Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What TV news network or news show is the most unbiased?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

What TV news network or news show is the most unbiased?

Jan 14, 2021, 3:14 PM

Where do you get normal fact based news without the drama/opinions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What TV news network or news show is the most unbiased?

Jan 14, 2021, 3:18 PM

I just check out all 3 mainstream networks, but I also read a lot of posts on here with links. I also like Vice. I like watching Frontline on PBS. I watch documentaries. I read random stories on Yahoo at times. Just the basics.

Jan 14, 2021, 8:48 PM

God all mighty. That explains everything. SMH.

Axios, Up First by NPR

Jan 14, 2021, 3:24 PM

Idk

Re: Axios, Up First by NPR

Jan 14, 2021, 3:27 PM

I like NPR as well, but I rarely drive, so I don't listen to it often.

AP, Reuters, NY Times.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:29 PM

For opinion: NY Times op-ed section is excellent although it skews left. There are, however, good Republican and conservative voices in there as well: Ross Douthat, David Brooks, Bret Stephens.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AP, Reuters, NY Times.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:32 PM

I will read NYT front to back when I travel, but only then.

Sorry, I misread. News shows: you mean TV only?

Jan 14, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to AP, Reuters, NY Times. ]

PBS Newshour is decent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, just meant if you had your TV on during the morning

Jan 14, 2021, 3:52 PM

or if you turned it on at 7pm, where would flip to listen to the day's news.

Re: Sorry, I misread. News shows: you mean TV only?

Jan 14, 2021, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Sorry, I misread. News shows: you mean TV only? ]

PBS, NPR, BBC are all usually straight reporting without editorializing.

We could stand to get back to a lot more of that. The difference between those and the partisans views you see on cable news is pretty jarring.

If I'm looking for straight news coverage, then...

Jan 14, 2021, 3:31 PM

I think Special Report with Brett Baier is one of the best. Now, they do have panels too and I think they do a pretty good job of getting folks from different sides of the spectrum to participate.

As noted in another post from this morning. I like Michael Smerconish's show on CNN on sat mornings and his radio show on XM the best as a general content show that is fact-based, has great guests, and has callers that run the complete political spectrum. It is NOT an echo chamber.

After that I'm looking at online sources, typically from major news outlets and doing my own searches to try to prove/disprove other reporting/opinions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I'm looking for straight news coverage, then...

Jan 14, 2021, 6:00 PM

Yeah, I would rather read my news than hear it. Somehow I think it helps me separate fact from opinion.

If we're talking strictly broadcast

Jan 14, 2021, 3:35 PM

NPR. But that's just radio.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I REALLY like Infowars

Jan 14, 2021, 3:35 PM

hard hitting and really a good source for good journalism that is vetted through some of the best editors in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I REALLY like Infowars

Jan 14, 2021, 3:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 14, 2021, 3:39 PM [ in reply to I REALLY like Infowars ]

That was almost as good as of JHop's trolls back in the day.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:57 PM [ in reply to I REALLY like Infowars ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a single televised broadcast? PBS NewsHour

Jan 14, 2021, 3:38 PM

And Morning/Evening Edition on NPR as others have alluded.

20 minutes unti I start my afternoon NPR streaming as a matter of fact

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy Fareed Zakaria's GPS on Sundays.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:48 PM

John King's Inside Politics can be really good (although I rarely watch it since it comes on during my lunch run).

PBS News Hour is good and I'd probably watch more BBC if I thought about it more.

Smerconish is also good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one that doesn't rely on advertising.***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:49 PM

Jan 14, 2021, 3:50 PM

CBS, Newsy, Bloomberg, WSJ - they all still have some biases, but generally fairly straight reporting.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naturalnews.com - It just tells the truth, ya know?

Jan 14, 2021, 3:50 PM

I mean look at todays headline

Situation Update, Jan 14th, 2021 – An astonishing theory: FEMA and the US military will save America at its final hour

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-01-14-situation-update-jan-14th-2021-an-astonishing-theory-fema-and-the-us-military-will-save-america-at-its-final-hour.html

And just 4 days ago, let us all know that well, we're going to be killed.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-01-10-situation-updates-for-jan-10th-genocide-against-conservatives.html

If you're going to spin a yarn, go big!***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:54 PM

Natural News is big with the anti-vaxxers.

Jan 14, 2021, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Naturalnews.com - It just tells the truth, ya know? ]

Seems like that was a gateway conspiracy theory into other, even stupider and more destructive, conspiracy theories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats the biggest question I have: Hanlon's razor.

Jan 14, 2021, 4:13 PM

never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

When did it get easier to believe completely wild, convoluted nonsense than just believing the truth?

I remember in the late 90's listening to Limbaugh a lot, then after a few years thinking.."srsly, dude..noone is going through all these gyrations. It's just not happening just to make someone else look bad."

I have people reporting to me that get paid well, and I can't get them to the easiest stuff thats actually their job, for good money. Who does chit like these conspiracy theories revolve around, for free?

No one, that's who.

not as good as naturaltitties.com***

Jan 14, 2021, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Naturalnews.com - It just tells the truth, ya know? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Naturalnews.com - It just tells the truth, ya know?

Jan 14, 2021, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Naturalnews.com - It just tells the truth, ya know? ]

How is that not sedition?

Telling people they are living behind enemy lines is tantamount to declaring war on the democratically elected government of the United States of America.

Wherever the line on free speech is, telling your readers an administration of center-left Dems are actually genocidal Marxists who are coming to kill you and everyone you love is way over it.

How do we maintain a civilization if people are free to push treasonous stuff like this with absolutely zero evidence?

That stuff is crazy, and it spawns even more crazy.

Spectrum News***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ LOL, thank you!***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:51 PM

If I could have access to only one for non-breaking news

Jan 14, 2021, 4:03 PM

(talk about a term that has lost almost all relevancy over the years) it would be BBC America.

Generally I will scour Drudge, check both CNN and Fox sites for competing takes on coverage, and follow a number of the links Drudge has at the bottom for a variety of other news sources depending on what it is I'm following at the time.

Print is best, though, if you want depth and context on anything, plus the extra processing abilities that medium provides. There's a "medium is the message" element to it all, and which medium you choose (TV, online, social media, radio, print, actual conversations with folks) plays a huge role in what you're taking in, and how your mind is able to process what you're taking in. Social media is the absolute last place I look for any actual news or insights into the world - food and fun only.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No opinions or spin? Good luck!

Jan 14, 2021, 4:18 PM

I don't know if there is any such thing. I get headline news from MSNBC homepage at work, or Yahoo News or SmartNews on my phone. All news outlets reflect the biases of those in charge, even if just reporting "facts", just by which facts the report and which ones they don't and how they report them. For true editorial content I try to get a lot of different perspectives. Then I come here to P&R to find out I had it all wrong anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Local wsbtv news.***

Jan 14, 2021, 5:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 5:58 PM

Caddie,

Attached is a media bias chart. It sets out bias on a left to right scale and accuracy from top to bottom.

It looks like ABC is centered and up high. They have some opinion pieces but they are easy to discern from the news.

I frequent 8 or 10 of those high and in the center portion.

Jan 14, 2021, 6:01 PM

Jan 14, 2021, 6:23 PM

Good grief, no wonder you lefties voted wrong...you've never, apparently, watched the number one cable news network. Well I'll be..that explains a lot. Misinformation/ low information on the left is clearly responsible for where you've put our country! Shame on you.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 8:52 PM

It is very difficult to make it through a MSM broadcast. So biased, such mindless reporting - more questions than answers.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic