Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question...

Jan 2, 2020, 7:47 PM

He said he chose Georgia partially because they had a good day care for his daughter. Does the university provide day care or do you think he just meant somewhere in town?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question...

Jan 2, 2020, 7:49 PM

I’m sure they have great “employment opportunities”. To help pay for that child.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s UGA - they provide hunting land, day care

Jan 2, 2020, 7:49 PM

Trans Ams- whatever it takes - ;)

Jan 2, 2020, 7:53 PM

I saw that. I wonder if Athens, Georgia will be far too slow for a kid from Las Vegas, Nevada? I know he has a girlfriend and a child; but yikes.
Hope he takes care of his business for his young family sake. Except if he is ever playing for Georgia against Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 8:00 PM

Most people in Vegas dont hangout around the strip that live there. Hevk my grandparents retired there for a bit. Also, Athens has stuff going on.

Jan 2, 2020, 7:56 PM

Aside from him apparently moving his family to Athens...Why? Look at the track record at UGA for TEs since Smart has taken over. He’s essentially going to be a 6th OL...not a very smart move by the kid.

This probably indicates Fromm is returning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Huh? How does this indicate Fromm returning?***

Jan 2, 2020, 8:04 PM

Jan 2, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

Maybe he ends up an OT and makes more money?

I think most colleges have daycare for students...

Jan 2, 2020, 8:13 PM

and for student athletes. I'm sure it's covered under full schollies but substantially discounted for students as well.

Also, married/engaged student athletes with kids get some additional supplements for housing. I don't know if it's in form of additional scholarship help, school assistance or paid from athletic department but I know there is additional assistance. Plus I think the mother can get Food Stamps since the income is minimal typically. That could all change with student athletes getting paid in the future.

Re: I think most colleges have daycare for students...

Jan 2, 2020, 8:28 PM

That's good. That's the way it should be.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:30 PM

Sounds like a good fit for him......if doing less with more suits him because Kirby knows all about that....Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 2, 2020, 8:46 PM

Thought Arik Gilbert was #1 TE?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 8:49 PM

I guess it depends on the source.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:40 PM

I seem to remember at least 1 service had Washington listed as an Athlete. That's one big Athlete.

Jan 3, 2020, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

SocMan2® said:

Thought Arik Gilbert was #1 TE?

Arik Gilbert is the highest rated TE ever on 247. He was even rated higher than OJ Howard out of high school.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:55 PM

It’s a sad day when kids coming out of high school have to worry about daycare. Shows just how far this country has fallen. And most people see nothing wrong with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 9:03 PM

Why do some people think they know what most people think? Just askin.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

I wish these kids would wait a little longer, too.

But it is hardly the downfall of our country.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

It’s a sad day when kids coming out of high school have to worry about daycare. Shows just how far this country has fallen. And most people see nothing wrong with it.

Ok boomer

Jan 2, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

Whereas I fully agree it’s a sad day to see a young man coming out of high school concerned about daycare for his child, I also think it’s shows great character that he IS concerned about the welfare of his child. Many many high schoolers, much less high school males, would not be able to handle the rigors of raising that child. Having a child so early is certainly not responsible, but he seems to be making more responsible decisions given the circumstances he finds himself in.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The number 1 TE chose Georgia. I have a question... ]

My cousin had his first kid at 15, married the girl, graduated high school wile working 3rd shift, and now is a Baptist minister. And that was 30 years ago. It's not about the mistakes we make but how we handle them.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:52 PM

Truth!

My parents started at 15/16 and had their last of three at 20/21. I watched them struggle my entire adolescence. However, we always had our needs met and those two high school drop outs raised three college educated children (Teaching, Marketing, and Engineering). My sisters and I learned a lot about the penalty of not controlling your urges responsibly and none of us repeated it. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that don’t learn that lesson and instead repeat it.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic