Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ONLY way we get left out if undefeated...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,354

The ONLY way we get left out if undefeated...

Oct 13, 2019, 9:48 PM

OSU/Wisconsin and Oklahoma go undefeated, and Bama blows out LSU but loses a close game to either UGA or UF.

That's the only scenario that would scare me.

That ain't happening either. The SEC east champ is not beating the SEC west champ this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ONLY way we get left out if undefeated...

Oct 13, 2019, 9:51 PM

We would have won 2 of the last 3 natty’s, 27 -0 in the last 2 years. No way we would get left out as defending National Champions undefeated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 13, 2019, 10:10 PM

Exactly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no way OJ gets off. Trump will not be elected.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:04 PM

Roberts will strike down Obamacare.

I do not have 100% confidence in any decision made by a committee. Especially when there's a boatload of money involved.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:17 PM

In 2017, ‘Non Conf champ’ Bama got in over Conf Champ OSU because OSU also had a (‘bad’) loss and the OSU win over Wisconsin in the Big10 championship was not enough to ‘ trump’ Bama. We’ll never know, but I don’t think Bama gets in if OSU was undefeated that year.

Similarly, I don’t think a one loss (non conf champ) Bama gets in this year over ANY undefeated Conf Champ.

Time WILL tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Ohio St had 2 losses, Bama had 1 loss***

Oct 14, 2019, 6:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio St had 2 losses, Bama had 1 loss***

Oct 14, 2019, 11:00 AM

OOPS! Forgot that - guess I need to follow them a little more closely. . .

Uh, NOT!

Thanks for the correction, though! ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:40 PM

Osu and wisky play on 26th. It’s most probable that wisky will play in the b1g championship game... since the only other team they play is Iowa.

If, and big if, osu runs the table they will be #1... even if bama runs the table. Either way, they’d be 1 and 2. ND has their tough game next week but even beating Michigan wouldn’t get them in over an undefeated team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be more concerned if Bama lost close to LSU

Oct 13, 2019, 10:52 PM

thus not playing in the SEC CG, and finish 11-1. Plenty of the "experts" would be saying Bama deserved to still be in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be more concerned if Bama lost close to LSU

Oct 13, 2019, 11:01 PM

Yes they would. We really need wake to come in 8-1... which to show you the bias and disrespect towards the acc wake lost by 3 points to a winning Louisville team and dropped more spots than uga did to a losing team’s third string qb. Wake will be ranked if they come in at 8-1.

Then, if scar somehow comes into the game with a winning record and we pound them at home, that’ll give us three respectable wins. ATm might be ranked by eoy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 11:11 PM

To be fair, Georgia does have a quality win over ND while Wake doesn’t really have a win that stands out. In fact, Louisville lost by 18 points to that same ND team. I’m not sure how that’s being biased.

Oct 14, 2019, 5:55 AM

Georgia has a win, but I wouldn't say it was a "quality" win over N.D.

"experts" not equal to the CFP committee.***

Oct 13, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to I would be more concerned if Bama lost close to LSU ]

It has already happened before, don't think it can't

Oct 14, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I would be more concerned if Bama lost close to LSU ]

happen again. To me, that is why we need to be Bama fans for a day when they play LSU. I don't think a one loss LSU would carry the same weight as a one loss Bama to the Committee. Bama evidently bought each of them a retirement home somewhere in the south of Bill France that we don't know about, a great ace in the hole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, it hasn't.***

Oct 14, 2019, 8:42 PM

Oct 13, 2019, 10:57 PM

To be clear, I think we’re in no matter what at 13-0. However, if any scenario were to worry me it’d be LSU losing to Bama in a close one, and finishing at 11-1 with Bama at 13-0.

The reason being the game is at Alabama, no there could be a narrative of them potentially beating Bama on a neutral field.

you contradicted yourself.***

Oct 13, 2019, 11:33 PM

There is no way. Period.***

Oct 13, 2019, 11:34 PM

willing to put your money where your fear is?

Oct 14, 2019, 6:00 AM

you are so wrong it's not even funny

the playoff 2 years ago

Oct 14, 2019, 4:12 PM

Recency bias left Ohio State out of the playoffs and put the 1 loss non-SEC champ bama in the playoffs.

that same recency bias will keep Clemson in the playoffs undefeated, regardless of what happens with the other conferences.

Re: the playoff 2 years ago

Oct 14, 2019, 4:28 PM

Incorrect. OH State might have been the Big 10 Champ...but they were a 2 loss champ. OH State had lost to OU, but also lost 55-24 to unranked Iowa. Alabama (who had spent all year at #1) had 1 loss, to Auburn by 12 at the end of the year. They viewed them as comparable...a 2 loss Champion with an unranked loss vs a 1 loss non-champion with a loss to a top 10 team that went to the SEC Championship.

I guarantee if they hadn't gotten blown out

Oct 14, 2019, 4:42 PM

31-0 they would have been in those playoffs. They were playing as good as anybody the last few weeks of the season.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,354
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic