Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ...

Mar 3, 2021, 9:59 AM

What home run hit by a Tiger player do you remember most?

I remember the walk-off grand slam by Tyler Colvin in the Clemson Super-Regional against Oral Roberts, Game 1. It wasn't the distance, it was the timing. (Video below and, as a side note, I am in the crowd behind the plate :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbl4XTXl06A

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ...

Mar 3, 2021, 10:06 AM

There have been many but the one that stands out to me was the HR hit by Beer in Athens that was hit so far, the RF didn’t even turn around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2021, 10:18 AM

Another HR in college baseball that I remember was in Columbia. I was just a kid but Ken Willard who was a very good RB with UNC and later with 49’s, also played baseball. He hit a HR at Sarge Frye that hit the lights on the CF light pole. As a kid, that just seemed like the greatest feat possible.

Re: Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ...***

Mar 3, 2021, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2021, 10:38 AM

My old brain is failing me but the tiger who hit one over the Marlboro man at old Greenville Braves stadium in ACC tournament .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't recall him, either. But, I remember going to

Mar 3, 2021, 10:47 AM

the Greenville Braves stadium to watch the ACC Tournament. I really wish they could have it at the Greenville Drive stadium, but the fearful think Clemson will have an advantage and insist on having it in NC where there is no advantage for any team. (insert eye roll here)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I can't recall him, either. But, I remember going to

Mar 3, 2021, 11:19 AM

For me it is the Beer homerun in Columbia in 2017. If I remember correctly, we were down to our last strike. Hearing the crowd on tv go dead silent as that ball sailed over the right field fence was incredible.

Mar 3, 2021, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ... ]

I was there and I’m thinking it was Shane Monahan. He was a lefty and if I remember correctly the Marlboro man was in right/ right center field. So that would match up.

Also, Monahan admitted in a magazine after retirement he used steroids during his playing days, so that could have contributed to his knocking the cigarette out of the Marlboro mans mouth.

The HR I remember most was Khalil Greene against Nebraska in the CWS . It put us ahead in the 9th I believe, with a hometown Nebraska crowd on hand

Mar 3, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ... ]

George Sutton, he had to hit it long as his knees were shot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beer at bat, coot stadium.2 strikes.2 on base 1 run

Mar 3, 2021, 11:29 AM

Behind. Coots doing double clap . Beer puts it in rigjt field bleachers.u could hear a pin drop

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beer at bat, coot stadium.2 strikes.2 on base 1 run

Mar 3, 2021, 11:58 AM

I was not there, but when I saw him connect on tv I knew it was gone

Re: Beer at bat, coot stadium.2 strikes.2 on base 1 run

Mar 3, 2021, 12:05 PM

My memory is fuzzy on this but I do remember my first Clemson baseball game ever. We were playing #1 FSU and Richie Shaffer hit one off the pole in left field that for some reason has always stuck with me. I remember waiting in the parking lot for hours waiting on a storm to pass before the game started.

The Michael Johnson blast in top of trees

Mar 3, 2021, 1:27 PM

That used to be behind Cajun Cafe!! Longest ball I've seen hit at DKS!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was your post that prompted this thread. Thank you!

Mar 3, 2021, 1:46 PM

I remember that shot. Plus, I remember one that Andy D'Alessio hit in pretty much the same spot. It disappeared into the top of that huge oak that used to be out there.

Mar 3, 2021, 2:29 PM

This one was amazing but someone below mentioned another one which was Khalil at the CWS. Since I was there it seems pretty memorable to me. We were playing the host team Nebraska so it was over 23,000 fans versus our little group of 200. I was lucky enough to be there. It was not the 9th inning as someone below stated. I think it was the seventh. We had 2 guys on but I still told the people around me that I couldn't believe they were pitching to Khalil. Next thing you know he blasted it out to tie the game. We ended up winning it in the 9th. We got a walk to open the inning, then had a really bad bunt back to the pitcher but somehow they didn't throw it to 2nd base so we got the runner over. Then we got a hit to drive in the winning run.

Mar 3, 2021, 2:39 PM

For some reason the one that sticks out to me is Elijah Henderson's first career homer must be because I was there

Mar 3, 2021, 2:55 PM

Khalil Greene's last at bat at DK to solidify a rubber game win and trip to CWS in the supers against Arkansas. It was so fitting as Khalil had the best season in the history of college baseball that year imo.

I was thinking of that game, as well.

Mar 3, 2021, 3:21 PM

Attended that whole series, and it was awesome.

Arkansas won the first game, and we came back to win Saturday and Sunday.

If I remember correctly, there was the Khalil home run you referred to...and then there were maybe two more homers in that inning? Michael Johnson and maybe someone else. We just poured it on at that point and ran away with it.
Good times.

Just found an article about it...

Mar 3, 2021, 3:32 PM

Michael Johnson homered in the 7th to give us the lead.
Then with 2 outs in the 9th, Zane Green and Khalil hit back-to-back home runs.

I would love to watch a replay of that game, but not sure if even exists. Not much college baseball televised in 2002.

Re: I was thinking of that game, as well.

Mar 3, 2021, 4:39 PM [ in reply to I was thinking of that game, as well. ]

Yes! What a team with Greene, Johnson, and Baker. Those were the days that these "Large Endowment" schools have seemingly taken away from us. Our recruiting was sick back then.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic