Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The coots are acting like they have brought players in that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The coots are acting like they have brought players in that

Dec 19, 2019, 11:13 AM

recruiting class that will make them king of the SEC and king of the state of SC. If I am not mistaken the 1 5 star commit and then 1 they signed grew up coot fans and they still sucked. They think they out recruited us for Burch. So far he has not signed his LOI.

They are trolling our boards posting about the so called negative post about Burch committing to the coots. They have stated that Dabo and his coaches are getting a bad reputation in the state of SC and that the last 2 5 star recruits have gone to SC because of Clemson’s bad reputation. Now they suddenly think Boom can coach indicating he is a master recruiter. I would almost bet the coots will expect to win 10 games next year.

I could care less about their delusions about their future, but when put out false information and rumors that really makes it easy to rub their noses in the BS they spread.

Coots unless you have noticed we recruit nationally. We don’t just in our on back yard. We also recruit at a much higher level a level that you will never know at the dumpster aka WB!

Some samples from FGF. I go over there occasionally for humorous entertainment.

See attached:

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots are acting like they have brought players in that

Dec 19, 2019, 12:10 PM

As a women's basketball school, I am sure it is tough for them to understand that Clemson football is great due to the sum of its parts rather than being dependent on one individual person or player. When Chad Morris left for SMU, Scar fans everywhere predicated the 'end is near, how will their offense survive?' And now with every high profile recurring battle we loose, whether to Ole Miss, Michigan, Oregon, or Scar 'the end is near, they have burned too many bridges, how will they survive?' And then when Deshaun Watson left, we could forgive them for truly thinking it was the end, but it wasn't, none of it was. The Oculus has stood through it all, and every hope they cling to, every prophecy they predict has ended without as much as a stumble, and Dabo Swinney and this Clemson program keep climbing up that mountain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 1:50 PM

The high school coaches in South Carolina are not stupid. They realize Clemson is going after the best players in the country who meet the standards set forth by Dabo and staff. Doty is a good QB and would have come to Clemson if offered. There is no way a coach will opt to sign a good instate QB over the number one QB in all the US. The instate high school coaches realize this and, unless they have a definite bias, do not fault Dabo for his decision. Too many people, like the one on the FGF board, ignore facts.

I recently read a comment by a poster on FGF that 90% of the people in the US do not know where Clemson is located but, I would venture to say, 90% of the people in the US know about Clemson. And that is the most important thing. Just imagine the free publicity we have gained by being in the final four for five years and the national champion for the last two out of three. FGF and the other Gamecock sites should utilize green ink to print the comments of their posters because their comments are filled with envy.

Dizzy Dean, the famous major league pitcher from a bygone era, made a comment that applies to our boasting about our successful football program, "if it's the truth, it ain't bragging".

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 3:59 AM

Very true Joe. Another thing, the HS players in the USA now have grown up watching Clemson do great for the last 5 years. When they were in middle school we were already doing great. If it weren't for onside kick we would have won the last 3 national titles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 8:40 AM

The USA? Our reach has extended that Carlsbad , we hitting Canada too :)..

Dec 24, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The coots are acting like they have brought players in that ]

If it weren’t for the onsides kick we could have won 2015, 16’, and 18’. We would have won 3 out of 4. The only way we win 2017 is if Watson would have come back his senior year. Kelly Bryant did great during the regular season, but he could not beat Alabama. They loaded the box and dared us to throw against them and every pass play was slow developing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So are you taking Trevor Lawerence or Dakeryon Joyner for QB?

Dec 23, 2019, 4:05 PM

I mean it is what it is. We can’t take but so many.

"I work for a school district and I talk to a lot of"...

Dec 24, 2019, 8:07 AM

..."coaches all the time"...

LOL. What a loser. I'll bet he's a janitor at his local elementary school. No disrespect intended to janitors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real problem for S. Carolina

Dec 24, 2019, 8:35 AM

Is that they can’t consistently out recruit FIVE teams they play every year. And they’ll typically play at least one more crossover team that has recruited better. This means that for the most part they are going to be a six win team each year.

Fans think their stellar top twenty recruiting will get them in the top twenty by seasons end, but top twenty and five star recruits are getting hammered on the recruiting trail by five other teams getting better players each and every year.

The only way to break through is coaching up, winning games you shouldn’t, and then out recruiting the others on a steady annual basis. They can argue they did that against Georgia this year, but then there’s the glaring reality of those other three losses. S. Carolina has consistently recruited much higher than App and Mizzou. They’ve also done a little better than N. Carolina most years. This shows they are doing worse than their recruiting level - actually being coached down.

I think it’s great our competitors are getting better as they were abysmal this year. So from their perspective they got two huge wins with five stars and a highly rated class. But then they look up at little ole Clemson to see the light is even brighter with nearly three times the number of five stars and a number one class. And oh by the way, those same five teams are rated higher AGAIN.

How will they ever achieve better than 6 - 6 with that coaching staff?

Coots can continue to get the best players in SC.

Dec 24, 2019, 8:37 AM

We'll take the best players in the US (and Canada). Watch the talent gap continue to widen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 24, 2019, 10:48 AM

A coot told me the other day Clemson's recruiting class may take a hit if some of the signees don't qualify. I told him Clemson no longer signs players if there's a reasonable chance they're not going to qualify.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic