Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it.

Aug 14, 2019, 10:43 PM

I appreciate all your posts keeping us Clemson fans updated on Clemson alumni in pro sports, but I really think you should stop posting the Braves baseball scores.

This is a Clemson forum and while many may be Braves fans, many are not. It somewhat hits a nerve when you say “Good Guys” in those Braves posts as I believe the only athletes you should be calling good guys are of the Clemson variety.

Anyway, not trying to offend; just my two cents.

Signed,
Clemson Fan/Not a Braves Fan

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it.

Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 PM

Sorry, I'm with Skeeta. Clemson does not have anything going right now so speaking of the good guys has nothing to do with the Tigers until the end of August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! Fishin' pics are good for about 10 more days.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:09 PM

Unless I get a really good one,but then I will only post late at night...Now, when someone starts referring to the Panthers as The Good Guys...then I will join the ban....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly! Fishin' pics are good for about 10 more days.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:38 PM

Post them when ever you feel like it Spud, I really enjoy seeing how your catch went for that day!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with allorange - Spud ... Post on .. you are our ....

Aug 15, 2019, 12:35 AM

.... fisherman extraordinaire!! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

..If only you could learn to stand up instead of laying

Aug 15, 2019, 8:06 AM

sideways!

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies

Aug 14, 2019, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it. ]

and calling them the “good guys”?

Re: So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies

Aug 14, 2019, 11:40 PM

No Yankee teams on a deep South Tiger board!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I graduated from Clemson. I’ve read enough TigerNet posts to know

Aug 15, 2019, 12:23 AM

that makes me a real Clemson fan.

I say my opinion matters.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:45 PM [ in reply to So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies ]

So basically this is all about you being hurt that your team gave a record deal to the most overrated player in the game and all it’s gotten you is 4th place?

No. Correction:

Aug 15, 2019, 12:21 AM

This is basically all about me being hurt that my team gave a record deal to the most overrated player in the game and all it’s gotten me is 3RD place.

Re: No. Correction:

Aug 15, 2019, 12:38 AM

Well - then - clemsonstud .... I would think third would take away all hurt !! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 15, 2019, 12:32 AM [ in reply to So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies ]

Sure - clemsonstud ... sure ... just remember to post in the Pros section ...-:)

That would be fine by me

Aug 15, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies ]

My father worked for the Phillies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well no because they suck right now..***

Aug 15, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to So you’d be fine with me posting about the Phillies ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Aug 14, 2019, 10:54 PM

As an experienced shite-poster I support Skeeta and his Bravos reports .

I have a post on here right now complaining about cable readiness . Besides , there are a ton of Atlanta Braves fans who visit this board .

Let the Skeeta-posts stand !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 12:03 AM

Chop on!!

I agree with Doug and enjoy the updates as well. However I

Aug 15, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it. ]

admit I'm biased as I've been a diehard Braves fan ever since about 1971 when I was one tiny fan..
Let the posts continue at least until college football season officially begins and by that I mean once the games officially start.

However back when I pulled the hardest for the Braves players seemed to stick with one team for a longer period of time as it was pre-free agency.

Therefore I admit I'm above the age of 50 and I'm less firm in my allegiance. Plus my mind sometimes tend to wander and wonder... what are we discussing again?

This may go down as one of the most asinine posts ever...

Aug 14, 2019, 11:02 PM

...in Tnet history. And that is saying something. What a ridiculous comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: This may go down as one of the most asinine posts ever...

Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 PM

Yours or his , Moab ?

I slept during 7th grade reading comprehension .

DB23

His...hope that helps***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:05 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

You must not read TigerNet much.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to This may go down as one of the most asinine posts ever... ]

Or you’re high.

Either way, I forgive you.

Certainly not high, and don't need your forgiveness...

Aug 14, 2019, 11:26 PM

...but you have no right to tell another tnet poster to stop posting about something as inert as a Braves game. Kinda silly to actually call the guy out like that imho.

Haha, I love the use of the word “inert” there.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:31 PM

Braves games are definitely inert.

Note: You may be overreacting about this whole thing, dude.

Perhaps the overreaction was your OP...

Aug 15, 2019, 12:26 AM

...totally unnecessary. Dude.

How was it an overreaction?

Aug 15, 2019, 12:48 AM

I even prefaced it by saying it may not go over well (knowing that a lot of you Braves fans were lurking). That shows thought.

My only mistake was posting it during a time when the Braves were trying not to blow a big lead late in the game. I’ll do better next time...this I promise you.

Braves posts > Finebaum drivel***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Braves posts > Finebaum drivel***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:44 PM

Braves Post/thread!!!

Lighten-up Francis !!!!

Aug 14, 2019, 11:07 PM

It's DT, so the board routinely becomes a variety show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:17 PM

If you don't want to read a Braves post, don't click on it. I'm with Skeeta.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 14, 2019, 11:21 PM

Where are y'all at ?

DB23

Aug 14, 2019, 11:33 PM

I sure enjoy the Braves posts. I have not followed the good guys for years, but they have reawakened my interest.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:46 PM

And I bet it is bc of Skeeta's Braves post, good job Skeeta!!! ;)

I feel this turning into a “bandwagon fan” conversation...

Aug 15, 2019, 12:19 AM

If Skeeta is unintentionally causing the creation of more Braves fans, he must immediately be stopped!

Isn’t there a bylaw about that somewhere on TigerNet? Us in the minority can only hope.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:41 PM

Sorry I’m with Skeeta on this. Like other post if you don’t agree or like it don’t read it.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Skeeta, this post may not go over well, but I feel inclined to say it.***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:48 PM

Aug 14, 2019, 11:48 PM

Braves win !!!!!!!!!!

I can sorta see your point - clemsonstud... But - I’m gonna.

Aug 15, 2019, 12:30 AM

.... hafta go with Skeeta on this one... He has tons of great posts on TNet - and imho the Atlanta Braves posts in the Pros section are perfect- and welcomed by many of us Braves fans.... Sooooo - post on - Skeeta ... post on my friend !! -:)

No offense was intended on my part . . .

Aug 15, 2019, 2:35 AM

and I took none from you. I totally understand your vantage point.

We're just a group of Tigers who have found common ground in a sport we all hold dear. There is even a Tiger Nationals Fan who joins in when we have a series together . . . It's all good.

Just for you, I'll try to change my verbiage . . . a little anyway.

Join in anytime . . .

Go Tigers

Classy post, Skeeta.

Aug 15, 2019, 7:25 AM

After reading all of the other comments, I think I underestimated how many Braves fans there are around these here parts!

It was definitely the “good guys” bit that threw me for a little ride; I obviously have some interest in looking at the Braves scores or I wouldn’t have been clicking on your posts in the first place.

You’re definitely one of the good guys and I appreciate having people like you around to cheer on my beloved Tigers.

I think the "Good Guys" reference comes from

Aug 15, 2019, 8:31 AM

the Braves announcers tendency to use the term. Sort of rubs off on Braves fans just like the term"Champions" rubs off on Clemson football fans.

Well put Skeeta. NM

Aug 15, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to No offense was intended on my part . . . ]

NM

I hope the Braves lose every game. I am not a Braves fan

Aug 15, 2019, 3:46 AM

but have no problem with it as long as it is posted in the correct spot. Braves posts in the pros and other forum is >> personal fishing posts on the football board.

Instead of calling out Skeeta, feel free to post about your

Aug 15, 2019, 6:08 AM

team during DT.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Really?

Aug 15, 2019, 6:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Aug 15, 2019, 7:24 AM

Lame. Just dont click the link.....

Aug 15, 2019, 7:27 AM

I have never read or clicked on a Braves post. I just ignore it even though I am a Braves fan. I just come here for CLEMSON info.

I just click on Spud's posts about fishing because I need the exercise twisting my head around to view the pictures. JK. :)

Personally I despise the Braves, but I despise your post

Aug 15, 2019, 8:45 AM

even more. If his Braves posts hurt your feelings like this, you don't have to click on them. It really is that simple.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You seem to be full of

Aug 15, 2019, 8:47 AM

despite

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Remove the D, both E’s, and the P.

Aug 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

Add an H.

OR remove the

Aug 15, 2019, 8:56 AM

e,s,p,i,t, & e

I could go either way

Aug 15, 2019, 9:00 AM

(That’s what GWP said)

Says the guy getting his feelings hurt by someone

Aug 15, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Remove the D, both E’s, and the P. ]

posting about the Braves on an internet sports message board

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Says the guy getting his panties in a wad about a guy

Aug 15, 2019, 9:02 AM

getting his feelings hurt by someone posting about the Braves on an internet sports message board

No, I was just trying to help by offering a suggestion

Aug 15, 2019, 9:05 AM

#PeopleHelpingPeople

Pretty sure my original post was a suggestion.

Aug 15, 2019, 9:11 AM

#PeopleActuallyHelpingPeople

This is good stuff

Aug 15, 2019, 9:13 AM

Re: This is good stuff

Aug 15, 2019, 9:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You’re sure painting with a broad brush, sir.

Aug 15, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Says the guy getting his feelings hurt by someone ]

This isn’t just an internet sports message board. It’s a Clemson internet sports message board. Yes, there’s a difference.

Re: You seem to be full of

Aug 15, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to You seem to be full of ]

And that’s not a good thing - is it bob?? Not a good thing atall!! Bad for the soul ... -:D

The Braves were in Milwaukee when I was a kid

Aug 15, 2019, 9:14 AM

We got the Yanks just about every Saturday on the Game of the Week. Therefore, I was and still am a Yankee fan. The only good thing about the Braves was, IF they made it to the World Series, there was a great chance I'd get to see my Yanks against them, which I did in 1996. And YES, my ancestors fought for the South in the War of Northern Aggression.

Poasts like this is exactly why I rarely log on anymore.

Aug 15, 2019, 9:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic