Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The eye test is code word for SEC bias. Don’t fall for it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The eye test is code word for SEC bias. Don’t fall for it.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:06 PM

It makes it easy for media narratives to distort reality. Focus on resume. Focus on the RESULTS of actual games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is a result just a W or an L or is it the actual score?***

Nov 10, 2019, 2:11 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

80% W or loss 20% Game control***

Nov 10, 2019, 4:05 PM

Re: The eye test is code word for SEC bias. Don’t fall for it.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:12 PM

Exactly!
Did LSU pass the eye test when they played Auburn?
Auburn is playing tough hard nosed defense this season; but Malzahn's offense has been hacked and caught on to and he won't change. If Auburn had an offense to compliment their defense they would pass the eye test much more so than LSU or Bama.

Seems I know another team not real more than 8 hours from Auburn that does play complimentary football! Hmmmm.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep if we went by eye test uga would have gotten

Nov 10, 2019, 2:13 PM

in over oklahoma last year and oklahoma would have mopped the floor with them

Re: yep if we went by eye test uga would have gotten

Nov 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

They are punishing Clemson for a 1 point win but Georgia's loss to a sorry team is overlooked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep if we went by eye test uga would have gotten

Nov 10, 2019, 7:52 PM

And losing to a team that lost to the team that Clemson beat by 1 point by the way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:18 PM

Yep, I keep hearing about how Bama is done, but I think with that loss they are even more guaranteed a slot. LSU beats UGA and the committee is going to have to find someone to fill that last slot - no chance they leave them out. Saban is probably on the phone right now campaigning. They get in over any other one loss team - this is their MO. Rest during the conference championship week, sit back and let the pundits talk about eye tests and how they're the most deserving. Done deal.

Last time they had the benefit of two-loss conference champs

Nov 10, 2019, 4:10 PM

that might not be the case this time around.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last time they had the benefit of two-loss conference champs

Nov 10, 2019, 8:37 PM

No, but I can see it playing out with an undefeated us, LSU and Ohio State. Those three are all in. Then, let's say you have a one loss Baylor, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Penn St, Alabama.. That's a very realistic ending and one where I can't see them picking anyone else over Bama.

I wish it wasn't so, but we've all seen it too many times. And they come in as the only team that has benefited from the luxury of not having to play a CG and getting what basically equates to a first round bye.

One-loss OU with a Big XII championship is in over Bama.***

Nov 11, 2019, 1:48 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One-loss OU with a Big XII championship is in over Bama.***

Nov 11, 2019, 4:29 AM

I agree, I think it’s going to be
LSU
Ohio
Clemson
OU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "eye test" got beat 44-16 last year. Should be buried.***

Nov 10, 2019, 5:34 PM

Re: The "eye test" got beat 44-16 last year. Should be buried.***

Nov 10, 2019, 7:23 PM

Imagine for the moment if we had lost by 4 touchdowns in the Champ game. Bamer plays a schedule to date that is worse than ours. Imagine further our D was getting torched like theirs by the likes of chicken####s and old Mrs, not to mention having LSwho drop 46 on us at home. Would we even be talked about being in the top 10, much less conjuring a reason we should be in the top 4 despite losing our conference championship? It is all absolute BS. And it is guaranteed they are not through screwing us over.

Re: The "eye test" got beat 44-16 last year. Should be buried.***

Nov 10, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to The "eye test" got beat 44-16 last year. Should be buried.*** ]

And, I might add, many a people still have not learned from it it seems. Many a poster on here who have bought into the SEC kool aid. The SEC is one team winning championships! The narrative was changed years ago if Saban, Meyer or Spurrier's teams had close games in the SEC. "This is a tough league, and it's hard to win"! But, what if they are just overrated? Their lack of bowl dominance suggest that's the case. You can't go by who gets ranked b/c by having pre-season rankings they all seemingly get ranked then play each other. So, you really never really know truly how good an SEC team is. As they don't make a habit of playing good P5 teams OOC. They will and have but often it's on a neutral field. And it's not that regular!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 3:55 AM

I hate to say it, but we really need to score early and often the whole game against SC. Ga lost to them and are ranked right behind us. I am sure they will spin it a different way, but leave no doubt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 4:50 AM

There is a bias, because the SEC has the best teams. There is also the eye test. There is both. Its all pretty straightforward.

Bias implies that despite not knowing reality the SEC gets favored.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:18 AM

We don't know that the SEC has the best teams. That is an assumption. The SEC has more teams considered among the best early in the season. But that is not a good thing to go by, ESPECIALLY, if wins and losses are made secondary.

There is no evidence other than the actual games who the best teams are. Right now, there are 5 teams that may be the best, and 125(ish) that are definitely not.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic