Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC will get two:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,280

The SEC will get two:

Nov 11, 2019, 8:08 AM

The reason I think the SEC will get two is because I think the Big XII champion will have two losses.

This would be the field if the Big XII champion has two losses.

Clemson
LSU
SEC
Big Ten

UGA would still be in with a loss to Auburn and a win over LSU.
The SEC bias is strong.

Alabama's recent decline in recruiting is making the whole league look good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if the Pac12 champion only has one loss?***

Nov 11, 2019, 8:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It appears to me the committee puts a lot of stock in top 15

Nov 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

wins. They are consistent with this for everyone (except Alabama).

Alabama can have no top 15 wins and be ranked higher.

Re: It appears to me the committee puts a lot of stock in top 15

Nov 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

Bama is done. Stick a fork in them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It appears to me the committee puts a lot of stock in top 15

Nov 11, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to It appears to me the committee puts a lot of stock in top 15 ]

By the end of conference Champs, a 1 loss Oregon would leap a 1-loss non-champ SEC team. I think a lot of folks would agree that Oregon won most of that game but choked in a not-quite neutral game. Outside "Bama" they have the "best" loss of the one-loss teams.

Bama will need some help from the Pac12 and the BigXII...

Nov 11, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to It appears to me the committee puts a lot of stock in top 15 ]

to get in IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The SEC will get two:

Nov 11, 2019, 8:20 AM

Only if UGA wins out. I’m not sure UGA beats LSU in the championship. Then it is either a 1 loss Oregon or MAYBE a 1 loss Minn should they just lose in Big 10 championship game. Oklahoma is lurking too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC will get two:

Nov 11, 2019, 8:28 AM

I agree Bama is done. Only way possible for SEC to get 2 in the playoff is for UGA to upset LSU in the SEC championship game assuming UGA wins out the rest of the way. I am not sure UGA gets out of Auburn with a win this week.

The committee seems to have more west coast presence on it this year and for that reason I think the winner of the Oregon/Utah Pac 12 championship game gets in the playoff. Pac 12 has been excluded the past few years.

Even if LSU loses against UGA they would still be in the playoff due to their resume.

However, it would be crazy to see A&M step up and beat LSU. Unlikely but there have been some big upsets so far this year and after watching LSU I think they play good offense but their defense is not as good. Reminds me a lot of Bama last year.

Not Unless Oregon Loses!

Nov 11, 2019, 12:32 PM

That will happen if either we lose or Oregon loses.

Oregon should be getting the - SEC PASS - they controlled the game versus Auburn for all of 19 seconds.
The committee will see LSU having only beaten Auburn by 3 points at home and go - this Oregon team must be pretty go b/c had they played Auburn at home they would have won too!

IF they win out; they should be in.

Carlsbad started a thread about ESPN saying Bama has a 69% chance of making it - but ESPN does not get to choose thankfully!
Otherwise last year they would have cancelled the playoffs and given it to the "greatest college team ever" on the spot.

The West Coast hasn't had a team in in a while and "politics is still a huge part of college football"! If Oregon is Pac 12 champions having only lost in SEC country in a game they dominated - they are in.

Bama - would have not won it's division.

IN 2017 when Bama got in w/o winning their division the choice was Big 10 winner { with two losses } or Alabama! They choose Alabama because they only had 1 loss to ironically enough Auburn 26-14. Auburn was #10 at the time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,280
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic