Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clemson Tigers and Sports Illustrated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The Clemson Tigers and Sports Illustrated

Aug 7, 2018, 1:51 PM

I remember when even a mention of the Tigers in Sports Illustrated was marginally common, but a full write up was rare, that was a date to be celebrated.

The SEC was king and Florida State was queen and the Clemson Tigers were rarely mentioned unless a coach punched one of our players on the sideline. We were, by their account, a good mid-level regional team. An ACC team. Not the dregs, but not one of the big dogs.

Those were the old days...then came Dabo Swinney. A diminutive, overtly positive, organizational genius, a tactical mastermind and a bonafide college football savant, who busted open the game proceeded to change everything.

The last 6 years we've gotten progressively more coverage. In the last 3 years we're positively covered up with it! No sports outlet with a name or half a brain goes to print without checking on what's going on with Clemson.

And about Sports Illustated. They used to be the big dog but ESPN has taken that spot. But still they're considered an elite sports publication. This year they've picked us #1 and have placed 9 of our players, count them 9 players into the SI top 100 players. 3 of them in the top 10.

I can't help but wave at Nick Saban and shake my asz at him. He's only got 7 and none of his are in the top 10. That makes me smile big. I don't hate Nick, I just don't like the smug bastige.

I went to the list and this line perfectly encapsulates what Dabo and team have done for Clemson Football. This is part of Sports Illustrated's description of Dexter Lawerence and why he's ranked the 10th best player in the country:

"Were he at literally any other program in the country, Lawrence would be a no-doubt-about-it superstar. At Clemson, he’s not even the best player in his own position group."

That's how good Dabo and the Clemson Tigers are. A national, elite team and now, gunning for bear again this season.

Life is good for Clemson Tigers fans. :)

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+100 if I could give you that and I totally agree. So glad

Aug 7, 2018, 2:03 PM

we have Dabo!! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Diminutive Dabo?

Aug 7, 2018, 2:08 PM

I guess that would make Nicky Saban microscopic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Diminutive Dabo?

Aug 7, 2018, 2:16 PM

That's politically incorrect.

Nick prefers being called 'little people'. :)

I thought Satan was bigger.....

Aug 7, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Diminutive Dabo? ]

Dabo shouldn't shake Satan's hand.

Re: I thought Satan was bigger.....

Aug 7, 2018, 4:02 PM

He is a little satan aint he...

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive