Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The one consistent thing about the Ohio State and LSU games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The one consistent thing about the Ohio State and LSU games

Jan 2, 2021, 1:19 AM

is that we lost our leadership on defense for half those games when Skalski was kicked out for targeting. Last year with LSU, I suspect we still would have lost because they were that good of a team but it certainly would have been much closer. With Ohio State tonight, I knew the minute he was tossed that it was game over for us. There was a huge drop off between JS and Jake Veneables and with Veneables out this pushed us way down on the depth chart. It is hard to recover from losing your field general on defense but we've had no other games the last six years other than these two in which we utterly got destroyed on defense. The loss of Skalski was the primary factor IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The two consistent things about the Ohio State and LSU games

Jan 2, 2021, 1:20 AM

I’d love to see how other teams do without their OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That to!***

Jan 2, 2021, 1:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:21 AM

Skalski was a big loss but I think Patterson has a chance to be a baller.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:24 AM

Patterson can play!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one consistent thing about the Ohio State and LSU games

Jan 2, 2021, 1:27 AM

I think one of the biggest things is we still tend to play too conservative on offense at times. Cleary this game was lost because the defense couldn't stop them, but there was a drive in the second half where we where down by 21 and ran the ball 3 straight plays. Running isn't our strong suit this year due to the poor oline play, but Ohio State is still throwing bombs for 60 yards while up huge and we run the ball 3 straight times down 3 tds. There needs to be a lot of self study and re-evaluation of the offensive identify because we just don't seem as aggressive as the other elite teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic