Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The OBC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

The OBC

Oct 13, 2015, 11:33 AM

Consistently whipped tiger ###. Thus you hate him.

He was good for USC football and football in the state in general.

He was good for college football.

The USC was lucky to land him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who???***

Oct 13, 2015, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was the perfect face for Coot football...

Oct 13, 2015, 11:38 AM

...no doubt. His headphone throwing, visor tipping, frustrated grimaced face was THE perfect facade for SC football.

Wish he were going to be around a few more years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish that too. The jerk lucked into a few in state

Oct 13, 2015, 11:43 AM

recruits and then focused on his golf game. The are getting exactly what they deserve,

Re: The OBC

Oct 13, 2015, 11:40 AM

So the team with multiple heisman trophy winners and multiple national championships isnt "The USC"? Since when?

Oct 13, 2015, 11:40 AM

This is the first post I've ever been tempted to throw a label at the poster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I am an avid

Oct 13, 2015, 11:50 AM

Reader of t-net although I post seldom. Generally I only skip reading for about two days following a loss but the last few hours there is much of no interest. I don't care that Steve Spurrier retired/quit/got pushed out. I don't care whether their fans are lugubrious or ecstatic.
This is Tigernet and I DO CARE about insights into our program and stories about our players and coaches. Can we get back to our topic now? As a start, answer this: The talking heads have said several times that Michigan has the best defense in the country (ditto for Florida) but the statistical analysis says the best, #1, defense is Boston College. Explain how this can be so. And I hope the best defense on Saturday is the Clemson Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kudos to you sir for changing the subject.

Oct 13, 2015, 11:55 AM

i guess its that whole, "who have you played/passing the eye" test thing. they said the same thing about us last year when we were #1. the only thing you can do is control what you can control and play like you're supposed to.

Go Tigers!

Re: kudos to you sir for changing the subject.

Oct 13, 2015, 11:58 AM

What is your definition of consistently ?

Do not fear, there are times...

Oct 13, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I am an avid ]

...when it's OK to revel in a little schadenfreude at our rival's expense. I'm very sure Dabo and company have their eye on the BC ball coming up.

6-4 against CU

Oct 13, 2015, 11:57 AM

too chicken to go for 7-4...most likely 6-5

Considering their all-time record is just above 50%, I can

Oct 13, 2015, 12:01 PM

understand how 60% seems "consistent" to him....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually Spurrier is 7-6 vs Clemson***

Oct 13, 2015, 12:19 PM [ in reply to 6-4 against CU ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 13, 2015, 11:58 AM

I know your chicken brain is smaller than your eyeball so I'll cut you some slack for being ignorant.

In Spurrier's 10 year tenure at USuC he was 6-4 against Clemson. That worm has also turned and he was/will lose the next two to Clemson if he stuck around.

Spurrier is about one thing - Spurrier! He could not care less about USuC or the people of the state of SC in general. He only took the job at USuC because it was the perpetual bottom dweller of the SEC and he wanted to pad his ego by proving he is the greatest coach alive by turning that forever dumpster fire of a program into an SEC Champion. He failed to accomplish that and knows that ship has sailed forever and is quitting because he doesn't want to further tarnish his W/L record by having a losing season on his resume.

Some may argue Spurrier was good for college football, but I believe otherwise as I find his character, lack of humility and his total lack of class a bad example to anyone in the profession. No one throws people under the bus better than Spurrier - something good leaders just don't do.

USuC was a means to an end for Spurrier and you idiots in chicken town blindly followed him to the slaughter house. You are now reaping the harvest of your blind idol worship (see the 65 foot banner on the cockroach) and will suffer for years now that he has used you as his toilet paper...

Good luck with the recovery from the dumpster fire that your pathetic football program has once again become.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^Click Worthy^^^^^^***

Oct 13, 2015, 12:10 PM

Your fanbase and team is the reason he's gone***

Oct 13, 2015, 11:59 AM

Clemson

Hilarious

Oct 13, 2015, 12:21 PM

Pure desperation

Might want to check his overall record, coot.***

Oct 13, 2015, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He left your program in a shambles. Whatever, enjoy that

Oct 13, 2015, 12:23 PM

### whipping coming your way in November.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 13, 2015, 12:23 PM

He resigns with a 7-6 record against the Tigers. He knew he would get his #### kicked this year and probably a few more down the road so he QUIT. That to me is a coward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He quit on the university, the coaches, and the players

Oct 13, 2015, 12:25 PM

not to mention the recruits, and he did it because he's a self-serving a$$hat.

You knew what you were getting when you hired him but you didn't care because you made the conscious decision to gladly compromise what little was left of the character and integrity of your school, your coaches and playes for the possibility of winning a few more games.

He left your program spiraling downward like a weak flushing toilet and I don't feel the least bit sorry for you. The two of you deserve each other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 13, 2015, 12:26 PM

BS - delusional

He was great for Clemson in the long run

Oct 13, 2015, 12:26 PM

Yes he managed to beat us way too much, but he also let us lock up most of South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina in terms of recruiting.

WRONG!!!

Oct 13, 2015, 3:54 PM

He never coached at Southern California. Your thinking of that other Steve that got fired.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic