Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any hombrewers tried this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 248

Any hombrewers tried this...

Dec 23, 2015, 8:38 AM

No-Knead Spent Grain Pizza Dough

Recipe provided by Amber DeGrace, which can be found in “New Life For Spent Grains,” May/June 2011 Zymurgy

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp yeast
3 cups flour
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup spent grains

Directions:

In a bowl, sprinkle yeast over the warm water and set aside. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the flour and drizzle oil over. Work oil through flour with your hands or dough hook attachment until it resembles crumbs or small pebbles. Add the spent grains to the flour mixture and combine.

Gently stir the yeast and water mixture until combined. Add the yeast mixture to the bowl containing the spent grain mixture. Stir or mix with a dough hook until combined and a ball is formed. You may need to add flour, one tablespoon at a time. You’ll know it’s ready when the dough comes together and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.

In a clean bowl add a bit of oil to the bottom, put the ball of dough in, flip it over and cover. You can let it rise, covered with a dish towel, in a warm place until it has doubled in volume, or you can cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight.

Once the dough has risen, punch it down. This recipe will make enough dough for two pizza crusts, so I always halve it and put the second portion in a sealed freezer bag and toss in the freezer.

Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C) while you’re preparing the pizza. Stretch the dough out on a pizza stone using your fingers until it is relatively round and thin.

Top with whatever you like. The sky’s the limit, especially for creative homebrewers. Some of favorites are prosciutto, egg, goat cheese and shrimp. Don’t pile the toppings on too thickly or the crust will remain a bit soft and soggy in the middle. Pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the crust has gotten crisp and the cheese is melted and bubbly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, but I will

Dec 23, 2015, 10:55 AM

my brewing buddy is always looking for something to use the spent grains on, so now we have something to try.

will report back when we do next batch mid january

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Harpoon Brewery in Boston

Dec 23, 2015, 1:27 PM

makes big soft pretzels from their spent grains and boils them in an IPA. Not a bad way to end a brewery tour!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 248
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic