Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The announcers are clueless. It has been 15
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The announcers are clueless. It has been 15

Dec 26, 2019, 2:54 PM

Minutes and they still haven't realized Hayes punched our guy. Lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The announcers are clueless. It has been 15

Dec 26, 2019, 2:57 PM

Minutes and they still haven't realized Hayes punched our guy. Lol

Just amazed at what I was seeing and not a peep out of Keith Jackson’s mouth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why wasn’t that crazy old bucknut ejected??

Dec 26, 2019, 3:02 PM

He’s the head coach and he STRUCK an opposing team’s player. Different times I guess, but Woody Bucknut should have been tossed out the instant he grabbed Bauman’s neck.

today it would have been reviewed for 30 minutes

Dec 26, 2019, 3:09 PM

and half of BOTH teams would have been penalized or ejected for leaving the sidelines area.

I remember not even hearing about it until the next morning watching TV when a "Special Report" came on. Nobody (well ALMOST nobody) at the game even knew it happened.

On that topic -- you never see football coaches ejected. Baseball coaches get booted all the time, and sometimes basketball coaches (not often though). Football - basically never.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you never hear of...

Dec 26, 2019, 3:19 PM

a head coach PUNCHING AND ATTEMPTING TO CHOKE an opposing player.

It warrants ejection - then and now.

Re: today it would have been reviewed for 30 minutes

Dec 26, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to today it would have been reviewed for 30 minutes ]

Certainly true. I was at the game and had no idea that Woody hit a player. It just appeared from my angle on the field that players from both teams got into a scuffle. Not many of the camera angles made it clear even after. Woody died not long after. He had certainly had anger management issues previously, and may have been lapsing into dementia. Danny gave an interview, I think the last time we played the Bucks, and said he had told the head referee State should have been penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike and if he didn’t he might take it he team off the field. Referee replied “if you do that, Coach, you’ll forfeit the game but if you put the team back out you’ll win.” Danny said “Yes sir.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: today it would have been reviewed for 30 minutes

Dec 26, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to today it would have been reviewed for 30 minutes ]

Certainly true. I was at the game and had no idea that Woody hit a player. It just appeared from my angle on the field that players from both teams got into a scuffle. Not many of the camera angles made it clear even after. Woody died not long after. He had certainly had anger management issues previously, and may have been lapsing into dementia. Danny gave an interview, I think the last time we played the Bucks, and said he had told the head referee State should have been penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike and if he didn’t he might take it he team off the field. Referee replied “if you do that, Coach, you’ll forfeit the game but if you put the team back out you’ll win.” Danny said “Yes sir.”

Dec 26, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The announcers are clueless. It has been 15 ]

They were obviously trying to protect him. I saw it live and could not believe it. I told a room full of people I was with and none would believe me. ABC would stop the replay just before the punch. There is no way I will EVER believe ABC and Jackson did not know what happened.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 3:11 PM

They saw it..................they knew it.

I was at the game.................didn't see it.

Didn't find out exactly what had occurred until about 11:00 am the next morning.

lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The announcers are clueless. It has been 15 ]

ClemTig® said:

They were obviously trying to protect him. I saw it live and could not believe it. I told a room full of people I was with and none would believe me. ABC would stop the replay just before the punch. There is no way I will EVER believe ABC and Jackson did not know what happened.

I saw it live also! There is no way the announcers did not see it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 4:25 PM

The NC State coach did the same thing and nothing happened.

Dec 26, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The announcers are clueless. It has been 15 ]

The announcers did not have access to the camera feeds at that time. Jackson said later he never saw the punch because he couldn't see that part of the sideline.

Dec 26, 2019, 3:31 PM

They did. They actually showed a replay and Jackson made the comment I don't see anything there. You could clearly see the punch land in the throat area. I wish our guy would have turned around and knocked that old ####### head right off his #### shoulders. Worthless POS right there.

Dec 26, 2019, 6:11 PM

I just watched this on Youtube. Maybe I got the condensed version of the game.

Dec 26, 2019, 3:10 PM

I could not believe it, saw it and was jumping up and down waiting for them to announce the punch ..

Just replied to a 74Tiger post about it, but I

Dec 26, 2019, 3:28 PM

didn't think the announcers picked up on the incident, although it was clearly visible on TV.

Oddly enough, I couldn't tell whether it was a punch or an attempt by Hayes to push Bauman away, as the fight that ensued caught everyone's attention. News feeds the next day highlighted the punch, which is when all he1l broke out. As I watched replays, I then became convinced it was a deliberate punch thrown by Hayes in anger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The announcers saw it, and here's why a say that...

Dec 26, 2019, 4:43 PM

Moments after it happened, they broke for a commercial. As they faded into the commercial, I CLEARLY heard Ara Parshegian say, "That's the damnedest thing I have ever seen!" But when they came back on air, all was said was something like, "We don't know what happened at the end of that play, but a personal foul has been assessed!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic