Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Job openings at the end of this season? Who do you see?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,456

Job openings at the end of this season? Who do you see?

Nov 9, 2020, 8:49 AM

Beyond the obvious one in Cootlumbia (Yes, I think they come up with some way to carve enough money from the SEC budget to buy out Moistcramp), who else to you see getting the axe?

Personally, I think that Harbaugh at Meechigan has finally worn out his welcome at sleepovers, unless by some miracle he beats 0310 State at the end of the season. Then, he would buy himself another year.

Frost at Nebraska is living on borrowed time, Covid may buy him one more year, but possibly not.

Hermam in Texas is in similar straits. He still has some time to salvage his season, but already it has fallen short of their expectations going into the year.

Franklin at Pedophile State? I am SURE they had no plans to be 0-3, having just been BLOWN OUT BY MARYLAND. If they somehow lose to the Cornshuckers next game, the FIRE FRANKLIN website is sure to get going.

How about within the ACC? I don't keep up with such stuff, but can't think of one right off the bat, unless it would be Dooshebag Dooren at Nancy's Tate.

C'mon guys, let's get a discussion going that doesn't involve Domers, for cripes sake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Job openings at the end of this season? Who do you see?

Nov 9, 2020, 8:54 AM

I think there will be greater hesitancy to fire coaches this year given the budget constraints COVID has put on these athletic departments. Herman, Frost and Franklin definitely get another year. Who knows, maybe Harbaugh finally beats Ohio St and hangs on. Let's hope the Coots keep Muschamp forever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 to you for pointing out the Covid impllications. You may

Nov 9, 2020, 9:04 AM

well be right about that. But, I don't think even Covid will save Muschamp. He has totally lost the fanbase, and rumblings are that even major boosters are stopping their donations. That will end him moreso than the average fan outcry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still not convinced uof6c has the money to fire NoChamp...

Nov 9, 2020, 9:01 AM

but even if they do fire him, they're going to have trouble (just like last time) finding any coach worth his salt to take the job.

Otherwise, in addition to those you mentioned, I think the following coaches are firmly on the hot seat:

Pruitt at Tennessee

Malzahn at Auburn

Babers at Syracuse

Mason at Vandy

Miles at Kansas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Most of these athletic departments are operating on

Nov 9, 2020, 9:07 AM

A deficit this year. We may see coaches get an extra year because of the Wuhan flu. Under normal circumstances I think Muschamp and Harbaugh would be gone for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner will go first at Columbia. New AD

Nov 9, 2020, 9:14 AM

will hire coach.

So, you think Tanner has finally used up his two beisaball

Nov 9, 2020, 9:18 AM

Natty Credits? I think he has. Prior goodwill will only take you so far when present performance sucketh.

Hiring Tanner as AD was a stupid decision...

Nov 9, 2020, 9:34 AM

but exactly what you'd expect from the brain trust at uof6c.

The University of Second Choice is the gift that just keeps on giving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their next AD is Dawn Staley

Nov 9, 2020, 9:55 AM

Mark it down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Dawn will be smart enough for both of them...

Nov 9, 2020, 10:06 AM

and say no !!!!

Nov 9, 2020, 9:53 AM

I don't know what players everyone is working with, but I would imagine any program who had some top players opt out will give some extra grace to their coach as well.

I know Penn St and Syracuse had multiple top players opt out for the year. I would imagine this would be a factor at those places when the decision is being made.

COVID or no COVID, if the Texas boosters want Herman gone then he is gone. They throw around money in a way that very few are willing to do.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in Columbia for sure. They don't have the money in the budget to fire Muschamp and staff, pay buyouts, and pay a new coaching staff. On the other hand, they may not have enough money NOT to do all of those things also because at some point you are losing future money by keeping somebody who has no chance to succeed and has lost the fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT fans are pretty riled up after Fuente

Nov 9, 2020, 10:23 AM

Icing the Liberty kicker on a 59 yarder

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT fans are pretty riled up after Fuente

Nov 9, 2020, 10:41 AM

It was just a microcosm of the problems he already had. No chance of him leaving after this year. Can't afford it. The buyout is too big, but the rumblings have been going on a while under the surface, and Saturday brought a lot of them to the top.

He is on borrowed time at this point, IMO.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:29 AM

I would imagine K.Smart's seat is a little warm due to the fact he currently has a losing streak to Will Muschamp

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic