Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25

Feb 2, 2017, 10:35 AM

Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my favorite thing about these kind of polls

Feb 2, 2017, 10:45 AM

is we dropped a spot between this poll and the last meaningless poll after non games have been played

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25

Feb 2, 2017, 10:45 AM

It is interesting to me that FSU is again very high in the opinion rankings. Maybe they are. I love playing from an underdog position and The "Crime-a-Noles" do numerically recruit very high. But when will their "over recruiting and under performing" translate to meaningful lowering of these annual lofty predictions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 10:47 AM

They have a championship in the last 3 years to go along with high recruiting rankings year in and out. That's where the confidence in "guessing" a preseason ranking comes from.

Feb 2, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25 ]

Over the last 4 years, FSU has gone 47-7 with a National Championship, a 2nd playoff appearance, and an Orange Bowl win over a top 6 Michigan team. Two of their losses during that time have come against a Clemson team that went 28-2 in a two year period.

Their QB is pretty darn awesome

Feb 2, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25 ]

Their offensive line wasn't that great. Their QB took a ton of hits, all year, and kept on playing like a boss. Did you see our game? I think Wilkins almost killed him one play. He's a warrior. Gotta give credit where credit is due

Re: Their QB is pretty darn awesome

Feb 3, 2017, 4:41 PM

I agree about Francois being tough as nails. But even nails can wear out if they get hammered enough.

Feb 2, 2017, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25 ]

You also have to remember that FSU and Bama play the opening weekend. E$PN is going to rank both as high as they can.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any Poll That Has OSU Ranked Ahead of Clemson is Stupid

Feb 2, 2017, 10:58 AM

Urban Meyer is our beatch he will never beat Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Poll That Has OSU Ranked Ahead of Clemson is Stupid

Feb 2, 2017, 11:22 AM

They won a National Championship two years ago without having to play Clemson.

Had they had to have played Clemson Urban would be 0-3

Feb 2, 2017, 11:34 AM

Against Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Poll That Has OSU Ranked Ahead of Clemson is Stupid

Feb 3, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Any Poll That Has OSU Ranked Ahead of Clemson is Stupid ]

That 2014 Clemson defense (#1 in the nation) would have given OSU all they could handle.

I know. I mean, he's only won 3 NCs.***

Feb 2, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Any Poll That Has OSU Ranked Ahead of Clemson is Stupid ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice sarcasm***

Feb 3, 2017, 5:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 11:08 AM

Just to repeat what has been said here before - the outside world is not paying attention or they don't want to and don't really know what is happening in Tiger town and what Dabo is building. That is fine with me. Keep the blinders on. We are here to stay.

Feb 2, 2017, 11:13 AM

How is having Clemson ranked at #5 showing that people don't think Clemson is here to stay? A top 5 ranking means they feel Clemson is right in the thick of the title hunt.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25 ]

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 2, 2017, 11:21 AM

USUCSR, Ohno st, Penn st, lo freaking l

All the polls are laughable...never close at season's end...

Feb 2, 2017, 11:33 AM

...just goes to show you that you are just as smart or not smarter than the "experts". The experts probably operate off of hype, emotions and biased perceptions more than your normal college football viewer.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice sarcasm.***

Feb 2, 2017, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 11:38 AM

These polls don't matter, but I will say that I'm excited to bet the "under" on Penn St wins next year. They're going to have a ton of hype.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:50 PM

Hope we play them. The Tigers will devour the Kittany Lions.

FSU is ranked so high precisely because we lose DW4

Feb 2, 2017, 12:11 PM

Supposedly a much easier-looking (on the surface) path to the CFP, just because we should be "down."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a "way too early preseason poll"

Feb 2, 2017, 12:18 PM

to be ranked 6th without anyone knowing who the starting qb is going to be is actually about as complimentary as it gets. These polls are useless of course but this is yet even more proof we are a staple top 10 team, year in and year out, regardless of attrition.

Plain Bull$hit - we win the Natty

Feb 2, 2017, 1:05 PM

and we still get no respect!!!!

Plenty of respect. #6 without DW4.***

Feb 2, 2017, 1:13 PM

Ranked us #6? Unbelievable. So much hate they have for us

Feb 2, 2017, 1:22 PM

Liberals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We always finish higher than where we started even when

Feb 2, 2017, 2:07 PM

we were number 2, we were underrated

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic