Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The power of the Paw in San Francisco
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The power of the Paw in San Francisco

Aug 23, 2018, 3:13 PM

For personal and professional reasons I decided to move to SF this month from Redding. I really enjoy the city. The weather is always good, the food is excellent, and it has lots of parks. (My new residence is a whole block from Golden Gate Park.) And I reduced my cost and travel time for trips back east.

Prior to this move I would visit SF once every few months, normally clad in a Clemson hat or hoodie. I don’t remember anyone saying anything- except for some KState fans in town for a game.

Over the last three days I’ve worn my fitted navy blue paw baseball cap. I’ve had four different strangers stop me in on a sidewalk to ask how Clemson is going to do. I am usually very cautious as college football can be unpredicatable. But one man went so far as to tell me loved watching Christian Wilkins play. When I asked who he his team is, he replied, “I don’t have a college team, but I love watching the Clemson play. They seem like they are having fun.”

San Francisco is not a college town. People here come from everywhere- literally. So to have four random people stop me is a sign of how big the brand is.

Thanks Dabo, and also to folks like Christian Wilkins, Ben Boulware, and Deshaun Watson. They make us look good. ????

(Now if we could somehow get people to understand where Clemson is- in South Carolina- that would be great.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The power of the Paw in San Francisco

Aug 23, 2018, 3:20 PM

Just got back from there myself...Place is a dump...The area where you are at is nice though....I’ve never seen so many homeless
in my life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

What do you expect?

Aug 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

Nancy Pellosi, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters... Need I say more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?? bro...***

Aug 23, 2018, 5:25 PM

maxine waters represents the ghetto in LA

Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to What do you expect? ]

but she doesn't live there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did you go?

Aug 23, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The power of the Paw in San Francisco ]

SF is a big city with lots of neighborhoods, some better than others. Mission and Tenderloin tend to be pretty rough.

Yep

Aug 23, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The power of the Paw in San Francisco ]

My job takes me there quite often, I hate it. The homelessness is ridiculous and they're aggressive But... that's what a sanctuary city wants... right? Tell the world to come and they will.

https://sfmayor.org/sanctuary-city
Since 1989, San Francisco has proudly been a Sanctuary City. We will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our immigrant communities and fight for the progress we’ve achieved in this City. We are a sanctuary city, now, tomorrow and forever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?? Accidental TU***

Aug 23, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The power of the Paw in San Francisco ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Aug 23, 2018, 3:22 PM

"(Now if we could somehow get people to understand where Clemson is- in South Carolina- that would be great.)"

I've been living in the Bay Area for over 22 years now and I gave up on this long ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I’ll take that as a hint to let it go.***

Aug 23, 2018, 5:27 PM

Aug 23, 2018, 3:33 PM

Nice post but SC is getting overrun with people. Some more not knowing where it is wont hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve come a long way.........

Aug 23, 2018, 3:56 PM

back in ‘81 when we became #1 and played for the NC, no one had a clue where Clemson was located. Not a clue. They even did a little segment right before the game that showed on a map where we were. I’d like to think that we’re a little better known now but apparently, not so much out west.

Funny You Say That Really Until Last Year

Aug 23, 2018, 4:03 PM

I would at least once a year have people say "The Clemson Tide" mixing up Bama and Clemson. Don't think that happens now much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Was Just In SF For 2 Days For Work....For The Redeye Back

Aug 23, 2018, 4:02 PM

This morning I wore a Clemson hoodie with a big orange paw on it for the flight back. I wore it a bunch last year and people in Ohio or Texas would occasionally comment. Today in SFO airport I had 3 people in a span of 15 minutes recognize it and have some knowledge of Clemson. They knew Dabo and big time knew Deshaun Watson.

Power of the Paw !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To each his own, and certainly hope you're happy, but

Aug 23, 2018, 4:27 PM

SF sucks. But I understand you had reasons for leaving Redding and wish you all the best!!
And congrats, bc you must be doing well to afford it!

I'm a Chas boy, so the SF weather makes me think God made a mistake. A frigid 60 in the summer with the fog rolling in was not for me.

I'm 90mins out near Placerville, work in a hospital in Sacramento, spend a lot of time playing in Tahoe. When I started here, it was "What's a Clemson?" For the last 5 yrs its been fist bumps and go Tigers from techs, MDs, amd everyone in between.

They're an easy team to pull for, that's for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

SF is heaven compared to Redding, plus Muir is not far.

Aug 23, 2018, 5:29 PM

How do you like Sac?

The city by the city by the bay?

Aug 24, 2018, 4:55 PM

Sac is actually pretty cool, but I'm not a city guy, so I drive 40 mins east up the Sierras to Shingle Springs, kid goes to school in Placerville.
I make big city money, but pay a modest mortgage for an acre property. My area reminds me loosely of Walhalla to be honest, though its probably more conservative than upstate SC. A thing many people don't understand about CA.
I ski Sierra at Tahoe 45 mins from the house, great hiking, and a nice country living feel. I far prefer this area to anything in the bay area.
If you ever feel like coming up for a day, tmail me and we can get on a trail, river, or lake. Cheers!

null

Got family (in-laws) in Placerville area.

Aug 23, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to To each his own, and certainly hope you're happy, but ]

One set of wife's grandparents used to live in Pollock Pines further north or west or whatever. Enjoy visiting the area but always prefer to come back to the Lowcountry. Great hiking around those parts and of course, In and Out......dang I'm getting hungry!

Haha, close. Its east. I laugh bc driving up into the mountains

Aug 24, 2018, 5:00 PM

always feels north to me.
Pollock is pretty, but above the snowline, so they get decent storms a few times each winter. 15 mins downslope, its only rain at my house.
If SC ever decided to pay living wages, I would be back home in a heartbeat. But i literally take a 70% paycut just in hourly pay. Can't do it.
Pay aside, there is no finer place than the Lowcountry. CA is not all that.

null

Redding and SF are night and day different

Aug 23, 2018, 7:55 PM [ in reply to To each his own, and certainly hope you're happy, but ]

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to move from Redding to SF. I grew up in LA and now live in a small town. I don't mind visiting the city, but no chance that I would ever move back.

“I left my heart in San Francisco”

Aug 23, 2018, 4:43 PM

????

unfortunately

Aug 23, 2018, 4:51 PM

The private equity money from SF has found Charleston SC. They are driving up prices and building the ugliest building. We have lost the charm of our city to private equity groups out of SF and NY. Wish they had never found us.

Re: I get out to Palo Alto/Menlo Park quite a bit on

Aug 23, 2018, 7:35 PM

business. Can't say I'm a huge fan of SF....that place has gone steadily downhill the last 5-6 years.

It's no exaggeration when I say that the streets are covered with needles and excrement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I hope you were untouched by the fires

Aug 23, 2018, 7:46 PM

At least in SF you’re safer and more distant from that tragedy

Your post about the ever-growing power of the paw has been hijacked into a forum for an anti-CA debate

Whatever

Nice post, @JeffersonStTiger

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Aug 24, 2018, 4:39 PM

Sign up for the Clemson Club there, one of the better cities you can enjoy a game in. Have a small bar they take over and saturdays and it’s an awesome atmosphere.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic