar 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

the Catawba near Fort Mill to fish for catfish and had to be alert for rising water due to Lake Wylie ### release - I couldn’t swim but they would let me pick my way through all the rocks hoping I would avoid the deep holes/ had to get back close to shore fast when rising- It was near the train trestle & engineer would toss chewing gum to us if we were on the bank - old memories

D-Amn the d-a-m censorship***

Mar 21, 2020, 11:20 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic