Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The answer to the drug thing is quite simple
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The answer to the drug thing is quite simple

Dec 24, 2018, 4:44 PM

Don’t do it! Any muscle building stimulant is not going to be tolerated.

This reminds me of the Grier incident

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even listen to Dabo's presser?

Dec 24, 2018, 4:45 PM

Obviously not so you don't have to answer my rhetorical question

Re: Did you even listen to Dabo's presser?

Dec 24, 2018, 4:47 PM

I listened to every word and I’m familiar with this ingredient too.

So if they got it from somewhere unknowingly

Dec 24, 2018, 4:49 PM

how could they have avoided it?

I'll wang up and glisten

Dec 24, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you even listen to Dabo's presser? ]

and the FACT is you are assuming they took something! you do not know that.

Dec 24, 2018, 5:00 PM

How could this get into their system without them knowing? I’m asking a serious question not looking for an argument.

Dec 24, 2018, 8:34 PM

Ostrine is actually found in a lot of prpducts. Energy drinks, regular supplements, vitamins, hair and body hygene products...
The companies that sell these products do 1 of 2 things to get Ostarine in their products:

1. They buy their ingredients from overseas manufacturers who also make Ostarine. and the Ostarine inadvertantly contaminates the final product. Almost all energy drinks like Red Bull are contaminated with Ostarine and its difficult to not have it. These products dont list Ostarine as an ingredient because its a contaminant and its prescense is a bit of a wild card. These products also arent really regulated very well.

2. Shady companies include it, but dont list it, to enhance the effects of their products. Their customers dont know its in their products because the companies lie.

Google the story of Tim Means, a top 10 MMA fighter. He was using supplements from GNC to help his workpits. The supplements contained Ostarine, but did not disclose it in the ingredients label. Means failed an MMA drug test which detected the Ostarine. He didnt know he had consumed it. He sent his supplements to the MMA folks that issued the drug testing, and discovered he ingestes it unknowingly. He was later exhonerated.

LOTS of players and athletes ingest this stuff without knowing it, either from contamination or from companies that lie.

Its not hard to see how Dex got it in his system. My guess, is that he went home for the holiday break and took his own supppements while doing his own workouts to stay in shape, and that his supplements did not list Ostarine in their ingredients label.

Dec 24, 2018, 8:38 PM

Sorry for the typos... riding through philly and typing on my phone lol

If you are genuinely interested

Dec 24, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you even listen to Dabo's presser? ]

Here

https://www.triathlete.com/2017/02/lifestyle/ostarine-101-drug-behind-recent-positive-tests_299037

Re: If you are genuinely interested

Dec 24, 2018, 8:54 PM

Thanks for the link. It sounds authoritative. It's a bit scary that some athletes are prohibited from competing for 4 years after turning up positive for ostarine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer to the drug thing is quite simple

Dec 24, 2018, 4:50 PM

You are sadly uninformed.

Dec 24, 2018, 4:58 PM

all products that contain ostarine are ILLEGAL regardless of where they come from. Perhaps things have changed but I’m pretty sure I’m right about this. I’m not sure you can get them in GNC stores anymore. As much as I hate this happening, it doesn’t look good for these three players playing any more football this year

NOT according to Dabo. I have no idea who's right and

Dec 24, 2018, 5:25 PM

who's wrong about that, but he very clearly stated that it could have come from multiple LEGAL sources (hair products, creams, drinks, protien supplements, etc.).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 24, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The answer to the drug thing is quite simple ]

Ever heard of a false positive? Apparently not.

Dec 24, 2018, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The answer to the drug thing is quite simple ]

Read my other post above. Ostarine is present in almost all energy drinks, most hair products, and most supplements including GNC because they get contaminated from getting sourced overseas.

Dec 24, 2018, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The answer to the drug thing is quite simple ]

I very well could be. Tell me what you know

Dec 24, 2018, 5:06 PM

Can’t remember the guys name but he was ncaa and had taken a prescription drug prescribed for his migraines and he tested positive for this drug.

I too am familiar with getting false positives with no explanation whatsoever. Sometimes you just don’t know how your body metabolism works. It could be hair gel or something redic like that.

In no way they did this knowingly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just for laughs

Dec 24, 2018, 5:15 PM

Google Ostarine and read what the experts say about this particular drug.

Re: just for laughs

Dec 24, 2018, 6:11 PM

The google experts? :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 8:18 PM

I would consider the US DrugAdmin Somewhat of an expert

Dec 24, 2018, 6:11 PM [ in reply to just for laughs ]

Did you read that it is also in meds that stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss. It's not all illegally in muscle building crap. I do believe Galloway and Dex both had bone breaks in their foot. Is it possible it came from their meds? I don't know where it came from and neither do you! Speculating it was taken to stimulate muscle growth doesn't make sense because NCAA athletes know it's illegal and the consequences.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic