Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The three H's of Clemson football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,328

The three H's of Clemson football

Mar 6, 2019, 6:08 PM

Heisman, Howard and Hatfield. As Meatloaf sang - "2 out of three aint bad"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The three H's of Clemson football

Mar 6, 2019, 6:26 PM

Replace one with a Hunter!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 6:28 PM

Hatfield had a better win percentage than Howard.Kens four year was 707 win percent and an acc championship.I take issue with those who down play his time here.He actually was a good coach with no personality.Howards winning percentage was 580 for 30 years.I don’t know which of the H you were referring to but Hatfield don’t deserve to be bashed

Mar 6, 2019, 6:52 PM

Don’t forget that only 38% of Coach Howard’s games where he was the HC were played at Clemson. He was also handicapped by the SAT rule the ACC imposed in the (I think) 60s. His winning percentage with little ol’ Clemson is #### impressive considering all that.

Mar 6, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The three H's of Clemson football ]

Hatfield had an impossible job. Everyone loved Coach Ford. Administration did what they had to do for the university.
I hold no grudges against Coach Hatfield. He wanted the job, I think he did his best. Bitter fans hurt Clemson for many years because they didn’t accept Coach Hatfield. Danny Ford was a great Coach. Clemson administration did what was best for the university. I was in my 30s at the time. I’m thankful for Coach Fords contribution to Clemson football. He will always be part of Clemson’s Football legacy. At the time I was angry about Coach Fords didmissal but I still supported the Tigers. Many supporters contributed to the failure to recruit athletes. Thank God that Terry Don Phillips saw the potential in Dabo and Clemson University.

I guess you can take issue with me if you want.

Mar 6, 2019, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The three H's of Clemson football ]

He took us from a top ten program to a 5-6 season by his third year. Getting waxed by Cal in the Citrus was embarrassing. Even his last season which some consider successful saw us get absolutely embarrassed by FSU to the tune of 57-0. His pathetic option offense couldn’t even score. Throw a loss to Weak Forest in there and that’s why hardly any Clemson fan thinks he was a good coach. Good guy but not a good coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The three H's of Clemson football ]

Hatfield obviously. He was awful. And yes he he does deserve it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 8:35 PM

32-13-1 is not awful. The two to follow Hatfield were worse. I still think the real culprit was the Clemson administration.

Hunter needs to be on the list***

Mar 6, 2019, 9:22 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,328
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic