Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Big 12 Conference - p.u.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The Big 12 Conference - p.u.

Sep 13, 2020, 8:58 PM

This conference took 2 losses from Sun Belt teams! 1 loss from Conference USA team Coastal Carolina! With that said, "do they keep the reputation of being a strong football conference"?
I say that in respect to some high profile ACC losses being blown way out of proportion! These schools didn't play on neutral fields or at their home. They went to Big 12 country and won.
I feel like if the ACC had a weekend like that the CFB analyst would be ripping the conference an new excrement avenue.

All in the hopes to build a case "that the teams at the top of the conference are just the best of some bad teams and not really good themselves"!

Every conference has embarrassing losses almost every year! Maybe some "paranoid Clemson fan theory" but they give these other conferences passes it seems!
They won't chop it up and over analyze it - because they would then have to criticize their media darlings at the top of those conferences.

Remember Georgia Southern Going to the Swamp! Jacksonville winning! Who did Arkansas lose to last year? Or the gawd awful performances some of the Pac 12 teams put on OOC. It's not just the ACC ladies/gents!
Like Bart Scott said, "anybody can get beat, anybody"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was even worse than that.

Sep 13, 2020, 9:26 PM

Houston Baptist (1AA school, Southland Conference) is only schedu7led to play 3 games this year. (Southland Conference isn't playing.) They lost to N Texas State last week 51-37.

They missed a two point conversion late in the 4th quarter against Texas Tech which would have sent the game into OT.

Final Score 35-33.

Even though it was a win, that might be even more embarrassing than the three losses.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re all right Bret

Sep 14, 2020, 1:24 PM

Thanks for the consistently informative football posts. So I’ve somehow missed the story - are you an FSU grad with a Tiger wife? I have one of those couplings across the street. Tiger post-grad? Tiger dad? Anyway, good stuff ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re all right Bret

Sep 14, 2020, 6:24 PM

Neither. My only direct tie to Clemson is I spent 6 weeks in classes up there one summer (1992) learning how to incorporate graphing calculators into my math curriculum where I taught (Community College in Florida). Clemson was the leader in using HP graphing calculators at the time.

I first visited this board way back when the Tigers were hiring a new coach (who turned out to be Tommy Bowden). As a hobby I follow the coaching carousel.

Y'all made me feel welcome then. I dropped in and read a few posts for several years. Then it had been years since I came back a few months ago.

Clemson has been my second favorite college team for years. And, I admire Dabo Swinney and the program he has built there. Winning with character, integrity and Christian values.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re all right Bret

Sep 14, 2020, 6:33 PM

Righteous Bret!

Awesome!

Coastal Carolina is in the Sun Belt — not Conference USA

Sep 13, 2020, 9:47 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Les Miles has coached 13 games at Kansas and lost to

Sep 13, 2020, 10:30 PM

CCU twice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should have kept Mark Mangino as their coach.

Sep 14, 2020, 7:23 AM

I would have liked to have seen him ride onto the field on a motorcycle with his brother. Kind of like how the Demon Deacon does at Wake Forest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dudes look like Walter Becker of Steely Dan

Sep 14, 2020, 1:26 PM

Though 250 lbs heavier ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's face facts. NO conference, even the mighty SECheat,

Sep 14, 2020, 7:54 AM

is universally strong, top to bottom. We in the ACC would more than likely have had some bad OOC losses this year, had a normal schedule been played. For several years there, the ACC was just FSU and also rans. Then, it was them and us. Now, it's really just us. So, don't bash on the Big 12 too bad for being just the Awkward Wagon Drivers and everybody else.

https://youtu.be/j-pKxp-_7Zg

Re: Let's face facts. NO conference, even the mighty SECheat,

Sep 14, 2020, 6:09 PM

76 - I don't think I am bashing the Big 12 so much as I am saying: "why do they get a pass"?

Sure, the ACC would likely have had some embarrassing OOC losses! But, we(ACC & Clemson indirectly) get dinged for them!

Just saying, "it should be the same for other conferences as well"!

Re: The Big 12 Conference - p.u.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

Yeah, but in defense of the BXII, often their bad loss teams to a group of 5 or FCS team does not turn around and win the division or conference....

GD it VaTech, how do you constantly lose one to ECU, JMU and ODU and then 8-0 or 7-1 and collect the title?

That is what makes the ACC appear weak. Thank goodness VaTech is struggling to 6 wins nowadays

Sep 14, 2020, 6:03 PM

Slight correction; coastal is in the Sun Belt “fun belt” too.

Sep 14, 2020, 6:18 PM

Oh wow! I thought they were - ESPN had a graph up that showed the Big 12 losing to 2 Sun Belt and Coastal early Sunday morning!

Thanks for the correction ya'll!

Still Coastal beating Kansas bad! Like CCU had their back ups in late in the game! Unreal!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic