Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The problem with being Christian
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

The problem with being Christian

Sep 29, 2020, 1:42 PM

Is reconciling the idea of The Savior and damnation and mentoring young unbelievers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem with being Christian

Sep 29, 2020, 1:50 PM

If that's a problem for you, I'd suggest you read this thing called the "New Testament." It suggests a slightly different approach than raining locusts down upon the unbelievers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 3:16 PM

Then why was there a need for a "New Testament". ###....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You take care of the sowing...

Sep 29, 2020, 1:50 PM

God will take care of the growing.

We plant and water the word in people's hearts. God makes it grow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

NOT inferring that this is you

Sep 29, 2020, 1:52 PM

but the problem with being Christian is not lining up the profession of faith with actually being a living epistle... kind of like the old adage, actions speak louder than words. People too often justify not being a good example in action with "we are all sinners saved by grace" or "we will never reach perfection". To do right and to do good is only as simple as making the decision to do right and to do good...

Sep 29, 2020, 2:16 PM

Sorry,boys... I was Baptised in 1962 and was postulated that Jesus was The Son of GOD and without The Lord I was lost...Now you dudes who think Dabo is Lord, well fine... But look at the hypocrisy.

Taking the Tennessee loss hard, eh?***

Sep 29, 2020, 2:22 PM

Sep 29, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem with being Christian ]

Mogambu® said:

Sorry,boys... I was Baptised in 1962 and was postulated that Jesus was The Son of GOD and without The Lord I was lost...Now you dudes who think Dabo is Lord, well fine... But look at the hypocrisy.

I might have missed it, but when did anyone call Dabo Lord?

that, and it tricks you into believing in magic

Sep 29, 2020, 2:19 PM

as a solution to your problems, Then it allows your mistakes and misfortunes to be blamed on God's Will. I see no personal accountability being taken here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without damnation, there's no need for The Savior.***

Sep 29, 2020, 2:22 PM

I've got 99 problems...

Sep 29, 2020, 2:25 PM

and reconciling the idea of The Savior and damnation and mentoring young unbelievers ain't one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early favorite for Weirdest Post of the Week***

Sep 29, 2020, 2:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was this landfill? That’s out of left field for sure.***

Sep 29, 2020, 2:44 PM

null

Re: Was this landfill? That’s out of left field for sure.***

Sep 29, 2020, 3:12 PM

It is...

Re: Was this landfill? That’s out of left field for sure.***

Sep 29, 2020, 3:13 PM

Maybe

Sep 29, 2020, 3:09 PM

Being Christian in this age of political correctness, where tolerance and acceptance are a must, is a catch 22 for people who are supposed to be on a mission to save souls from burning for eternity.

Dabo exemplified this in his presser when he said he was a christian but didn't think people who do not believe as he does are bad. But his religion says they will deservedly go to hell....

Sep 29, 2020, 3:14 PM

Lately, for a lot of them, it's been trying to claim moral superiority while at the same time defending a degenerate, adulterous, narcissistic fraud in the White House.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 29, 2020, 3:27 PM

If you have looked all the through the bible you would know that God does not pick the most religious person to do his bidding. He choses someone that can get the job done. One that most should know is the story of Paul-Saul. I have always been a Christian and some times not a good one. I have been trying my best to become a better Christian or @ least be as good as Dabo. God's will is not always our will and that is the hardest part to understand.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:11 PM

Paul was pretty fraudish, too.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Sep 29, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem with being Christian ]

God answers all prayers but some time we don't like the answer.

Beyond laughable.

Sep 29, 2020, 3:43 PM

for instance, if a young child who is critically survives, it's proof of God's grace. If the child succumbs to his illness, it was God's choice. Kind of like flipping a coin that is heads on both sides.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beyond laughable.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:03 PM

So I am guessing your are not a Christian. I will not say I understand God's will and anyone that does is only kidding themselves. If the child succumbs to his illness it is God's will for what ever reason. You either believe or you don't its called faith.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:07 PM

I'm far to inquisitive to accept a narrative on "faith" alone.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:13 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel

Sep 29, 2020, 6:24 PM

https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/how-case-for-christ-author-lee-strobel-fabricated-his-best-selling-story/

Sep 29, 2020, 7:05 PM

Only thing I can tell you is try to prove their is no God. Many have tried but maybe just maybe you will be the one that can finally prove it. Good Luck

Prove to me that unicorns and sasquatch aren't real.***

Sep 29, 2020, 7:17 PM

Re: Prove to me that unicorns and sasquatch aren't real.***

Sep 29, 2020, 7:20 PM

Can I ask you a personal question? Where are you from or were born?

Sep 29, 2020, 7:44 PM

Nope, let's just stick with proving to me that unicorns and sasquatch don't exist. Thanks. I eagerly await your evidence.

Sep 29, 2020, 7:46 PM

The last 2 unicorns were eaten when Noah forgot to latch the pen to the bears on the Ark.

Sep 29, 2020, 8:04 PM

Bless your heart.

Why does one have to prove they are not real?

Sep 29, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Prove to me that unicorns and sasquatch aren't real.*** ]

Especially when science has not proven they are?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Why does one have to prove they are not real?

Sep 29, 2020, 8:14 PM

OrangeCrush said nobody could prove God isn't real. Since that's not how the burden of proof works, I thus challenged him to prove unicorns and sasquatch are not real. Same concept.

If a person claims anything exists, the burden of proof rests upon him to prove it, not demand someone prove him wrong.

Re: Why does one have to prove they are not real?

Sep 29, 2020, 9:19 PM

I think it goes without saying that you and I both know what we each believe concerning God. Some believe, some don't. I'm ok with that... because full growd people, like children too, can believe anything they want to! :)

I'll let you two get back to it. Have a good night. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Prove to me that unicorns and sasquatch aren't real.*** ]

Well the reason I asked where you were from is because the only people I have ever met that uses Jesus's name like you were not from the south so I am guessing you are not either.

Guess you need to meet more Southerners then.

Sep 29, 2020, 8:20 PM

Born and raised here, and lived all but a year and a half in the South. Plenty of Southerners speak that way.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Beyond laughable. ]

I also believe if Dabo did not have his faith he would not be where he is today. You can call that a bunch of hog wash but that is your right. That is why USA is so great.

Please, by all means...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem with being Christian ]

Tell us what prayers Trump has answered that you lifted up to the Lawd.

Re: Please, by all means...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:17 PM

Hillary did not win.

Re: Please, by all means...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Please, by all means... ]

God also healed my wife when the doctors could not figure out what was wrong.

So...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

Your prayer was Hillary didn't win, and somehow Trump is the answer to that (anyone would have beat Hillary).

Okay.

And your wife, which has nothing to do with Trump.

Jesus. Anything else?

Re: So...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:43 PM

Please don't use Jesus's name in vain. So you don't believe and that is your right as an American.

Sep 29, 2020, 7:12 PM

That's the second time you've asked me not to do that, and I'm going to make a point to keep doing it, especially since your posts generally aren't very Christian. I don't comply with hypocrites. If it bothers you, don't read my posts or come here.

I'm simply asking you how Trump somehow answers your prayers. I'd like an answer, but I think we know there isn't one. He isn't an answer to anyone's prayers, and he's not a Christian. He's a fraud in that regard.

Sep 29, 2020, 7:22 PM

Well best your soul.

Sep 29, 2020, 8:17 PM

Maybe I should have said bless your heart.

The problem with the rectal situation:

Sep 29, 2020, 3:16 PM

On the hole, it stinks, and I think it should be wiped out immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem with the rectal situation:

Sep 29, 2020, 3:40 PM

Not a problem at all if you know what you are talking about

Sep 29, 2020, 6:43 PM

BTW, God reconciles through Jesus... not our teaching about Jesus.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic