Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most likely playoff scenarios
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,105

Most likely playoff scenarios

Nov 13, 2019, 9:48 AM

Realistic playoff breakdown

- most likely, Clemson, OSU and LSU win out And in that case are certainly in
- In this scenario, likely Georgia falls back after SECCG loss, Bama hangs around, but if Oregon wins it conference convincingly over a top 10 Utah (possibly either of them could lose, or Oregon looks unimpressive) committee will put Oregon at 4 in final rankings. The actual debate here in their own rules is valuing a conference championship, vs the trump card of “obviously a top 4 team unequivocally” in Bamas case. They will go Oregon in this scenario, also due Oregon having an objectively better top 10 win.
- unless Baylor remains undefeated and beats OK twice, no big 12 getting in. This isn’t likely to happen. Ok has looked questionable and would really need to destroy Baylor twice, lean on their conference championship, and hope Oregon looks terrible, but I think it’s possible Alabama still trumps them here.
- weirder scenarios:
- LSU even with a loss is in at this point. If it’s to Ga in the SECCG, Ga likely sneaks in at 4.
- Michigan beating OSU would be hilarious, and troublesome for the committee. However, if conference champs, they still get in
- If Utah wins pac 12, I don’t know that they get the same treatment as Oregon would - this would be interesting and controversial

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best scenario is Clem, LSU, OSU, and Bay all 13-0***

Nov 13, 2019, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best scenario is Clem, LSU, OSU, and Bay all 13-0***

Nov 13, 2019, 10:32 AM

What if Clemson, Minnesota, and Baylor finish 13-0 and Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship. Especially if Georgia loses to Auburn this weekend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most likely playoff scenarios

Nov 13, 2019, 10:30 AM

If Georgia loses this weekend to Auburn then Georgia is through. If they lose the next 2 games then Florida could be the spoiler in the SEC. They played LSU close the last time and it's really hard to beat a team twice in the same season. What would really put a shot in the SEC is if Auburn wins out and LSU loses to TAMU. Then the committee would have to take a 2 loss SEC champ and compare them with a 1 loss PAC12 and possibly a 1 loss BIG12. I just like to listen to all the crap ESecPN will try to spin to get a 2 loss SEC team in above two 1 loss conference champions. You know they'll try.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic