Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Indians are handling this crisis the right way.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

The Indians are handling this crisis the right way.

Apr 3, 2020, 10:14 AM

For a Country that has 4 times the population and live on top of each other. I haven’t looked at their numbers lately but they have way less reported cases and its about to level out.
They are not playing, you get caught out about for no good reason and you get your #### spanked with a cane stick.
Until the American people take this thing seriously and stay home it’s going to keep spreading.
Let’s just hope the hot weather will kill it off or we could be in for a very long battle.
People PLEASE stay home if all possible!
Go to the Grocery store get what you need for 2 weeks and if you don’t have to work stay home

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is incomprehensible to me that any sane person believes

Apr 3, 2020, 10:33 AM

any media report concerning this pandemic. does anyone honestly believe every country is sharing their numbers in earnest and the media reports them in earnest. there are lots of chess games being played, let's not believe it's checkers

A few head-scratchers:

Apr 3, 2020, 10:46 AM

1. Are most countries capable of reporting their cases? Is it really a question of hiding results...other than China?

2. Is it fair to cast the US in such an unfavorable light due to NYC/Tri-State being a true epicenter...and New Orleans remaining convicted to celebrating Mardi Gras? Be honest...isn't the US, geographically and culturally, extensions of many other nations and, as such, shouldn't the results be somewhat anticipated?

3. Trying to find blame (other than China...sorry...I'm not in the forgiving mood towards their leadership) seems pointless. Covid isn't an asteroid, per se, but it is certainly testing the fortitude of the human species, it would appear. Is blame productive?

4. This one really blows my mind: if you're at the store and wear a mask/gloves...and/or you require a motorized cart to navigate the aisles...aren't you compromised...and should you really be so immersed in humanity? Why would you not order your needs online and pick-up without leaving your vehicle? Otherwise, ask a very trusted relative/friend to acquire your needs.

5. The obsession with ventilators...why, under the current environment. Two points:
a. Over half...well over half of those folks needing a ventilator...die
b. All too often, those who survive post-ventilator, will have respiratory issues the rest of
their lives. Disability may well be their future.
Take the easier route...keep safe...don't get the virus. #5 isn't a lasting proposition...simply buys some time...possibly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few head-scratchers:

Apr 3, 2020, 10:57 AM

interesting point about motorcarts. I actually haven't seen anybody in one of those in over a week at either Ingles or Publix. I don't think I've even seen anybody in one at Walmart. There was some guy toodling around in one at Sam's Club, but again, it's been weeks since I've been in one of those. That is just a coronademic waiting to happen.

You're a #### hypocrite

Apr 3, 2020, 11:47 AM

You've been on here bitching non stop about staying at home but your liberal ### has been to Ingles, Publix, Walmart, and Sam's in the last week or so?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: You're a #### hypocrite

Apr 3, 2020, 2:13 PM

He knew people would catch that, so he added: “but again, it's been weeks since I've been in one of those.”

Uh-huh.

Because then this makes absolutely no sense: “haven't seen anybody in one of those in over a week at either Ingles or Publix.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 3, 2020, 7:35 PM

I believe he was saying that he hasn’t been in a Sam’s Club in weeks since he was talking about Sam’s Club in the same sentence he said that in.

Apr 3, 2020, 6:08 PM [ in reply to You're a #### hypocrite ]

The man has to make a living. Wal-mart checker outer is probably a hot job right now. Until Bernie pays for his housing and his food and forgives his student loans, the man has to make a buck.

Apr 3, 2020, 10:05 PM [ in reply to You're a #### hypocrite ]

Not me. Looked through my comments, and don't see anything referring to staying at home. I think I confessed at some point that I get bored out of my mind and wind up at Ingles or Publix every couple of days. yes, it's a chance, but we've had almost no cases in this county, so I throw the dice from time to time in order to buy food.

Apr 3, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: A few head-scratchers: ]

The electric grocery cart crowd was out late this morning at Wal-Mart in Seneca. You can't keep your distance from them when passing. One older gentleman was broken down blocking an aislr and an employee brought him a replacement cart and one lady (that looked very healthy - no casts, no O2 or any other injuries) was blocking every aisle and passageway around. I'm stocked for a while.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to A few head-scratchers: ]

A lot of good points...you can throw in Florida for allowing the large crowds on the beach for spring break. Where were the parents allowing this...
I tried the drive thru at Food Lion and that was unsuccessful. Ordered 5 items and I was 5 days out before picking up. They had 1 out 5 items because others were not in stock.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:33 PM [ in reply to A few head-scratchers: ]

I agree completely with your first 3 points. You make some fair points on the other 2. However, #4 is certainly true for people who have options with relatives/friends who can help, but not everyone knows how to order online, or lives in an area that offers delivery, and not everyone has loved ones willing to help them out. Also, some people who wear masks are doing it to be careful, not just at preventing themselves from getting it, but from spreading it to others Incase they have it and aren’t aware.

The point about ventilators is true, but if 50% of people die on them, then how many of the other 50% would die without them?

^^I wasn't dismissing the other 50% in the least...

Apr 3, 2020, 8:34 PM

I was addressing the fact ventilators are a last resort...and are generally fraught with serious risks. My main point is...abide by the suggested impositions on our lives and don't get the virus to begin with. I'm not in the 'Soylent Green' crowd whatsoever...'specially since I'm more a candidate for that group! ;)

Re: The Indians are handling this crisis the right way.

Apr 3, 2020, 10:45 AM

We might want to use a different example
"When the Europeans arrived, carrying germs which thrived in dense, semi-urban populations, the indigenous people of the Americas were effectively doomed. They had never experienced smallpox, measles or flu before, and the viruses tore through the continent, killing an estimated 90% of Native Americans."

Apr 3, 2020, 2:16 PM

I believe that is included in “Manifest Destiny.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 3, 2020, 12:00 PM

Kim Jon Un is having the best success dealing with it. He is shooting quarantine violators. You want to try that? It works.

Apr 3, 2020, 1:20 PM

Who the flying F said anything about killing people ?
What needs to happen tho for about 2 weeks it should be mandatory for people to stay home.
I live in Florence and at 9 this morning I rode around and the stores almost looked like Christmas time.
Until people stop gathering in bunches it’s only going to get worse.
People are pure idiots this day in time. I guess the people that don’t work and are still getting checks . That have stopped playing their bills are loving this extra money to blow.
I don’t know about you but I’m being very tight with my money because you never what’s going to happen.
I haven’t missed any work but I have lost enough money that I probably will have to work another 5 years before I retire.

Apr 3, 2020, 2:01 PM

Who is getting checks and not having to pay to bills? I got laid off weeks ago and have yet to see any check or any bill collector send me a note saying I am good not to pay.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 2:50 PM

The first of the month people getting their regular checks . The ones that should not get stimulus money because they are still getting paid regardless.

Apr 3, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: The Indians are handling this crisis the right way. ]

So it should be mandatory to stay home, yet you’ve been riding around Florence and haven’t missed a day of work?

Apr 4, 2020, 7:59 AM

I’m working from home and there wasn’t 500 people in my truck. I’m not an idiot, won’t catch me in Wally World . If we need groceries one of us will go in not take the whole family.

Apr 4, 2020, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The Indians are handling this crisis the right way. ]

O.P. was praising India for beating the heck out of quarantine violators. I pointed out Fat Boy Un was even more successful by just killing the violators.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:06 PM

The Indians also wash themselves in a river with dead people in it.

Does it reflect badly on me if I admit

Apr 3, 2020, 8:36 PM

I really tried not to laugh? (I failed...but I really did try!)

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic