Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:

Feb 14, 2020, 12:14 AM

Who is ultimately responsible for the performance of our basketball team.?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Ultimately the coach...

Feb 14, 2020, 12:36 AM

But I get tired of getting on here and seeing ppl say “Brad wasn’t out there shooting” or “Brad wasn’t throwing the ball away” or he wasn’t playing terrible defense... and it goes back and forth when we win with ppl like it’s coaching when we win, it’s both win or lose but those inconsistencies are coaching, that’s the diff in the football and basketball programs IMO... the way we have looked In a lot of games and late game situations is on coaching and not having the guys ready to go I think... it’s time for new blood IMO and I don’t wanna what about recruiting classes , i think with the right hire we keep em, LJ is sad now

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:

Feb 14, 2020, 12:45 AM

Ultimately? The Creator.
But just below that comes IPTAY donors and Dan Radakovich to make sure we have a good coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You know who else is responible for the basketball tram?

Feb 14, 2020, 1:06 AM

My Mom

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know who else is responible for the basketball tram?

Feb 14, 2020, 1:34 AM

Ohhhhh, not setting up the chairs next time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The coach-however...

Feb 14, 2020, 3:47 AM

our problem has always been recruiting. Brownell has to coach guys up which takes time which when added to the meager recruiting years we have equals some good seasons,some so so seasons, and some really bad seasons. Let's face it-for a basketball recruit-it's pretty much the ACC and then Clemson.
What is it that would really sell Clemson basketball???-men and women's? I don't know. Having good crowds and support are what we can do but... X's and O's-I'd put Brownell up against anyone for getting that done. Sadly the history of Clemson basketball is it's own worst enemy. It's never enjoyed much success...a few breakthrough years followed by coaches exiting for better jobs..and that's it.

Re: The coach-however...***

Feb 14, 2020, 6:24 AM

Re: The coach-however...

Feb 14, 2020, 6:25 AM [ in reply to The coach-however... ]

Watcher® said:

our problem has always been recruiting. Brownell has to coach guys up which takes time which when added to the meager recruiting years we have equals some good seasons,some so so seasons, and some really bad seasons. Let's face it-for a basketball recruit-it's pretty much the ACC and then Clemson.
What is it that would really sell Clemson basketball???-men and women's? I don't know. Having good crowds and support are what we can do but... X's and O's-I'd put Brownell up against anyone for getting that done. Sadly the history of Clemson basketball is it's own worst enemy. It's never enjoyed much success...a few breakthrough years followed by coaches exiting for better jobs..and that's it.

Has CBB had a really bad season? Like 2-16 bad? Like 4-8 bad season? Like 56-7 bad?

We need find out who's responsible for recruiting then...

Feb 14, 2020, 7:26 AM [ in reply to The coach-however... ]

maybe we can get the guy who was in charge of it when OP was here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 4:53 AM

According to Judge Keller it's the fans. We fans are responsible for the losses.

Apparently EVERYbody and EVERYthing

Feb 14, 2020, 7:03 AM

except the coach.

Feb 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

James Naismith? Why did he have to invent a game that our guys just aren't very good at?

If not him then it has to be Swofford.

One thing for certain though is that it isn't the coach!

Feb 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

The coach has a lot to do with it. Most of you youngsters don’t remember the talent, or lack of, that coach Barnes was left with in his first year. They were referred to as the slab five and rightly so, but those kids were competitive. IF the big center had returned for his senior year the Tigers would have been really good. Wright chose to be a pro. A bad decision.

Feb 14, 2020, 12:42 PM

I was standing under the basket of nearly every game that year. It was awesome! Barnes absolutely earned his paycheck that year, but he had a roster of freshmen that really fought for every possession. Of course the next year it became hard to get tickets except for the worst seats in the house.

Shouldn't this be a multiple choice question?

Feb 14, 2020, 9:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Are you going to show us your poll?***

Feb 14, 2020, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

nah I’m saving that for the wife tonight...

Feb 14, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: nah I’m saving that for the wife tonight...

Feb 14, 2020, 10:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

The simple answer is the players. 18-22 years olds are not going to be motivated every night, which is why we can beat a team like Duke on occasion. The best teams are the ones with leaders on the court. I don't think we've really had a lot of those under Brownell. Maybe 1 or 2. We had quite a few under Purnell.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic