Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The one thing USuC has going for them in the coach search
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The one thing USuC has going for them in the coach search

Nov 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

is....

I got nothing. Absolutely nothing. There's not a single thing they have going for them. Except maybe for the fact that they're willing to pay millions for a middling, proven disappointment of an excuse for a head coach, or for one who is well past his prime and on his way out to pasture - time and time again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one thing USuC has going for them in the coach search

Nov 16, 2020, 8:21 AM

They should have had another coach lined up and announced the fire and the new hire the same day. They instead have fired a coach in a year where most schools are hanging on, and I’m not certain as many coaches think it’s Muschamps fault as much as it is South Carolina is a tough place to win and recruit talent. This I’m afraid, is another of a long list of Follys by Tanner

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:32 AM

I'm not so sure they don't have a coach already lined up.

When they hired Muschamp they were taken totally by surprise. They thought they would have no problem going out, identifying the guy they wanted and then hiring him. Didn't happen that way. None of the guys on their short list wanted the job so they went into "semi-panic" mode and ended up with "the best guy we could find who would take the job."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

When FSU told Jimbo to take a hike (Everybody knew and had known for months he was going to aTm.) they didn't hire a search firm or do any serious vetting. They targeted Taggart and had him in th efold in 48 hours.

We learned, after the fact, that before they fired Taggart, they had already hired a search firm who had started contacting agents and was already vetting candidates. In other words, they did their due diligence BEFORE announcing the firing of Taggart.

Time will tell how SC is handling this coaching change. But, if they go down the same road they went down last time then they are truly led by an incompetent AD, President and Board of Trustees (or whatever they call the group that hires the president.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:37 AM

Brett, please don’t compare those idiots with FSU. They in fact are doing it again and will end up with nothing but egg on their faces!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon man...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:29 AM

they have a lot going for them like...

1 - The most mouthy, ignorant, and deluded fan base in all of sports.

2 - Multiple pre-season national championships

3 - Doo doo ice

4 - A stadium situated in the middle of an industrial wasteland surrounded by drug houses, homeless vagrants, crack hos, and a chocolate spurless rooster.

5 - Hand jobs in the stands

6 - Tailgating sexcapades.

7 - A mascot that looks like a chicken wearing a dress

8 - A history built largely on failure

9 - A large recycled Steve Spurrier banner

10 - The arrogance of Notre Dame with the trophy case of Temple.

What's not to like !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: C'mon man...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:42 AM

TU for #10 - that is funny right there and true!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

You forgot this one...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to C'mon man... ]

A statue of a chicken that's scared and trying to run because something has been shoved up its butt...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

See item No. 4...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:54 AM

a chocolate spurless rooster

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I stand corrected biggie, it was right there and I missed it***

Nov 16, 2020, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: C'mon man...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to C'mon man... ]

+1, especially for #10 on your list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 9:05 AM

There’s a bunch of coaching talent within the Palmetto state. None of it in Columbia, but a bunch nearby.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic