Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The amazing world of the main stream media.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 2,399

The amazing world of the main stream media.

Apr 23, 2020, 5:54 AM

POTUS could say, "I think having your cat neutered or spayed is a good idea."

MSM headline would read:

"Trump Says He Hates Kittens and Plans to Draw and Quarter, Then Eat Several After Press Conference."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The amazing world of the main stream media.

Apr 23, 2020, 6:43 AM

So very true!! And a lot of people still watch or believe em!! Scary isn’t it!!??

Apr 23, 2020, 7:01 AM

Yes! Fox News is by far the most reliable source. They give you the news with out any agenda or spin. Why watch anything else?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Limbaugh is a more concentrated version of truth

Apr 23, 2020, 7:27 AM

Isn't that why Trump gave him an award? Sad thing is all the precedents Trump is breaking could normalize them for all future presidents. The odds of a few strong character presidents in a row to reset things is near zero, especially with our primary process.

Apr 23, 2020, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: The amazing world of the main stream media. ]

I'm including Fox. They take it too far the other way. I find that reading the facts myself works better. You should try it too. It's great.

CNN and MSNBC just flat out make stuff up while fox exaggerates.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Apr 23, 2020, 7:54 AM

Who wrote down those facts for you to read? If they weren't media, they might have made them up as well - like the Chinese officials.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 8:34 AM

You make a very good point. What I'm talking about is the constant barrage of attacks.....the majority of which are unwarranted......and the idiotic questions in the press conferences......like the one idiot who was confronting Trump about the price of oil, yet himself didn't know the price of oil. Lol. People are wise to it and the media is going to hand him a landslide.

Apr 23, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: The amazing world of the main stream media. ]

I'm including Fox. They take it too far the other way. I find that reading the facts myself works better. You should try it too. It's great.

CNN and MSNBC just flat out make stuff up while fox exaggerates.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Can you name something that CNN or MSNBC just "flat made up"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 7:22 AM

Strike that up for another 1000 Trump lies!

He’s the only man on earth who could handle them, the media.

Feel sorry for him, can’t be easy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 23, 2020, 8:24 AM

He certainly has his own special thing for truth!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The amazing world of the main stream media. ]

Sometimes the attacks do get ridiculous...but I in no way feel sorry for him. He chose to be POTUS and hope he feels the full weight and strain of the office...and then some. Hey...with all he’s been through at least he hasn’t had to suffer fools making up crap about his birth/citizenship...right.

Apr 23, 2020, 8:20 AM

You left off CNN ,MSNBC,NBC,ABC,and CBS!

Apr 23, 2020, 8:22 AM

Don't forget the highbrow NPR....

Apr 23, 2020, 8:42 AM

The problem here transcends the Trump presidency. Sadly, the old days of ritually objective news reporting are gone which places a great deal of responsibility on readers/listeners to discern for themselves the difference between what can be trusted as factual and what represents the reporter’s judgment, a judgment that, however conscientious, goes beyond documented facts.

The vast majority of the media in this country wants to see President Trump fail. Not groundbreaking news as 93% of all stories are negative towards his administration. While I will admit that Trump brings some of that one himself, coverage of the Trump administration is three times more negative than for Obama and Obama was one of the worst Presidents in American history.

Purposefully omitting key historical facts to push a baked-in partisan narrative is, at its core, violating the mission of the the news media. Facts matter, and so does context, and far too often, journalists have decided that the two are mutually exclusive. They are not. Journalism that lacks context to serve a partisan narrative is the real enemy of the American people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:12 AM

Nail hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 23, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: The amazing world of the main stream media. ]

Perfectly articulated!

Apr 23, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The amazing world of the main stream media. ]

I wonder if we've let the CNN and Fox lull us into the impression that much/most of their broadcasts are opinions, couched as news?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s true, but why are you crying on a Clemson board about it?***

Apr 23, 2020, 9:16 AM

Take it to P&R

Re: That’s true, but why are you crying on a Clemson board about it?***

Apr 23, 2020, 10:41 AM

Not crying or whining....having an adult discussion in the amphitheater..where these discussions belong. Sorry you were forced to read.

Please identify the adult portion of your original post?***

Apr 23, 2020, 11:16 AM

Apr 23, 2020, 9:41 AM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That is about the truth. Instead of the Dems working with

Apr 23, 2020, 9:52 AM

the President and Republicans on the virus and getting America back going, all they are doing is trying to blame him for this. I'm not a Dem. or Rep., I vote for who I think is the best for the job. This is a time for them to work together and resolve this thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 10:24 AM

Main stream media is totally corrupt and the true definition of Fake News today.....they stay away from the facts and the truth to push their biased political agenda......nothing else matters with these clowns......very sad our nation has come to except this crap .....Go Tigers!!!!

I am 81 years old. I remember Walter Winchel, H V

Apr 23, 2020, 10:31 AM

Kaltenborn and others on the radio. (Kaltenborn once criticized Margaret Truman's singing and Harry called him a Son of a...in a news conference.} We had a TV fairly early on and watched a lot of the big names in newscasting including Cronkite, and Huntley-Brinkley and dozens more. It was only after I became an adult and went into broadcasting that I realized that while more respectful, they all put there slant on the news. I never thought I would live to see what passes for journalism in this day and age.

Message was edited by: leo®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 10:52 AM

First, people should learn to understand what is news and what is opinion and which Fox, MSNBC, CNN hosts are real news people and who are advocates. Bret Baier and Chris Wallace are news hosts ..... Hannity and Laura Ingham advocates. Big difference.

Most of the people that I know that hate Rush Limbaugh never listen to him. The hear what is said about him on MSNBC and CNN and base their opinion on that. I don't agree with everything that Rush says. I very seldom listen to him anymore, but I give him the same test I give all advocates. Is what they are saying the truth or not? If you follow anyone without being able to determine the truth, then you need to re-access who you are listening to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rush is about the farthest from the truth of those

Apr 23, 2020, 1:03 PM

that you mentioned. And yes, I listen. Not everyday, because I would drive off a bridge, but I do listen some. There’s sometimes a kernel of truth somewhere in his ramblings, but he takes it and misconstrues it and loads the show up with his own crazy ideas or conspiracy theories, and presents them to his gullible listeners as truth. For example, I was listening and he stated that Bill Clinton hung the “confederate flag” over the Arkansas state house. Which of course sounded like a ridiculous claim. Did a little research and in truth, Bill Clinton affirmed that one of the stars on the Arkansas state flag hung at the state house is in honor of the Confederacy. Just one example of how he just makes up claims to fit his narrative.

Unfortunately, his listeners do not do their homework like you said, and end up taking what his claims as truth.

Most every response in this thread is text book fodder

Apr 23, 2020, 12:06 PM

for "Ok boomer" as a reply.

The victim complex is skrong.

Apr 23, 2020, 6:58 PM

Jesbus. So, you think CBS, NBC,ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The Atlantic, The New York Times,Vox, Axios, The Associated Press, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, the LA Times, Time magazine, The Week, CBS Radio, NBC Radio, and ALL the other media outlets, get together and plot to produce fake news about Trump...everyday?

Think about that. Either they're all involved in a conspiracy, and have to coordinate their reporting every day, every single freaking day....or they all just print the truth about how bizarre, incompetent and dishonest Trump is.

It's got to be one or the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 2,399
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic