Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the SC LDR vacation destinations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

What are the SC LDR vacation destinations

May 26, 2020, 1:13 PM

If you don't mind me asking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anywhere with a pallet deck seems to be high up there***

May 26, 2020, 1:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Daufuskie Island

May 26, 2020, 1:16 PM

Having to take a boat to the island keeps the riff raff out. Unless they float over on a pallet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

The cool people in Greenville always like to get together

May 26, 2020, 1:17 PM

with a bunch of other families that generally hate each other and go to Litchfield for a week long trip filled with misery and drama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I've ever heard of Litchfield? Maybe for a

May 26, 2020, 1:22 PM

reason. We've gone to Fripp the last couple of times with kids.

If you're just going for the beach, it's better to go to

May 26, 2020, 1:28 PM

Florida. A lot cheaper and nicer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much what we did growing up

May 26, 2020, 1:33 PM

probably did 8 Florida vacations before college.

I like Litchfield but it’s more MCL

May 26, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to The cool people in Greenville always like to get together ]

Middle class leveraged.

The true LDR’s who enjoy that stretch of coast have beachfront on Pawleys with a creek dock on the backside of the house, or just hop a little further to Debordieu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The crowd I'm talking about would sell one of their children

May 26, 2020, 3:09 PM

if they thought it would elevate their perceived social status.

Dude who parked beside me was from greenville

May 26, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to The cool people in Greenville always like to get together ]

said his company came into my small town to help another company.

I guess he was expecting a Thank you?

He drove a suberu so #### him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: The cool people in Greenville always like to get together

May 26, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to The cool people in Greenville always like to get together ]

Thats spot on. Know some of those “cool “couples. Generally about 5 couples go - usually Litchfield. Sounds like agony to me. But they seem to love it, or at least pretend to

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

No doubt if you go to PI you will see someone you know

May 27, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to The cool people in Greenville always like to get together ]

if you are a Gvlian.

Debbiedo is a great spot in the PI area if you want the real LDR experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Charleston and stay at the Marriot in West Ashley

May 26, 2020, 1:17 PM

Ride a carriage tour. Keep interrupting the tour guide and making dumb jokes that no one laughs at and don't tip the driver. Also, allow your banshee offspring to verbally and physically abuse the horses

Have lunch at Wild Wing Cafe and eat dinner at Hymans or the Noisy Oyster

Stop at the Moon Pie store for a taste of Charleston tradition.

Buy a chinese-made wicker basket for $90 and get some crappy t-shirts at the "slave market". Act disappointed when there are no slaves actually for sale.

Run around all the graveyards. Make sure you allow said banshee offspring to climb all the over the gravestones some of history's most influential people.

what is SC LDR***

May 26, 2020, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina LDR***

May 26, 2020, 1:19 PM

South Carolina Lave Datthews Rand***

May 26, 2020, 1:31 PM

South Carolina Legistlative

May 26, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to what is SC LDR*** ]

DEEZNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayraymclouddropspunts

SC train museum in Winnsboro. Great for train rides with

May 26, 2020, 1:20 PM

Santa at Christmas time. Caesars Head. Camping on the Chattooga. Angel Oak on John's Island. Carowinds. Sease Farm strawberry picking. The Big Mo on Monetta. Edisto Gardens. Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia. Also Ed Venture and the SC State Museum in Columbia. Just some LDP destinations that are not too bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait...sry. That's UDP destinations. LDR would be

May 26, 2020, 1:22 PM

The Sanctuary at Kiawah. Some places in downtown Charleston are as well. Clemson football games where you tailgate in an assigned space and sit in the lower deck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I didn't know what you were doing there...but you resp

May 26, 2020, 1:23 PM

onded so I tu'd.

Sanctuary at Kiawah is prolly the best hotel I've stayed in

May 26, 2020, 1:27 PM

in SC anyway. And it's Kiawah, so you have alligators, deer everywhere, lots of rich yankees on bikes, overpriced trinket shops, and sing rays. DON'T FORGET THE STING RAYS. Best chance for a close encounter is in August. Nothing like getting a 8-inch barb shoved straight through your heel between the Achilles tendon and your heel bone. And the venom is teh awesome as well. Makes it hurt a LOT less. Plus you go right by the Angel Oak driving down there, so you can still get your UDP on. ANd golfing is great on Kiawah, so I've heard. And they have two water parks for the kids.

I like taking a liesurely stroll in Dentsville around 10 pm

May 26, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to SC train museum in Winnsboro. Great for train rides with ]

It's kinda of like a bizzarro hunting trip. Really gets the adrenaline flowing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It used to be the 2nd or 3rd house in the Abacos, until

May 26, 2020, 1:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going off of my families' spots

May 26, 2020, 1:28 PM

I'd go w/ Wild Dunes (ohIOP) or Sea Pines (oHHIo) for beach and Cashiers / Highlands for "mountains"

...if your question was specifically around beaches in SC, that is.

St. Simons/Sea Island, GA is where it's at though if you're LDR... +/- 5.5 hrs from Greenville. I haven't been back since I graduated HS though, so maybe it too is overwhelmed with cargo shorts, v-necks, and bengal flatbill hats, but I doubt it

Reynolds Plantation is pretty tight too

We went to Jekyll about 3 yrs ago

May 26, 2020, 1:35 PM

not bad

jekyll is good

May 26, 2020, 1:36 PM

for beaches, average-ish for golf. few good marinas on the intercoastal.

SSI >>> Jekyll IMO but I'm a little biased of my hometown

Sea Island for sure. If I knew then what I know now...

May 26, 2020, 2:24 PM

I would've spent my college summers at places like Sea Island or Cashiers in search of the perfect wife. Father with a winter membership at Sea Island and summer membership at Mountaintop or Wade Hampton.

We usually just rotate between our river house on

May 26, 2020, 2:19 PM

Awendaw and our beach house on Seabrook.

Kiawah is a little too touristy for my taste.

Drive south until you get to

May 26, 2020, 2:21 PM

Florida. Then go further south, like pass Tampa on your right. When you get to about level with Bradenton, bang a right and drive until you reach the sweet blue nectar that is the Gulf of Mexico. Pretty much from where you are standing along that coastline south until you get to Naples. That's the sweet spot(s). If you get to Naples you've gone too far.

All other US beaches are inferior.

Those that disagree have never been to this stretch of US coast.

Added bonus: On a clear day you can nearly see Tampico, TRDJ's hometown. And by nearly I mean Sarah Palin style.

That far south you start getting into the riff raff

May 26, 2020, 3:08 PM

Port St. Joe hits the sweet spot.

Floribama ?

May 26, 2020, 3:13 PM

Redneck Riveria

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you hit Panama City you've gone too far west***

May 26, 2020, 3:34 PM

Destin is the civilized eye of the hurricane of trash there

May 26, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Floribama ? ]

But I was stationed in Pensacola for four years and I can attest the only prettier beach I’ve seen is on the Seychelles. Even better than Bondi Beach, just not the same level of eye candy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sir. You must be hard of geography.

May 26, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to That far south you start getting into the riff raff ]

SOUTH of Tampa.

The best kept secret in South Carolina LDR vacations is

May 27, 2020, 7:47 AM

right in the outskirts of Lexington SC.

Yes, I said it, Lexington.

Come on out to the palatial Adidas Estate, where you can live a "simple life" with southern charm and preserved historic architecture.
Activities include:
petting zoo
private swimming pool with lounge chairs
pecan orchard with unlimited pecan picking opportunities (there is also a black walnut tree, available for an additional fee)
three ponds available for fishing killing snakes, lizards, and turtles.
a nature trail, mowed monthly - wild blackberries are currently in season!
old 19th century barns filled with Adidas family heirlooms like CRT Tv's, old bicycles, and wooden truck bed extensions for a 1978 Ford F250 that we don't own anymore.
zipline and treehouse for the children (and adults less than 250lbs)
walking distance a great shopping district (fruit stand and Dollar General are only 1 mile away!)

Rates are negotiable and rooms are going fast, so book today! (please no pets or mixed race couples without prior approval)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

We stayed at Verano Beach in Florida (Near St. Aug)

May 27, 2020, 7:49 AM

last year and had a blast.

Fishing was great, beaches were nearly abandoned, St. Augustine was pretty cool. Drive wasn't abd at all.

I hate the beach, but I really enjoyed this. Usually in previous years we would hit up Edisto, but this was 1000000X better.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic