Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is is possible to vote the entire state of California
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Is is possible to vote the entire state of California

Dec 18, 2020, 1:43 PM

out of the union? They have got to be the stupidest state in the union. In a stadium that seats over 90,000 people, they will not allow the families of the players and coaches - which would easily total less than 1,000 people - in to the stadium! To say that they couldn't seat families and close friends - even 5,000 people - and have them easily and plentifully socially distanced is absurd and ridiculous (I did read that strip clubs are allowed to be open - so maybe we could work something in....). Throw in that one of their biggest counties, Santa Clara, has banned all contact sports - which includes college and NFL football - is a joke. I would venture to say that the percentage of NFL and college players to test positive for COVID-19 is below that of the general population, or very close to it, especially given the degree of contact they have with one another.

I vote that we not wait on the "great earthquake" to do the job for us, but that we simply vote them out and say "Hasta La Vista" and cut them loose. Shoot, most of their jobs and a lot of their population are leaving on their own, anyway, so all that will soon be left is college professors and big tech.

Where do we go to draft the paperwork?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is is possible to vote the entire state of California

Dec 18, 2020, 1:49 PM

File with the courts. Say that California's actions are hurting other states. It worked for Texas.... oh wait... forget that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 1:51 PM

The democratic run states are trying to control all the people and the small businesses using the virus as their excuse. The democrats want complete control of the common people at any cost and your taxes in the future will reflect that.

and dumb arses keep voting for these people,allegedly anyway***

Dec 18, 2020, 2:30 PM

dumb arses and the deaded ones***

Dec 18, 2020, 2:53 PM

Their economy is too entertained with the national

Dec 18, 2020, 1:54 PM

economy for that to happen.

Remember when Trump won and there was a movement for California to succeed from the United States? They owe so much debt to the U.S. that it being on the back what instantly bankrupt the state and failure for them to pay would likely cost an instant war between the United States and California.

The reverse is true, California holds so much US debt that it is impossible to kick them out.

Course the way the economy is getting ready to go through inflation, that may not matter in the future. 35% of all US dollars printed happened in the last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Entertwined, not entertained.***

Dec 18, 2020, 1:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

So in other words, our best hope is

Dec 18, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Their economy is too entertained with the national ]

for a gigantic earthquake to swallow it or that it completely breaks-off from the rest of the continental US and sinks into the abyss never to be seen or heard from again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 18, 2020, 2:10 PM

I think we should just “form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” How does that sound....

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 2:28 PM

You Trumpers with your freedom and liberty crap. The natural human condition is to be ruled and Democrats love nothing more than pure unadulterated power to control every aspect of your life. You will be made to obey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 18, 2020, 2:10 PM

You do recognize that Cali, if it was its own county would be the 5th largest economy in the world. Just behind Germany, ahead of India and Great Britain. They are the biggest "chunk" of 'Merica outside the Northeast Republic.

Just because you might disagree with someone, you don't vote them out... unless they are a politician and then yes, that rule applies.

Plus, if we were going to vote out a state, the obvious choice is Missouri.

What ever happened to the "states rights" folks. Shesh

sorry, that's what California has taught everyone

Dec 18, 2020, 2:28 PM

"if you don't agree, you're out"

And the country would be fine without California. Big? Yes, we'd fill the holes fruit and nuts from somewhere else!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: sorry, that's what California has taught everyone

Dec 18, 2020, 2:51 PM

Well, you would be giving Seattle or Portland Or. a lot more power as much of the pacific trade flows through Cali. Even then, the logistics would make that more challenging. I don't think you would get a different result. Even then, 'Murica would then have to negotiate with Cali as an sovereign, but as a subordinate.

I guess you just want to get the fruits and nuts from.... Mexico? kinda self defeating.

You do realize

Dec 18, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Is is possible to vote the entire state of California ]

that I'm joking, right? Everybody (well, I thought everybody) knows that that's not even a remotely realistic option.

Lighten up, Francis.

Re: You do realize

Dec 18, 2020, 2:56 PM

Vote out Missouri then....

I'm no CA apologist, there's A LOT wrong here

Dec 18, 2020, 2:15 PM

But CA would do much better without the other 49 states than the other way around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

L O L

Dec 18, 2020, 2:33 PM

Keep telling yourself that. As one company after another leaves that high-tax, liberal lunatic run cesspool of a state.

Re: L O L

Dec 18, 2020, 2:40 PM

It is illegally occupied territory stolen from Mexico and Alta California should be returned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The whole ####### country is stolen land.***

Dec 18, 2020, 3:33 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's simply not true.

Dec 18, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I'm no CA apologist, there's A LOT wrong here ]

Cali could exist on its on, and it would hurt the US, but it certainly would not thrive.

And I suspect that an exodus would take place as well. In the end, the new currency that California would have to institute would really hurt the state based on the fact that they would owe a large debt to the US.

Dec 18, 2020, 2:38 PM

I'm not particularly a fan of the golden state myself, but I wonder if DJ and Ngata would have enrolled as international students?

Dec 18, 2020, 3:24 PM

yeah, let's kick the world's 4th largest economy out of our country, a state with the highest federal budget surplus, net largest contributor of revenue to the federal government, and producer of 1/3rd of the country's produce. oh, and of course the port of Long Beach is the second largest shipping port, and delivers you all your goodies from china. Should be a fun tariff to get your stuff when we kick them out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is cute

Dec 18, 2020, 3:30 PM

bunch of people who mostly post on a football message board discussing worldly matters and politics. Sort of like third graders discussing quantum physics.

Dec 18, 2020, 3:55 PM

o2bnclemson may I invite you to the Politics and Religion board?

dude, i live in los angeles. step off, jack.***

Dec 18, 2020, 3:55 PM

Dec 18, 2020, 4:32 PM

I don't agree with them on much, but they have the 5th largest economy in the world.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic