Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it

Nov 4, 2018, 8:01 AM

Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it

Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino doesn’t feel like his team quit in a 77-16 loss to No. 2 Clemson Saturday – they simply got beat up. Petrino also said he feels like his team was never really in the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it

Nov 4, 2018, 8:06 AM

Sounds like Petrino is ready to pull a Spurrier and get out of Louisville with as much cash as he can muster.

Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it

Nov 4, 2018, 8:11 AM

I'd say that's about right.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:16 AM

I don't like Bobby Petrino but I give him kudos for at least speaking the truth. He didn't make excuses like a lot of coaches but gave the credit to Clemson where it belongs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at least he didn't blame it on the players like the last 2

Nov 4, 2018, 8:26 AM

Teams we faced. I think he's just being honest too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it ]

He did not even shake Dabo's after the game hand as far as I can tell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn’t get a chance with the twerps running on the field

Nov 4, 2018, 8:36 AM

with time left on the clock. Not waiting until the cannon fires is going to kill this wonderful tradition and the yahoos that refuse to wait will have no one to blame but themselves.

The coaches DID shake hands ...

Nov 4, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it ]

He did not even shake Dabo's after the game hand as far as I can tell.

Petrino DID shake Dabo’s hand after the game...

Dabo started crossing the field with about 28 seconds or so on the clock. Petrino greeted him and there was literally about a second or two exchange between the two ... what can either party say after a beat down like that?

I’m not really a Petrino fan, but unlike several other coaches, at least he gave Clemson the credit we deserve...

Message was edited by: PAWsitively AllIn

Nov 4, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it ]

I was thinking the same. He maybe a dirt bag, but he didn't accuse his team of quitting, and I have to respect him for that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bobby Petrino says Cards got beat up by the Tigers and were never really in it ]

Agree

I guess people can change

Nov 4, 2018, 8:59 AM

He didn’t blame players or coaches like the last two. Just gave our team credit. Class in defeat.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't argue with what he said here.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:34 AM

I agree with him seeming comfortable with being blatantly honest, maybe he knows he'll be out the door soon one way or the other. So it seems like Doeren is cementing his position as the biggest azzhat in the ACC.

Nov 4, 2018, 12:46 PM

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone commented on the bogus Targeting call made against AJ Terrell during the game? This was reviewed by the ACC review committee and they still made the wrong call! This, in addition to all the Holding calls that weren’t made against Louisville, as well as other ACC teams we’ve played, are a continuation of the disrespect the ACC, specifically John Swofford, continues to give Clemson! Bottom line, the Targeting Penalty needs to be revised, but the problem of the ACC dissing Clemson, starts and ends with Swofford! He needs to go!

Nov 4, 2018, 1:14 PM

Hat's off....Not a bunch of whiners...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic