Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
The CFB playoff committee is in no win situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,612

The CFB playoff committee is in no win situation

Sep 17, 2020, 8:29 PM

And it’s the B10 + Covid19’s fault. I just read article on ESPN about the hard job they will have to weigh good wins vs. good loses vs. depleted teams vs number of games played. Should we just do an AP poll again? This could be a political drama bigger than what may happen on November 3rd and 4th. A 1 lost Alabama, Georgia team that lost in the SEC championship as 10-1 and an 8-0 OSU, a 11-0 OU and a 12-0 clemson. And what if those wins by OSU happen against a COVID19 depleted teams or what if OSU is 7-0 or clemson has a depleted starter roster in the ACC championship and loses by 3 to ND. I say- forget the big10 this time around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The CFB playoff committee is in no win situation

Sep 17, 2020, 8:41 PM

:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

I'm afraid this season has already lost any sensible justification, but if teams decide to play, why, "the more the merrier!" It's just a crap shoot coming and going, but if a number of participating teams in the participating conferences end up only playing 4,5-6 games this year, the CFP won't happen. I'd hate that, but only time and protocol will tell. In the mean time...

Go Tigers!!!

Sep 18, 2020, 8:46 AM

Look, football is football. In any year variables can play a huge role in outcomes of games. Injuries, multiple injuries, refs, weather, coaching suspension, flu, other illnesses, there are endless variables that can impact a game. Covid is just another.

SPOT THE #### BALL!!!!

All this hand wringing is no different than when there are six undefeated

Sep 18, 2020, 8:53 AM

teams early in the season and everyone starts worrying about what the committee will do. Let the season play out. We will figure it out. How does the committee weigh shorter seasons vs longer? Wins against depleted teams? The same way they have always weighed strength of schedule and wins over teams missing key players. That’s why they get in a room and discuss.

It would not shock me, if the PAC doesn’t start playing, to simply have the four conference champs play for it. I would be totally fine with that and in many ways it is more legitimization than having the committee tell us who the best four teams are.

null

This***

Sep 18, 2020, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Wrong Board

Sep 18, 2020, 9:13 AM

Just kidding...
I really feel every game we get to see is just a bonus for the players and fans. I'm not counting the 2020 season as real.
Bring on 2021!!!!!!!!!
2020 BLOWS

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic