Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida is a perfect example why the AP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Florida is a perfect example why the AP

Oct 21, 2019, 9:13 PM

Polls are just dumb. So Florida looses by 14 to LSU and drops from #7 to #9. Then they struggle for 3 quarters vs South Carolina and move back to number #7.

But wait they supposedly have a great defense who has given up 20 to Miami, 21 to Kentucky with a backup qb, 42 to LSU, and 27 to South Carolina.

I mean seriously this may be one of the most overrated most inflated teams I have ever seen in my entire life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida is a perfect example why the AP

Oct 21, 2019, 9:15 PM

So who would you move ahead of them?

Oct 21, 2019, 9:25 PM

They shouldn’t have jumped Notre Dame since they struggled for 3 quarters and since eye test/style points are a thing I don’t think they are better then any of the other top 11 teams if played on a neutral field. They aren’t a good football team.

Haha***

Oct 21, 2019, 9:28 PM

Oct 21, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida is a perfect example why the AP ]

So ND lost to Georgia, Georgia lost to South Carolina, but you think both of those teams should be ranked ahead of Florida because Florida struggled with South Carolina for 3 quarters?

You also don’t think they’re as good as the Auburn team they beat by 11 points, or the Oregon team that lost to that same Auburn team on a neutral field?

Oct 22, 2019, 4:45 AM

I really hope you don’t bet on games using that kind of logic of who is better. As far as the polls they loss the week before and struggled vs a 3-3 team so they move up 2 spots when 1 team in front of them loss. They did not look impressive against Miami, Kentucky, LSU, and USC which is half of their schedule and obviously the eye test factors into the polls. Then 3 of the other 4 games are 2 cupcakes and Tennessee which is very bad. So they have played one good game verse auburn.

Also on a neutral field they would be a dog vs most of if not all of the top 11 and the only 2 that would be around a pickem is auburn and Oregon.

Oct 22, 2019, 7:57 AM

So it's flawed logic to think Florida is better than Auburn after seeing Florida beat them by 11 points just a couple weeks ago?

You're ripping Florida's performance this season, but what exactly has ND done that you're so impressed with? They only beat USC by 3 points with USC playing with their #3 QB. Their most impressive win was over UVA who lost to that same Miami team that you're holding against Florida for not beating by very much even though Florida had a different QB at the time, and has been playing much better with the new guy.

Oct 21, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida is a perfect example why the AP ]

So you would put them at #12? Having them at #7 doesn't seem to be a travesty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, FLA is way overrated. Clemson/Okie/OSU/maybe even Mizzou will boatrace them***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:33 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Dude. Clemson, Okie, tOSU are all ranked ahead of Florida and all would boat race them

Oct 21, 2019, 11:04 PM

Florida is probably a little bit overrated. I'd put them at #9 with ND at #7 and Oregon at #8.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida is a perfect example why the AP ]

Every team 8-13 lol. I don't think any team outside of the top 5 is that much better than any other team in the top 40 tho.

Oct 21, 2019, 10:11 PM

IMHO Gators beat UGA and go to SEC championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 10:18 PM

I agree, Florida has a great shot at beating Gawga! Remember one of the reasons the Chickens moved the ball on them so well was Florida was missing both starting defensive ends.
I think Florida will run the table in the $EC least and play for the title. Which they will get beat by LSU again.

you say gators and LSU in conf title-where does that leave

Oct 21, 2019, 10:24 PM

bama ???

just curious .....

null

Re: you say gators and LSU in conf title-where does that leave

Oct 21, 2019, 10:27 PM

They are going to lose to LSU with Tua out or hurt.
Then whine endlessly that they should be in the CFP after sitting out the SECCG again arguing that Tua is “healthy.”
Every talking head at ESPN will violently agree.

If us, OSU, and Sooners are all undefeated I don’t see them getting in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: you say gators and LSU in conf title-where does that leave

Oct 21, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to you say gators and LSU in conf title-where does that leave ]

Having an extra week off to recuperate from their taxing sec schedule!! :O :)

ST

You think those UF DEs will play against UGA?

Oct 21, 2019, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida is a perfect example why the AP ]

Not so fast!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest, any team in the top 5

Oct 21, 2019, 10:15 PM

would be a 10+ point favorite against anybody else ranked 6 and lower, even UGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's even dumber

Oct 21, 2019, 10:29 PM

is that Herbstreit had Floridas win as his 6th most "impressive" performance of the week

Re: what's even dumber

Oct 21, 2019, 11:37 PM

When you think about it, just how many super impressive wins are there each week? South Carolina isn’t very good, but they were coming off a big win. Florida was coming off an emotional loss against LSU, on the road, and playing without their two best defensive players so I can see where it was a solid win.

The question is, how did they start out ranked #8

Oct 21, 2019, 10:34 PM

when they were 10-3 last year losing handily to two unranked teams? What happened over the off season that caused anybody to think they'd be among the country's elite to start this season? The answer is absolutely nothing! It's total bullshart that they are ranked in the top ten. They get that ESPN/SEC boost though, plain and simple.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The question is, how did they start out ranked #8

Oct 21, 2019, 11:33 PM

So there were at least 10 teams that didn’t have at least 3 losses last year that returned enough players this year to be unquestionably ranked ahead of Florida to start this season?

They finished ranked #7 last year btw, and 2 of their 3 losses were against teams that finished in the top 12. They also beat 3 ranked teams last year including a 41-15 win over #7 Michigan in their bowl game.

If Florida had no business being in the top 10 to start this season then I’d really be interested in hearing about all 10 teams that had a better case.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:55 PM

I'd say keep in mind that SC beat a "pretty good" Michigan team two years ago to wrap the season and I surely would not have ranked them highly preseason. Just saying that might not be the best control for your research. I'd also say that loosing their starting QB-Franks (not factored into their preseason ranking) helped their team a heck of a lot. That first game against Miami was hard to watch as he was not good. They barely survived Kentucky and SC?? This Florida team is not that good.

Oct 22, 2019, 8:05 AM

What does Michigan from the year before matter? That Michigan team was unranked, and the one Florida beat last year was in the top 10. Granted, I do think Michigan was overrated last year, but that's not the point. The point is answering how Florida was ranked in the top 10 to start this season. They ended last year at 10-3, beat 3 ranked teams, and blew out a team that was ranked in the top 10 in their final game of the season. I don't think it was crazy at all to see them start this season off in the top 10 based on that. I still haven't heard of what 10 teams had a more proven record last year that should have been ranked higher.

Interesting that I haven't seen anyone on here question why Syracuse started the year in the top 25. They had their first decent season in forever last year and lost several players including their starting QB. The guy taking over for him is the same QB who came in against ND last year when they lost 36-3.

This Florida team is trash, not a top 10 quality team, BUT

Oct 22, 2019, 9:20 AM

the problem is, everyone outside the top, I dont know, 5 or 6 teams, is basically trash. So, its a log jam of mediocre teams. Got to put someone up there I guess.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic