Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the man himself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,408

From the man himself

Nov 27, 2020, 8:18 AM

"I want to use my platform to help bring awareness to these issues that impact our communities and offer the next generation a more positive path forward."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/deshaun-watson-partners-with-nike-to-give-george-floyds-high-school-football-team-new-jerseys/ar-BB1bo21B

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rassist TDer up early this morning

Nov 27, 2020, 8:52 AM

Poor snowflake got triggered by DW4

Re: From the man himself

Nov 27, 2020, 8:56 AM

This is a wise and honorable thing to do. I like it much better than “using his platform” in other ways.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:08 AM

That's great. Good for him. Would you have a problem with him taking a dump on, or even burning, an American flag at midfield before his next game? If so, why? Are you a snowflake or something?

Nov 27, 2020, 10:21 AM

Sorry, no matter why or how he died, but Floyd was a criminal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 10:23 AM

the cop is a killer. two wrongs dont make a right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please Bring...

Nov 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

awareness that 70% of the births in the Black Community are out of wedlock. Also point out that the same community makes up 13% of the population yet commits 50% of the murders and 53% of the rbberies . Brotherhood doesn't work if you're robbing and killing those in your hood .

Re: Please Bring...

Nov 27, 2020, 12:38 PM

I agree that these are all underlying issues that need to be addressed. I am for law enforcement in many and most these officer involved incidents.

That being said, the Floyd killing is different than many of the others as he was restrained and subdued. The cop murdered him and was a bad cop. They do exist. At the point where Floyd was saying I cannot breath they should have tried to restrain him again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please Bring...

Nov 27, 2020, 1:13 PM

Underlying issues? The fact that almost 75% of black children are born out of wedlock is the single biggest problem in the black community. Back when Obama was president, before CNN got Trump to rangement syndrome, Don lemon did a segment following a rant about Bill O’Reilly on Fox about the black community. Don Lemon Said Bill O’Reilly did not go far enough and he ripped the black community to clean up at home house. Identify politics, black leaders getting rich off of perpetuating racism, And problems within the black community are far and away the primary causes of inequality for black people. There are indeed some racist people in America, but they hold no power, and there is absolutely no such thing as systemic racism. America is not a racist country. It’s not white people or America holding black people back.

Whee had this CNN & Don Lemon been the past 4 years?

https://youtu.be/oBUilmPV4P0

Nov 27, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: From the man himself ]

Not sure the level of culpability the cop had in Floyd's death. The full video shows him claiming he can't breathe before they even take him out of the car. At the very least I think he was negligent in how he handled the detention and ignored his obvious medical distress. The other two cops being charged is political though. The trainee twice asked the commanding officer if they should roll him over and check on him as his training stated. I feel bad for that guy.

Floyd killed himself. He was dead long before

Nov 27, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: From the man himself ]

He was stopped by the police, it just had not occured yet. He had 3 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and was already saying "I can't breathe." before getting out of the car. The pressure on his neck certainly didn't help, but without medical intervention, he was going to die anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The racist oppression of America killed him.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:04 PM

We are all guilty of lynching Saint George.
Some football jerseys and associated Nike PR, plus donations of lots of cash to BLM, only scratches the surface of the amount of reparations due.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The racist oppression of America killed him.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:27 PM

LOL! I'm not guilty of anything in regard to GF! His death was completely avoidable, but I didn't have jack**** to do with it. And reparations? More LOL!!!! Get real lib!

Nov 27, 2020, 12:52 PM

Check your meter. He was being sarcastic. The saint should’ve given you the clue.

Nov 27, 2020, 2:10 PM

My "LOL!" should have given you the clue regarding my response being in jest ... then a quick pivot to dead seriousness. This entire situation is not going to end well. The divide is wide, deep ... and growing!

Helllloooooooo - McFly ? McFly ? Anybody home ? ? ?***

Nov 27, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The racist oppression of America killed him. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 27, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to The racist oppression of America killed him. ]

Het tiger swimmer, eat chit(lins).

Nov 27, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to The racist oppression of America killed him. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 27, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: From the man himself ]

The cop is not a racist and not a killer. George Floyd died because of the drugs in his system. He was complaining that he couldn’t breathe before they even put handcuffs on him. They probably thought he was trying to get out of being arrested. And anyone that can say I can’t breathe for almost 8 minutes can most certainly breathe. Have you ever heard a choking person say help me I’m choking? No. You know why? Because you can’t talk when you can’t breathe. If you can say I can’t breathe it actually means you can in fact breathe. Now is that one cop guilty of manslaughter? Negligent homicide? Due to Floyd being in medical distress because of the drug overdose, quite possibly. But that’s up to a jury to the determine. And there is absolutely no evidence of racism.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: From the man himself ]

Watson‘s heart is in the right place and I can appreciate what he’s trying to do, but we have to stop taking these thugs and lifelong criminals and turning them into saints when they get killed by police in the commission of a crime and resisting arrest. Cops are not out killing people. There are roughly 40,000,000 black people in America and millions of interactions between cops and the general public each year, but only around 1000 people are killed on average per year by police and only around 300 of those are black. This narrative the cops are out gunning down black people in the streets is simply ridiculous! And often Black cops are involved also. In fact, studies have shown white cops are less likely to use force than black cops, white cops are slower to react with deadly force than black cops because they know they are under so much scrutiny.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:12 PM

The ignorance and intolerance on here is truly astounding. Many of you are an embarrassment to Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 1:17 PM

Lol

The ignorance & intolerance is on the left.

Where has this CNN & Don Lemon been the past 5 years?

Here is the truth!!!

https://youtu.be/oBUilmPV4P0

Making martyrs out of criminal trash makes you a loser.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:16 PM

Sorry. There is literally nothing respectable about honoring that piece of crap.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:24 PM

Wrong Bored Moran!!!!!

Nov 27, 2020, 2:03 PM

I truly admire a man that gives more to the world than he takes in return. Watson exemplifies this in a time where half our country worships greed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,408
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic