Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Country is not even
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

This Country is not even

Jan 29, 2021, 9:24 AM

recognizable and the Left just keeps pushing their insane push.

Teachers need to get to class, people need to get back to work. This insanity needs to stop.

If cannot see the push for division and the lack of call for unity, you are part of the problem. These EO’s are going to continue the ripping of the fabric of the US and these extreme policies to attempt to redistribute wealth will only continue to divide.

Out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't many of the EO's simple reversals of Trump EOs?...

Jan 29, 2021, 9:28 AM

I don't support many of the policies in Biden's EO's, but to say they're ripping the fabric of our country apart is a little much, don't you think?

Can you be specific on which EO's you believe would fit your description?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not a good reason for an EO

Jan 29, 2021, 9:32 AM

Not for Biden, not for Trump, not for Obama, not for Bush or any other president. If the justification of signing an EO is to undo something someone else did, that's not a good enough reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: This is not a good reason for an EO

Jan 29, 2021, 10:05 AM

rulez,

How about - the Trump EO was unjust and un-American and therefore i am overturting it with my own EO ? Is that better ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when you put a blanket on everything someone does

Jan 29, 2021, 11:05 AM

because they tweet mean things, it really dampens your argument.

You also don't have to address every response like a letter or an email.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: when you put a blanket on everything someone does

Jan 29, 2021, 12:12 PM

rulez

I referred specifically to Trump's EOs. I did not say anything about his tweets.

I often find that my (& other's) postings appear far away from the post to which I am responding. I put your name on there is ID that I was responding to your previous post - not calling you out or addressing the post to you specifically - just clarifying my response

I get your point, but not sure I agree with it...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:35 AM [ in reply to This is not a good reason for an EO ]

I agree with the point that EO's are used "incorrectly" (IMO) a lot.

However, not all EO's are "incorrect" and I'm not sure issuing an EO to counter what one believes is an "incorrect" EO is, in itself, "incorrect". (yeah, I didn't follow that either)

Either way, the point I was making above was not the correctness/constitutionality of the EO, it was more to the point that how can the reversal of an EO issued within the last 4 yrs being "tearing the fabric" of our country?

Re: I get your point, but not sure I agree with it...

Jan 29, 2021, 12:14 PM

flo

I would also point out that EOs became the executive branch's response to the obstructionism and disfunction in the legislative branch. If Congress acted more like adult leaders, perhaps there would be less need for EOs.

See, that's the part I don't agree with or think is a...

Jan 29, 2021, 12:52 PM

valid reason.

If something is to be handled by Congress based on the power granted to it in the Constitution, then it's to be handled by Congress. Congress' inaction on something doesn't mean that gives the power to the executive to handle it.

Inaction by Congress is, in essence, an action by Congress.

And I say that as someone who generally subscribes to the unitary executive theory and believes in a strong executive.

An example of something that I don't believe is constitutional...ACA says deadline is Jan 1, 2021...POTUS can't change the deadline to Jul 1, 2021 by EO.

The "push for division and lack of a call for unity" has

Jan 29, 2021, 9:30 AM

been there for 4+ years. Weird that it's suddenly so important to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Country is not even

Jan 29, 2021, 9:35 AM

Teachers need to get to class, people need to get back to work. This insanity needs to stop.

How is this a leftist thing again?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

The NEA gives a zillion dollars to the Dems

Jan 29, 2021, 9:41 AM

Even a man as smart as you knows to follow the $$$

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NEA gives a zillion dollars to the Dems

Jan 29, 2021, 9:47 AM

His post seems to refer to COVID and the precautions taken over it, and I'd like to know how that's leftist. Not sure what the the NEA has to do with it.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: The NEA gives a zillion dollars to the Dems

Jan 29, 2021, 10:07 AM [ in reply to The NEA gives a zillion dollars to the Dems ]

chem,

The NEA represents the interests of millions of teachers. You might call them working class Americans.

So their political donations are 50/50

Jan 29, 2021, 2:17 PM

Between the two parties?

Since they represent America and all

Jan 29, 2021, 9:46 AM

Don't know if these EOs are ripping at the fabric of this country but it sure has shown Biden's hypocrisy. Or did he just want to become a dictator.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:03 AM

midland,

Did you call Trump a dictator when he was issuing all of his EOs ??

Jan 29, 2021, 10:23 AM

I call Trump a lot of things but never a dictator. I don't think Biden is a dictator either. Just using his own words against him.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:02 AM

Where was all of this unity talk when Trump was ripping on anyone who disagreed with him ?

Where was all of this unity talk when Mitch McConnell said that the main Republican legislative agenda would be to defeat President Obama ?

Where was all of this unity talk when McConnell filibustered the organizing of the new Senate in order to try to leverage more power for Reps ?

Where is all this talk of unity when the Dems are trying to enact much needed relief and stimulus legislation, but the Reps are dragging their feet without any effort to work with them and come up with reasonable compromises.

Aussies !!

2016: We Won! Suck it libs

Jan 29, 2021, 10:11 AM

2017: Deck everything I own in Trump apparel because I'm a winner now

2018: Snowflakes!

2019: We won deal with it.

2020: Get use to 4 more years stupid liberals!

2021: Hey now, we need unity.

I like your funny words magic man

Enough with this garbage. Democrats have been painting

Jan 29, 2021, 10:17 AM

conservatives and republicans as the closest thing since the devil my entire adult life, even before that. I call people like you "Kyles", because it reminds me of a scrawny little f*cker that grew up in my neighborhood. He'd pick and pick at people continuously, then when he got his bike thrown in the lake he wanted to act like a victim. Exactly how many of you did during 4 years of Trump.

Nobody wants unity, and you can squarely blame Democrat identity politics for it. Well, let me take that back...Spineless Republicans who refuse to stand up for themselves and their constituents are also to blame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enough with this garbage. Democrats have been painting

Jan 29, 2021, 10:20 AM

Democrats have been painting conservatives and republicans as the closest thing since the devil my entire adult life, even before that

Lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Capitol rioter regrets being 'duped' by Trump

(pst: they were there to take hostage/kill democrats)

No they weren't, and even if they were, w tf does that have

Jan 29, 2021, 10:21 AM

to do with anything I just said? This is just democrats pulling another Kyle and being dramatic after their bike got thrown in a lake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can't see it, then idk what to say

Jan 29, 2021, 10:24 AM

goes back to the old saying of "I can explain it, but I can't make you understand it"

The point is, both sides demonize the other side. My facebook feed is literally filled with memes and posts about how democrats are baby killing monsters.

lol, every Republican candidate for a major office in my

Jan 29, 2021, 10:33 AM

lifetime has been widely denounced in media and elsewhere as being racists, sexists, xenophobes, etc. ####, in some instances like Kavanaugh they drummed up fake rape allegations.

Granted, I'm coming around to dawghaters line of thinking, this is about the Uniparty. That's what Uniparty does to people who might not go along with the program. And the lemmings eat up the propaganda, thinking they're "On the right side of history".

What Democrat leaders and the Media did to

Jan 29, 2021, 11:58 AM

Romney was almost criminal. I am not a Romney fan, but they drug him through the mud for absolutely no reason. Come to find out, now he is their darling on the Right because he gives them hot takes and sound bites against the prior Administration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd think a lot of Republicans would learn, but they never

Jan 29, 2021, 12:02 PM

seem to for some reason. I cannot understand the mindset that would acquiesce to people who clearly hate me and have said those kind of things about me.

Can you really not see the irony of your posts?***

Jan 29, 2021, 4:02 PM

Not really garbage...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Enough with this garbage. Democrats have been painting ]

Those lines Coach typed were repeated on here for four years by the likes of Manac, Bengal, xtiger, etc. Anyone who didn't like Trump was a "lib" and we were all told to suck it and get over our TDS. And that he was going to win four more years and we could continue to suck it.

Now, all of sudden, these folks want everyone to play nice.

And that was preceded by 8 years of the same from many

Jan 29, 2021, 12:02 PM

on the left. Granted, they were accusing people of being racist and not just a 'lib' or someone with TDS.

Re: And that was preceded by 8 years of the same from many

Jan 29, 2021, 12:14 PM

True, there was definitely some nyah nyah boo boos, stick your head in doo doo from the fervent Obama crowd. It's basic identity politics.

It was a bit more obnoxious from the Trump crowd. Kind of like comparing UNC fans to Gamecock fans. One was smug and holier than thou; the other contemplated vandalizing your car.

Well that smug and holier than thou crowd is now

Jan 29, 2021, 12:24 PM

actively attacking free speech and promoting racist ideology, so I think it was a bit more nefarious than you think.

What exactly are they doing to attack free speech?***

Jan 29, 2021, 12:30 PM

I dunno, they've only been silencing conservative voices

Jan 29, 2021, 12:34 PM

on college campuses and elsewhere for about 5 years now via mob rule, and we've recently seen a huge push from tech companies to cleanse the internet of rhetoric they don't like. Not to mention this whole new war on domestic terror that's being floated, and if you think it will be limited to the 'crazy nazis' I'd have to say you're incredible naive about it.

Re: I dunno, they've only been silencing conservative voices

Jan 29, 2021, 12:42 PM

I'm not a fan of trying to get people barred from speaking on college campuses. I remember when I was at Clemson, I got to go hear a lot of interesting people speak, from Newt Gingrich to Jack Anderson to Kareem Abdul-Jabar to Woody Harrelson to Dr. Drew and Adam Carrolla. All of them had controversial things to say, and I loved it.

I've always believed that if you don't like what someone is saying, engage in a debate or turn the channel/don't show up.

That being said, I don't agree it's a technical First Amendment violation because these people still can express themselves on multiple platforms.

Tech companies can do as they see fit with their private platforms. That's not a free speech violation. And much of what they are attacking is hateful rhetoric, not political.

Not to mention this whole new war on domestic terror that's being floated, and if you think it will be limited to the 'crazy nazis' I'd have to say you're incredible naive about it.

Bruh, I literally just wrote a long-winded piece this morning that agrees with you on this.

How do you define hateful though? Look at how broadly

Jan 29, 2021, 1:19 PM

they're trying to define domestic terrorist. What happens when you can't get a mortgage because of a joke you made on tiger net 6 years ago that is deemed hate speech? Their bank, their rules? After what I've seen lately, I don't think that's a stretch to imagine either.

I'm glad you agree, and anybody who was worried about Trump being a fascist should be staring in terror at some of the stuff being bounced around right now. PPP Loans based on race, domestic war on terror, taxing unrealized capital gains...It's insanity at the highest level.

Re: How do you define hateful though? Look at how broadly

Jan 29, 2021, 1:25 PM

What happens when you can't get a mortgage because of a joke you made on tiger net 6 years ago that is deemed hate speech?

Christ help me if that happens.

I see your point. Overzealousness in policing political thought rarely leads to good places, even if the intent was altruistic. I recall seeing some Facebook friends in May and June saying that if I didn't understand why people were rioting and destroying businesses, my white privilege was showing.

Whoa.

So yeah, I get it. You always have to be careful in trying to battle what you perceive evil so much that you become what you tried to fight. That's what a lot of my post was this morning, and also if we give the government too much license to do it. I think that's where it's the most important; we maybe can't control what that bank is going to do, but we can't let the government overstep.

As for what's defined as hateful, I would think we can label pretty obviously blatantly racist posts or calls for violence/killing. But I still argue that it's still the private platform's choice, and so be it if they overstep. The market will eventually correct that.

I think.

That's what I've always generally thought too, but recent

Jan 29, 2021, 1:37 PM

events have led me to rethink that. I don't doubt that the market would eventually correct it, I'm just not sure that the market will ever be given the chance to.

From my perspective, I'm having a hard time seeing the distinction between the banks(big business) and the govt anymore. Regardless of whether you have conservative or progressive ideals, it seems as if we're looking at a power structure that serves neither. It serves Uniparty, and we are not party of Uniparty.

Re: 2016: We Won! Suck it libs

Jan 29, 2021, 11:12 AM [ in reply to 2016: We Won! Suck it libs ]

Literally a play by play of all the hardline Trumpies on this board.

lol ... Unity was Joes baby ... short memory***

Jan 29, 2021, 2:43 PM [ in reply to 2016: We Won! Suck it libs ]

Agree and disagree.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:15 AM

Yes, the country is divided and yes, Biden is using EOs to push the Left's agenda early and often. And EOs are a TERRIBLE way to govern and remember neither he nor DJT started the madness.

HOWEVER, please keep in mind if Trump had even an OUNCE of leadership, humility, and decorum he would have been re-elected in a landslide. So we are paying the price for Trump's idiocy.

Also, DJT would have never been elected in the first place back in 2016 if the whole system wasn't broken and if people were not frustrated and divided to begin with.

THEN we get COVID on top of it all and it's a perfect storm. And FYI, we're not re=-opening any time soon. Summer if we're lucky and IF people continue to social distance (they won't), mask (they don't), and get vaxxed (many won't). So without the willingness to engage in shared sacrifice in the short term, we are all suffering for the long term.

The divisions and the accompanying violence are far from over, IMO. Our Culture Wars have become shooting wars. And DJT, COVID, and now Biden have only put it all on steroids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 10:26 AM

Post image

The Left & Right trope has gotten stanky old

Jan 29, 2021, 10:34 AM

This is a good example. The leader of the Democratic party wants to open schools, declared it a national emergency!

One of President Biden's loftier EO's is to open schools within his first 100 days. He's battling teacher's unions to make that happen.

If teachers want to opt out, we should let them collect unemployment, then pay the ones willing to work some hazard pay as an incentive.

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/01/21/959162019/biden-announces-executive-actions-meant-to-help-reopen-schools

Jan 29, 2021, 12:16 PM

manac,

Perhaps the country is not recognizable to you because your perspective is so far skewed to the right that you haven't been seeing those of us on the left part of the spectrum.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic