Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY redshirt, no confirmation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

IPTAY redshirt, no confirmation?

Aug 20, 2020, 8:27 AM

My family has reluctantly decided to take the redshirt offer. I've done the online form and got a screen that said "Thank You!" and that the ticket office would contact me after the deadline to go over what to do (full refund, apply toward next year, etc.). The form asked to verify my email and phone #, but then I got no confirmation email that I had successfully completed the redshirt application.

Is anyone else's experience different? I really expected a confirmation email that I had done what needed to be done before the deadline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you not read?

Aug 20, 2020, 8:47 AM

They will contact you AFTER THE DEADLINE.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you not read?

Aug 20, 2020, 9:12 AM

Yes. I can read. I understood that there would be additional contact later, but a simple "We've received your request" confirmation email would be helpful and was expected based on other interactions with IPTAY (e.g., when I fill out my ticket request online, I get an email; when I donate, I get an email; when I fill out my parking request, I get an email...)

In fact, I just received a call from IPTAY offices that they did, in fact, get my request and said that some people had opted-out multiple times because they never got a confirmation notice and were worried their request had not gone through. The gentleman who called me told me that the confirmation notice "slipped through the cracks" and they hoped to get it fixed quickly so that people know their request is in the system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IT at iptay is not very user friendly.. but

Aug 20, 2020, 9:27 AM

I've always been able to resolve issues. So don't over stress.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The thing that annoys me about the Redshirt option...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:12 AM

it that IPTAY is asking supporters to make this decision based on limited information.

They should first communicate how many tickets each person would be allocated, which games each person would be able to attend and where the seats would be located.

Instead, they are asking tickets holders to make decision with limited or no information.

Not good customer service IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The thing that annoys me about the Redshirt option...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:17 AM

I get that it's a bit of a chicken vs egg problem in that they can't know how many ticket you might get until they know how many people opt out and at what levels, since priority will still hold sway. But yeah, they have not communicated the issues very well. They needed to say "you might not get your full allocation, you might not get your parking place(s), you might not be allowed to tailgate. Knowing that, what do you want to do?"

I think the way this has been presented...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

will result in more people taking the Redshirt option that might not have otherwise.

Clemson has roughly 11,000 season ticket holders who account for nearly 60,000 tickets. If capacity is limited to 20% (like some other schools are doing), that would equate to approximately 16,000 per game. With only five home game (maybe six), most people will receive tickets to one maybe two games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they way this has been presented...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:36 AM

Yeah, that sort of math is why we went ahead and opted for the redshirt.

Re: I think the way this has been presented...

Aug 20, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to I think the way this has been presented... ]

So you read the emails as though those of us who might be given season tickets, would only be allotted tickets for 1 to 3 home games and not the entire season?

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

I think that is absolutely going to happen...

Aug 20, 2020, 1:01 PM

I have been a loyal IPTAY member for over thirty years now. I purchase six season tickets annually in Sections D and E and park in Lot 6.

Unless I opt for the Redshirt, I'm only expecting to get two tickets to maybe one or two games. Who knows where those seats may be located.

Re: I think that is absolutely going to happen...

Aug 20, 2020, 4:46 PM

BigCUFan® said:

I have been a loyal IPTAY member for over thirty years now. I purchase six season tickets annually in Sections D and E and park in Lot 6.

Unless I opt for the Redshirt, I'm only expecting to get two tickets to maybe one or two games. Who knows where those seats may be located.

Okay, so there has been ZERO communication from IPTAY with this information shared with IPTAY membership, it's just a "historical gut feeling guess". Just trying to separate fact from feeling, so I don't make the wrong decision, as I don't want 1 or 2 games, it's all or nothing for us.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Therein lies the problem...

Aug 21, 2020, 8:22 AM

IPTAY is asking us to make a decision without all of the information we need to do so.

We're being asked to make a decision about redshirting without knowing how many tickets we would get, which game would be included and where the seats would be located.

Based on what other schools are doing (limiting attendance to 2o% to 25%), it's reasonable to assume that Clemson will do something substantially similar in which case, there is no way the University accommodate all 11,000 season tickets holders who purchase some 60,000 tickets.

Re: The thing that annoys me about the Redshirt option...

Aug 20, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to The thing that annoys me about the Redshirt option... ]

I'm with you on this. I think Drad and athletics are purposefully doing
this to get people to red-shirt. I am probably going to redshirt because
I have no information on what the other options will be.

I have a friend that has 50yd line tickets and he is not redshirting. He
thinks he can sell his tickets and make money. But he does not know if he
will get his original seats, so I think he may not be happy in the end.

Clemson and Athletics can do better than this. They should be open and
out front with the options.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY redshirt, no confirmation?

Aug 20, 2020, 3:06 PM

I submitted the online form to redshirt on Monday. I had not gotten a confirmation, so I sent an e-mail to IPTAY asking if they received my submission. I also resubmitted the redshirt form.

This morning I got a response saying IPTAY had no record of my submission(s) but IPTAY would fill in the form for me and submit. I said OK and got another advising me that I have been opted out for 2020.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic