Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC 0-6 in bowl games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

ACC 0-6 in bowl games

Jan 3, 2021, 7:51 AM

What’s up?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s part of the problem, ACC is terrible and we never get tested***

Jan 3, 2021, 8:05 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC 0-6 in bowl games

Jan 3, 2021, 8:06 AM

What’s up with what? Are you one of those conference cheerleader guys who identity and self worth depends on success of other conference teams? Personally I pull for Clemson and whoever is playing the coots

Jan 3, 2021, 8:18 AM

What's up is the ACC is down, way down.

Meh... not really a year to make judgements about

Jan 3, 2021, 8:24 AM

Conferences or teams in bowl games. With the COVID-19 quarantines/contact tracing, player opt-outs, bowl cancellations, whole teams declining bowl invites, teams with losing records in bowls, some teams only having played a 5 game or less season appearing in a bowl etc... the whole bowl season was pieced together with bailing wire and duct tape.

2020 was a crap year for bowls and the matchups were, by and large, horrible for the aforementioned reasons. Just enjoy the fact that there was some football played during the Holidays and forget trying to make sense of the conferences in this screwed up 2020 COVID-19 football season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meh... not really a year to make judgements about

Jan 3, 2021, 11:48 AM

Nailed it. I'm afraid it'll get worse too. The quitters are becoming accepted as the norm. That said, your assessment will go down as an * year. But the pundits will latch onto nonetheless.

That being said, I take exception to the Clemson fans that make fun of conference affiliation and rooting against or not caring what our other conference teams are doing. They are being very short sited. Cincy says hello. AtM almost got in over ND. ND would beat atm but atm gets respect, why, because of conference affiliated teams.

We need the ACC to have ranked teams because there will come a day where we'll be dissapointed that Clemson was passed over because of a perceived weak schedule. Iron sharpens iron... So yea, I have no problem with rooting for other teams from our conference. UNC is on the uptick as is Miami. Pitt is going to be a force next year. They've picked up 3 or 4 portal transfers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 8:27 AM

Putting 2 in the playoffs (considering ND was part of the ACC this year) unfortunately moved every team underneath these 2 up to a bowl game with a tougher opponent. Also a few good ACC teams opted out that would likely have created favorable matchups for ACC teams in lower bowls. Finally, when a few of the teams simply didn’t have their best days against solid competition, the results were pretty predictable. I suspect better postseasons await starting next year. Go tigers!

Jan 3, 2021, 10:02 AM

ND & Wake were overmatched, NCSU had no excuse, UNC probably would have won if their players had played and Miami probably would have won if King didn't get hurt. All that being said, 0-6 is embarrassing, and two 3+ td beatdowns in prime-time makes it worse

Jan 3, 2021, 3:25 PM

Thought at least this year our conference would outperform the rest. Sadly mistaken and looks like its back to getting sand kicked in our face, except for the tigers of course, and maybe N.C.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic