Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The loser tonight was not Deshaun Watson, but the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The loser tonight was not Deshaun Watson, but the Heisman

Dec 10, 2016, 10:59 PM

award itself. When I saw Johnny Football on that stage looking like a used up heroine addict, I thought, Deshaun could really infuse this trophy with some real meaning. He is such a great ambassador for his high school, for Clemson, and most likely for the NFL in the near future. He could have been a great example of what the Heisman use to stand for. Deshaun was what he is when he left Gainsville. He will still be what he is when he leaves Clemson. And what he is a terrific leader, teammate, and young man. He and his family should be very proud, as are all of us, his Clemson family.

I guess he will just have to settle for having his name in the Ring of Honor one day indside of Memorial Stadium.

Sincerely,

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The loser tonight was not Deshaun Watson, but the Heisman

Dec 10, 2016, 10:59 PM

Agree

Why is Heisman voting open practically all season long?

Dec 10, 2016, 11:26 PM

"Welp I've seen him play one quarter of one game, I've made up my mind!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This is what I'm talking about...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:39 PM

After CJ's snub the first Clemson round fit the Heisman, I really lost respect for the process. Then watching DW4 lose it last year it became pretty clear to me this trophy had lost it's heritage. After watching the anointing of the "best player to ever say foot on the field" in September, it was clear what was going to happen.

I wished for DW4, his mom, and his aunt that he didn't have to sit there and let the trash voters for the Heisman humiliate him with that moron Jackson making a complete mockery of the award.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: This is what I'm talking about...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:46 PM

Truth there. I quit watching ceremony when CJ was not invited. DW4 should have won last year with no disrespect to Henry. DW4 will be sorely missed. What a special special young man and he played for US!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2016, 11:54 PM

The Clemson Ring of Honor means more than the Heisman. It is a true testament of accomplishment; above and beyond, not some popularity rhetoric scam.

The Heisman means absolutely nothing in my book, at this point. Maybe it was always a garbage award in my lifetime, I was just too young to realize it back when I was younger.

I believe it was most legit in the NCAA video game made by EA Sports; that is it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sums it up perfectly***

Dec 10, 2016, 11:54 PM

Dec 11, 2016, 12:21 AM

+1 Very well said. DW4, you ARE a winner and will ALWAYS be a winner, both on and off the field whether you have the Heisman or not. I sincerely appreciate the person and player that you are and that you chose Clemson. Go out and win the natty!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 6:53 AM

Agreed. Looking at DW and what I've seen of him makes me confident to say that years down the road, he's the least likely player to star in any sports network's tragic tale of "Where Are They Now?" or "Whatever Happened To..."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 6:14 AM

Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic