Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 60+ yard field goal was the worst coaching decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,098

The 60+ yard field goal was the worst coaching decision

Oct 10, 2020, 11:56 PM

I’ve ever seen a Div 1 coach make and I truly hope he never does kick another one in his life. And in spite of what he says if it goes in he’s considered a genius is just plain wrong. He’s considered lucky as all get out and I’d advise him never try it again.
Yes I love Dabo and everyone makes mistakes but wow.... c’mon man!!
This is your mulligan.
Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 60+ yard field goal was the worst coaching decision

Oct 10, 2020, 11:57 PM

Saban’s fake FG in 44-16 was worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Lol...it was bad but worst ever? You must not

have watched Kirby or Muschamp!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Write him a letter, maybe we’ll get us a championship***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

If he makes it, it's a great decision.***

Oct 10, 2020, 11:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Y the way if you do lose it and try it again put you a

Oct 11, 2020, 12:00 AM

Safety or two back there fat enough to run down the inevitable chance it gets blocked or run in for a TD.

GEEZ man that’s high school stuff.

Go Tigers and G Dabo!! We still love ya 100%

They got an unbelievably lucky bounce.***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Give it a rest. Dabo knows he made a bad decision. He owned it. You could tell he was so pissed at himself, during the halftime break interview.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know one that was worse.

Pretty sure it was Furman against Georgia Southern way back in the day... Furman scored a TD with 1 second left to go up by 1. Coach decided to go for 2 to make it a 3 point game. GS intercepted and returned it for a TD and the win. What made it so bad is that if the coach would've thought for one second he'd could've figured out that the kickoff return team could not return the kick to field goal range in less than 1 second. Best case scenario would be to just take a knee of the XP. Only way to lose was a return on the XP or a return on the kickoff. Taking a knee on the XP eliminates half of the ways to lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know one that was worse.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:20 AM

I feel like that was against App. State, wasn't it? If it wasn't, they had a very similar play against App, as well.

Could have been. I knew it was one of those SoCon powers***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:26 AM

Billy Napier was the Furman QB in that game***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:37 AM

Oct 11, 2020, 12:03 AM

Eh yes and no...if the the guy can kick it need better protection

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:03 AM

Eh yes and no...if the the guy can kick it need better protection

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:04 AM

There are worse calls than that every weekend. It wasn’t actually a bad call. He can actually kick it that far and Dabo wanted to give him a chance. Why not? We were in absolute and total control of the game which wasn’t anywhere near as close as the score would indicate despite the fact that the score showed it was a blowout.

Bad? Yes. Worst? Not even close. Not even this year's.***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:28 AM

It wasn't the right call, but nobody would really

Oct 11, 2020, 12:29 AM

be making a big deal about this if Potter had just missed the kick. The odds of a FG there being blocked and returned for a TD, or coming up short and being returned for a TD (ala kick 6) are probably something stupid like 1%.

I'm more concerned about the protection issues than Dabo's decision making.

Oct 11, 2020, 1:05 AM

I’m going to go with Kirby’s fake punt thinking a Saban coached team wouldn’t notice Justin Fields in the formation.

That is the dumbest coaching decision in my recent memory.

Bad call. But there are way worse...

Oct 11, 2020, 1:35 AM

The first that comes to mind is Kevin Steele’s decision while coaching Baylor to run the ball instead of kneel it as time was expiring against Unlv. They fumbled and UNLV returned it for a TD. The worst call in football HAS to be a game losing decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic