Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The Hill

Jul 11, 2018, 9:59 AM

Knock on wood but have any of our Players ever hurt them selfs running down the Hill? I cringe a little every time they jump thinking a wrong landing will happen eventually. I love seeing it obviously, just curious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, multiple times over its history. But it is rare***.

Jul 11, 2018, 10:24 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the guy responsible for the tradition...

Jul 11, 2018, 10:27 AM

"The pregame tradition did not occur just minutes before kickoff until that 1972 South Carolina game, and that important aspect of the tradition was Anderson’s idea."

https://thetandd.com/sports/running-down-the-hill-clemson-player-most-responsible-for-tradition/article_653d732e-6b40-59b5-86e2-fed6bd3d2865.html

That's one reason they run down a little differently than

Jul 11, 2018, 10:28 AM

they used to. More of a single-file-be-very-careful approach now. Use to be a lot more would run down ant the same time.

Re: The Hill

Jul 11, 2018, 10:28 AM

I get more concerned when the players leap and bump chests and are knocked off balance and have the possible chance of a bad landing and suffer ankle or acl injury. This is a regular happening...i.e. UGA player years ago at the Clemson game. I think the players are well conditioned and are in more control of their landing coming down the hill and know when to take the leap that gives them that loft through the air like we experience getting launched from a swing (as a kid), that feeling of flying through the air with the greatest of ease.....and they have perfected landing and continuing the run down the hill.....but a good tuck and roll should be perfected too in case momentum gets the better of you.

Jul 11, 2018, 12:18 PM

I agree, the chest bump make me a little nervous sometimes as well. But I enjoy seeing the boys celebrating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2018, 6:24 PM

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I was in the 5th grade at the time and it was my first Clemson USC game that I attended. Back in those days, my parents only bought two season tickets and bought me a General Admission ticket on game day. What I remember most was that we won and it was very cold and raining. I was miserably cold.

Jul 11, 2018, 6:58 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic