Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Heisman trophy means nothing anymore...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The Heisman trophy means nothing anymore...

Dec 10, 2017, 12:12 AM

Esp if you can vote an immature idiot like Mayfield in to your fraternity! This moron has had more run ins with the law and immature moments than 99.9 percent of us have! This dude grabbed his junk on national TV and told the other team to F U C K O F F and won! What a disgrace!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never meant much...popularity contest.***

Dec 10, 2017, 12:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never meant much...popularity contest.***

Dec 10, 2017, 12:49 AM

Used to.

I remember when one loss cost you the Heisman...even when you get caught stealing from Dillards cost you the Heisman....those days are now long gone

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It will when our player wins one*****

Dec 10, 2017, 5:29 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Dec 10, 2017, 6:12 AM

I'm sure we'll all watch it, because we'll watch anything involving Clemson Football. And we'll be proud of our young man for having a great season.

But it ends there. It will not change the fact that the trophy, and what it now stands for, is a joke.

Deshaun, and his team, won the real trophy last January.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll change when TL wins it in 2 years.

Dec 10, 2017, 6:16 AM

They get it right at times. Baker Mayfield deserved it this year. They got it right.

I think there is something in the description and

Dec 10, 2017, 7:04 AM

qualifications for the award the refers to "integrity." That was forgotten long ago.

Yeah what they really mean is...

Dec 10, 2017, 7:20 AM

"Don't blow it too bad or you will be excluded no matter how good you are." They just don't want to phrase it that way. They want who they feel is the best player/MVP/who doesn't blow it. They still screw that up too quite often.

Re: I think there is something in the description and

Dec 10, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I think there is something in the description and ]

Character.. any of those relating to morals they dropped decades ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Who won the Hymen trophy this year?***

Dec 10, 2017, 7:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Heisman trophy means nothing anymore...

Dec 10, 2017, 8:21 AM

Has not in many years
I'm thinking the last one to win
who many of us would say when someone
were to start to talk about Heisman Trophy winner
could agree was (TT) 10 years ago

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the last 15 were arguably deserving...

Dec 10, 2017, 8:57 AM

as far as football goes. That's really what they are looking for. That squeaky clean part isnt as important as it obviously is supposed to be.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Clean up the language please.***

Dec 10, 2017, 8:35 AM

Dec 10, 2017, 8:45 AM

How many times has the Heisman Trophy winner turned out to be a bust in the NFL. I think more often than not recently. So its a beauty pageant for the most popular player of all media sources.

Dec 10, 2017, 8:45 AM

How many times has the Heisman Trophy winner turned out to be a bust in the NFL. I think more often than not recently. So its a beauty pageant for the most popular player of all media sources.

I don't think they are worried about projecting NFL careers.

Dec 10, 2017, 8:52 AM

I think it's about what happened that season in college.

Christian Wilkins is better "football player" than Mayfield

Dec 10, 2017, 9:02 AM

The Heisman doesn't go to the best football player, it goes to a player at a "skill" position who has the gaudiest statistics that year. Always a QB, RB, WR, or some guy with lots of kick return yards.

Christian Wilkins is probably the best "football player" in the country this year.

Dec 10, 2017, 2:37 PM

The Heisman lost it's value with me when they disrespected CJ the way that they did. The Heisman isn't anything more than a appointed award since then, and it's appointed by voters that has never seen those guys or schools play a game of FB. Most of the voters has to ask someone who to vote for, and to put John Heisman's name on the award is a travesty and one of the darkest black eyes that could ever be place on college football. John Heisman has had to roll over in his casket to puke, while dull knives are being stabbed in more deserving players backs!!! The certificate that is given with the trophy isn't worth being placed in an out house to wipe your A$S on!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2017, 2:43 PM

Didn’t even know the award was being given this weekend. Once the snubbed Watson for Jackson, I really DGAF anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year was it for me. I didn't bother this year.

Dec 10, 2017, 3:08 PM

If a Clemson player is involved, of course I will watch in support of the Tigers. But, I find it to be an archaic award as long as people vote before the complete season ends.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic