Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't we see both sides?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Why can't we see both sides?

Sep 5, 2020, 11:09 PM

It is okay to say people should listen to the police, have sympathy for them and how hard their job is, and think majority black cities should cut down on crime. You can also acknowledging that there is a problem with racism in our country and that black males are pre judge by many including many cops.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't we see both sides?

Sep 5, 2020, 11:17 PM

I have yet to hear anyone involved with the nonpolice side of the issue say you should cooperate and not escalate the situation in an arrest or traffic stop. By nonpolice I am using it as a place holder for those fighting against racism and causing nonpeaceful protest. If they did that I'd feel better about them and their cause. What you seem to see is people who want to cause problems using this issue for cover to justify their unlawful acts in many cases. I'm not ok with that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the riots obscure the message for sure

Sep 5, 2020, 11:25 PM

but the message remains for those that choose to see it.

because we don't have leaders...

Sep 5, 2020, 11:25 PM

on either side who are skilled at bringing people together. Winning the blame game is more important than peace and progress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends

Sep 6, 2020, 7:16 AM

this isn't just "Leadership", this is a matter of the people disagreeing at a fundamental level.

Here's the disagreement:

Left - Black people are treated unequally and in a racist fashion to the point of being held back by society en masse.

Right - Not only do we as a group not feel discriminatory towards Black people, our actions every day generally show this in Governance, Police action, daily work, etc. etc.

So long as the Left hangs into its "victimhood", the same sort of "victimhood" that drove hate in the 1920's German Nazi Party, then this has no good end.

Which quite frankly is fine by me - I'd just as soon they break this country in two and let us Conservatives live in Peace without Liberal arrogance and lies.

Re: I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends

Sep 6, 2020, 7:57 AM

What would the two countries look like geographically?

Sep 6, 2020, 9:56 AM

GvlTgr said:

What would the two countries look like geographically?

I’m Picturing something in my mind a vision of some Great Wall?

Sep 6, 2020, 9:59 AM

Lol, more like East and West Berlin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends ]

This is a fundamentally un-American post and would set the growth of our country back 150 years.

A pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands has brought us apart in so many ways. Groups of people that pull together through adversity do not have a start until the voice of a leader unites everyone under a common goal.

You have no idea what it is like to be a black person, which is fine, but your obvious disregard for even wanting to understand is the root of this entire problem. Your narrative is outright disgusting and I am appalled at the chance to even sit beside you at a stoplight.

The looters are bad people. The racists, like you, are bad people. I will even say even some of the victims of the police violence were bad people. It’s understandable to me. I believe that people are inherently bad, as it is obvious our first instinct is to satisfy ourselves. We are selfish. It takes good parents, good teachers, good support systems, good leadership to bring out the good in someone. Who is doing that for this country right now? Why is every “leader” and news outlet almost extreme one way or another? Who will step up? Obviously not you.

The OP is 100% right. Leadership is the first step towards uniting our country.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends ]

This is a fundamentally un-American post and would set the growth of our country back 150 years.

A pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands has brought us apart in so many ways. Groups of people that pull together through adversity do not have a start until the voice of a leader unites everyone under a common goal.

You have no idea what it is like to be a black person, which is fine, but your obvious disregard for even wanting to understand is the root of this entire problem. Your narrative is outright disgusting and I am appalled at the chance to even sit beside you at a stoplight.

The looters are bad people. The racists, like you, are bad people. I will even say even some of the victims of the police violence were bad people. It’s understandable to me. I believe that people are inherently bad, as it is obvious our first instinct is to satisfy ourselves. We are selfish. It takes good parents, good teachers, good support systems, good leadership to bring out the good in someone. Who is doing that for this country right now? Why is every “leader” and news outlet almost extreme one way or another? Who will step up? Obviously not you.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:50 AM

Are you related to Al Sharpton?

If so, tell him We said Hi

Sep 6, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends ]

Almost gave you a TU.
Last paragraph was a little too much, though I'm quite sure you didn't mean it.
100% on everything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Mountaineer's scok.***

Sep 7, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to I absolutely disagree Franc - the People are at polar ends ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: because we don't have leaders...

Sep 6, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to because we don't have leaders... ]

"Winning the blame game....
A problem throughout the history of mankind. (Marriage, politics, friendships, etc. etc.)

Sep 5, 2020, 11:34 PM

I will admit to a problem in another man’s career when I have don’t do it myself. About 98% of the people on this site don’t have the nuts to be a police officer. Seeing the sh*t they see with your life possibly ending in a instant.

Is there racism in America? You bet...Are officers gunning down blacks in the street for sport? No...they aren’t...The stats don’t match it...No cop wakes up and says...”I think I’ll kill someone today!”...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Check it out yourself but Cops kill only about 40-50 unarmed men a year..

Sep 6, 2020, 12:47 AM

and more are white while Black & Latinos are about even in numbers killed..like 9-12 each..

but the % of Blacks killed each year is high as opposed to their overall % of the population.

Another fact to consider is that Blacks do cause more % of violence and/or crimes than the general population.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The notion that black men should fear for their lives from

Sep 6, 2020, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why can't we see both sides? ]

the cops is laughable. Cops are not out gunning for black men - it's a huge lie - people need to stop acting like it's a problem, and stop acting as if a few examples played up in the media make it so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The notion that black men should fear for their lives from

Sep 6, 2020, 1:14 AM

If the over 600,000 police in America are "gunning for black men," then they certainly aren't very good at it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Sep 6, 2020, 6:40 AM

Not sure why anyone would thumb down BengalBilly's post other than they don't want to deal with facts.

If everybody simply went by the truth, straight

Sep 6, 2020, 7:19 AM

factual and statistical arguments, there would be no "movement".
One side simply has an emotional position with ZERO facts based in reality. As a matter of fact, the stats are swept under the table and replaced with platitudes.
If the real problems were being addressed, all this Sports wokeness would disappear.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Right - it's a huge lie.***

Sep 6, 2020, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: The notion that black men should fear for their lives from ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 6, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: The notion that black men should fear for their lives from ]

Yet on the same website is states blacks 2.5 more likely to be killed by police than whites.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872/map-of-police-violence-against-black-americans/

Black Americans 2.5X More Likely Than Whites to Be Killed By Police
by
Willem Roper,

Jun 2, 2020
Protests around the United States are boiling over after Minneapolis man George Floyd was killed by police. Floyd, accused of using a counterfeit $20 bill, had his neck compressed by an officer’s knee while in handcuffs for roughly nine minutes before later dying. Other recent instances of racism against African Americans in the country have led to massive protests against police brutality and systemic, institutional racism that many feel have gone unchecked for decades.

In 2019 data of all police killings in the country compiled by Mapping Police Violence, black Americans were nearly three times more likely to die from police than white Americans. Other statistics showed that black Americans were nearly one-and-a-half times more likely to be unarmed before their death.

Most states’ police forces killed black people at a higher rate per capita than white people, with Illinois, New York and Washington D.C. carrying some of the largest discrepancies by state. D.C., with a black population of nearly 50 percent, had 88 percent of all police killings be against black Americans – a discrepancy of over 38 percentage points. Rhode Island had the largest discrepancy of 44 points, albeit with a much smaller sample size of four police killings in 2019 – two of them being African American.

While much of the western states have smaller discrepancies overall than eastern ones, large cities like Reno, Oklahoma City and Anaheim all had higher police killing rates of black people than the total U.S. murder rate. Others above the U.S. murder rate were St. Louis, Madison, Wis., Scottsdale, Ariz. and two others.

Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them.

Let's address that. First off, black men commit a

Sep 6, 2020, 11:31 AM

disproportionate rate of violent crimes, so it only stands to reason that they would be more likely than whites to be killed by police. The point remains, however, if racism is the reason for black men being killed by police, what is the reason for even more white men being killed by police? We can't just assume racism here, the facts don't support it; but that's exactly what we do.

- H. L. Mencken

THIS is the correct interpretation - Black supporters

Sep 7, 2020, 2:21 AM

evidence their disingenuousness when they incorrectly apply this stat. They aren't here to take appropriate blame and corrective action to improve things - they're here to place blame on someone else like Police.

The likelihood of someone being shot is not based on what percentage of the population they represent, it's relative the the frequency that they put themselves at risk. Hence NFL QB's don't have contracts that stop them from doing "black" things, but they do have contracts that stop them from engaging in risky behavior like sky-diving.

When Blacks are involved in a large % of shootings and violent crimes, then it stands to reason they are disproportionally likely to be shot while doing so.

The Mods should throw this person AND everyone else off the site who intentionally misrepresents this stat. It is tantamount to being Racist and making explicitly Racist comments in and of itself. You can not have a productive societal discussion for improving things if one or the other side (or both) are intentionally shifting blame.

People might call me out because they think I'm being "divisive" or "aggressive", but at least I don't lie and at least I'm not Racist in the vein.

Sep 7, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to The notion that black men should fear for their lives from ]

Agree, even Biden is reciting the new systemic racism pledge.

So stupid...NOTHING will change for the blacks in the 'hood in the next decade or more with democrats in control. Democrats will continue giving them fish instead of teaching them to fish. Dems will continue to writhe in public over the black living conditions, while at the same time sleeping in their gated 8,000 sq ft mansion with guards and $10,000 fridge for their ice cream.

Statues coming down, BLM painted everywhere, all republicans believed to be racists, and all libs woke to the issues, but the bottom line is the criminals in the poverty-stricken neighborhoods will still be there, still selling drugs, still getting shot by cops, still wreaking havoc in their community. Reduce sentences - great idea. Put these dudes back in the 'hood. No jail time for shop lifting. Good idea - now all local businesses can close so no blacks can have legit jobs. But, they can always sell drugs...which is what they will do.

What a joke of a situation...

You woke white people are pathetic.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Why can't we see both sides? ]

No one said for sport. Your hyperbole diminishes your argument.

OP asked "Why can't WE see both sides?" but this post started non-objectively and with its own bias.

Why can't conservatives and WhiteWingers admit that the Police should improve and get better?

"Police violence is a leading cause of death for young men in the United States. Over the life course, about 1 in every 1,000 black men can expect to be killed by police. Risk of being killed by police peaks between the ages of 20 y and 35 y for men and women and for all racial and ethnic groups. Black women and men and American Indian and Alaska Native women and men are significantly more likely than white women and men to be killed by police. Latino men are also more likely to be killed by police than are white men."
https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Police jobs are dangerous. Listed 18th most dangerous by and in Bureau of Labor Statistics’ annual National Census Of Fatal Occupational Injuries report. #1 most dangerous Fishing industry, #2 Loggers, #3 Aircraft pilots and flight engineers, #4 Roofers #5 Refuse and recyclable collectors, ...

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

We should always want police to be better. The truth is,

Sep 6, 2020, 9:23 AM

however, black people are virtually slaughtering each other compared to being killed by police. 2,600 black people killed by other blacks in 2018 (FBI Homocide Data Tables 2018) while police killed an estimated 25 black men in 2019 (Mapping Police Violence). If black lives taken by police matter more than black lives taken by other black people, then we are on the right path with the BLM movement. If not, we are on the wrong path, and it's all ########. That's not hyperbole - it's all facts.

- H. L. Mencken

Anything that casts police in a positive or sympathetic

Sep 6, 2020, 12:47 AM

light or suggests that African-Americans are in some ways respnsible for the problems that plague their own community is simply not going to be tolerated in the current environment, no matter how truthful or how helpful. What is happening now has nothing to do with solving anything and everything to do with blaming and political posturing.

- H. L. Mencken

You are correct... Everytime I hear these sports comments

Sep 6, 2020, 5:20 AM

Regarding BLM and how we have a problem in this country and how this generation is doing something courageous about systemic racism in this country, I keep asking the same questions. Exactly where is this systemic Racism? What specific problems are they referring to?

See, the reality is we are not living in the 1960s anymore. That generation really did something to move the needle to address racism. Is it completely eradicated in this country? No. But it is nothing like it was back then. As long as you have humans, you will have bigots, racists and prejudiced people. The best a society can ever do is make laws that treat everyone equally and address structural, institutionalized racism. We have done and continue to do that.

Anyone who thinks the issue is with the police departments needs to get their facts straight. The data doesn’t back that assertion.

Are there cases of a cop killing an unarmed black person in what appears to be an unjustified Act? Yes. But is it rampant? No, it is rare. Is it always unjustified once all the facts are in? No, sometimes it is justified. Do cops kill unarmed white men too? Yep and more often than unarmed black men. Again, this is rare, but it’s far less about race than anything else.

The agenda here is not systemic racism. It s red herring excuse/issue being used (inflamed) to drive a completely other political agenda amd create division, hate and violence to tear apart the country. There are folks who are behind this, mostly far left fascists who want nothing more than to get the power to tell each and everyone of us what we can and cannot say, do or think. Period.

If you do not allow these fascists to dictate things, then they will scream racism and fascism until they get their way, even when neither could be further from the truth. And these stupid, white elitists buy the lie and trip all over themselves trying to virtue signal so hard on the topic of racism that it makes me sick to my stomach.

The best thing anyone can do at this point to truly make a meaningful impact on any systemic racism that may still exist is re-elect Trump. He is the change we all have been waiting for. He is the outsider willing to take on the establishment.

His admin took on criminal justice reform. They want to take it even further. Dem admins never did it. GOP establishment admin’s never did it. Trump did it!

You want real action to clean up blue run inner cities and actually help black people, look no further than Trump and throwing the blue lefties out of power. This BLM/Antifa crap is not the answer and anyone who can see past their inane white guilt ridden psychosis knows this. Even Kanye sees it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!***

Sep 6, 2020, 7:11 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 6, 2020, 5:44 AM

Because that is much to simple and much to
Easy to solve our problems by communication. Some People would rather burn stuff down, riot and cause divisiveness between the races.

Plus Jesse Jackson and divisive people like Al Sharpton have to have tension going on between other races and white people so they can get paid for appearing on all of the liberal new programs.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"black males are pre judged by many including many cops"

Sep 6, 2020, 7:19 AM

Do you understand how predisposed THAT statement is? how you've simply "voted" for every one else as to how they feel?

This is the problem of the LEFT: you say, "everybody else is racist", and you expect us to simply accept it even as it is not generally true. The fact that you're getting push back is saying, "it's not true".

Here is who is pre judged:

Sep 6, 2020, 8:21 AM

A black(or white), young(or old), man(or woman) who is out at 2:00 am, acting erratic in an area known for high crime activity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: "black males are pre judged by many including many cops"

Sep 6, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to "black males are pre judged by many including many cops" ]

If you do not believe that to be true you are blind to it.

Re: "black males are pre judged by many including many cops"

Sep 6, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to "black males are pre judged by many including many cops" ]

I don’t know how old you are but I grew up with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton screaming racism while they rose to public prominence on the backs of black communities. They would start racial issues because the more decisive the races the more money their organizations raked in. I grow up in the same town as Jesse Jackson. JJ was seen as an opportunist by both black and white people. Overall black and white people got along really well.

It depends on the cop but many of those same racist cops are jerks in general whenever they are doing their job regardless of color.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 8:23 AM

This is the most diverse country in the world.

Why is it that some blacks feel like they're being targeted by cops, many of whom are also black, in cities run buy black police chiefs, mayors and other elected leaders?

I have a lot of black friends and they don't get into these kinds of problems. One of my roommates at Clemson was black, and he didn't get into these kinds of problems. He's successful and he's a good man.

I think many of these incidents stem from the lack of respect of the police and their authority.

Is there racism? There is, but unfortunately I think there's racism all over the world. I've seen it.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:28 AM

No one is saying racism is OK, however the definition has been redefined. Institutionalized racism has taken its place. The term refers to different outcomes along racial lines and says that every problem within a nonwhite community is due to subconscious racism. This is intellectually dishonest on its face , and I just can’t get on board with it. I acknowledge that there are a lot of people that ‘feel’ one way or another and we can certainly hear those feelings, however those feelings are largely based on lies and political shenanigans concocted to gin up support/ create dependence. This lie is really the true atrocity taking place. The impact of this victimhood mentality and ignoring any an all other factors including personal responsibility is doing untold damage to young minds and the ultimate odds of them living a fulfilled life in this world.

Because it is no longer about Black Lives...

Sep 6, 2020, 8:28 AM

The issue has been hijacked by the left wing #mobforhire Marxists/Socialists who want to overthrow the Constitution and establish a Communist authoritarian regime in America.

It will fail...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because it is no longer about Black Lives...

Sep 6, 2020, 9:36 AM

This is truth.

EXACTLY!***

Sep 6, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Because it is no longer about Black Lives... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bored, moran...***

Sep 6, 2020, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong bored, moran...***

Sep 6, 2020, 10:55 AM

Yet here you are responding to it. Sports and racism go together right now in case you didn't notice.

Um, that's what yer 'sposed to do when....

Sep 7, 2020, 7:05 PM

...it's on the wrong bored.

Moran.

Sep 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

It is okay to say people should listen to the police, have sympathy for them and how hard their job is, and think majority black cities should cut down on crime. You can also acknowledging that there is a problem with racism in our country and that black males are pre judge by many including many cops.

Why can't we see both sides?? Because "racism" and "civil rights" have absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in the streets right now. What you are witnessing is a Marxist insurrection that is using "racism" as their main vehicle for sewing division among the masses instead of their classic vehicle of proletariat vs. bourgeoisie.

If you believe in a free capitalist society you will find it is impossible to have a productive discussion with a Marxist as you cannot reason with them. This is largely due to the fact that Marxism is not based on reason, logic, or love of mankind. Instead Marxism and their adherents are driven by the two worst emotional traits of human nature; hate and envy. They hate anyone who does not buy into their belief system and there is no tolerance for those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. That is why Marxist based societies always end up with totalitarian regimes where massive human suffering, misery and death are the only things you will find in abundance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 8:20 PM

Your post has been the most accurate ost and is spot on about what our problems are. I have tried to post we are slowly allowing maxim and Nazi tactics into our society. I have been called crazy, a conspiracy theorist, nutts, among other names because of my take on the current politics going on in this country. Finally people are starting to open their eyes.

One of the first actions Marxist / Communist do is tear down monuments. The Mayor of DC want to move or destroy the Washington monument and the Lincoln memorial as well rename schools, federal buildings and parks. The they try to erase or rewrite history.

They never count on people fighting back. This is why it is so important to place conservative’s and Christian politician’s into office.

Nancy Polesi and Chuck Schumer are selling us out. BLM they truly do but so do all lives.

Blexit is a great black conservative organization that gets it. They see what democrats have been doing for years.

IMO this is the most important historical election in my 60 years. We can send the liberals a message to shove their socialist ideas and policies are not what America wants.

May God Bless the United States!????????????

Why do we have to even entertain both sides when...

Sep 6, 2020, 3:59 PM

we can wait for all the facts and form our opinion in the light of day rather than the darkness of ignorance?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do we have to even entertain both sides when...

Sep 6, 2020, 7:12 PM

I'm not talking about that single incident. I'm talking about black people being scared for their lives and cops being scared for theirs basically.

I'm not either.

Sep 6, 2020, 7:33 PM

All the stories of deaths by cops bring riots before all the facts are known.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not either.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:11 PM

True that. I dont agree with the riots but I do believe many young black men are scared and rightfully so.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:41 PM

Wouldn’t argue that there are many young blacks are that are scared. The disagreement comes in ‘rightfully so’. There is simply no statistcal evidence to validate such fears. Feeling does not make it reality. The shame is on those with an ulterior motive that have been convincing people that they should be afraid. Because this propaganda has been so successful, it will likely and unfortunately end in black communities being less safe as police are either ordered to abandon or choose to avoid policing black communities. Less policing will equal more crime in these communities, more crime will claim more black lives. It saddens me that people can’t see this obvious outcome.

You can watch the preview of what is going to happen.

Sep 7, 2020, 6:53 AM

Check the rise in numbers of shootings and increase of murders in cities which have ordered cops to stand down. About 25 cities have reduced police budgets already which in itself isn't so bad but coupled with the massive numbers of early retirements taking so many years of experience will not work out to benefit the police forces or the public they serve and protect.

Sep 7, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not either. ]

Well black males make up 35% of juvy while only 15% of the population. Of course some of that has to do with the fact that a large portion grow up around crime or in an unstable family. White people have had 400 years of freedom to build their families up in America while black people haven't even been on equal rights for 100 years. That doesn't give them an excuse to commit crimes though but it doesn't give them a stable background of family that has established themselves for generations. Having majority black communities have such high crime rates does not help the pre judging though. Of course a cop would most likely be more on edge if they pull a black guy over in the hood than a white guy in a nice neighborhood. The way they look/dress plays a factor tho imo. It just isn't fair for a good black kid in this world is all. Of course the world isnt always fair for anybody. It is a hard thing to look at and understand for anybody. You just cannot say weather or not they should feel scared unless you are them. Many say they feel scared so I take their word on it when it comes from people who seem like they are high character.

How so?

Sep 7, 2020, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not either. ]

If it's rightly so, then how?

Sep 7, 2020, 8:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apbeIu-xsac

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic