Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memorial Stadium expansion...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 13,550

Memorial Stadium expansion...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:10 PM
IMG_2885.PNG(167.7 K)

Would you be opposed to an additional 3,000 seats being added to the EEZ around and above the hill? I expect to see something like Rutgers has with a small strip of turf for the players to run down. I also think they will ad chairbacks to the UL of the lower deck. We definitely need a new updated video board in the EEZ.
In regard to student tix I talked to a VT student last night and they offer season ticket and lottery options. Season tickets are like $150 and are in top level, lottery are free and in lower level. Fresh and Sophs get season tix and Jr and Sr mainly use lottery. This ensures that most if not all get to go. Go Tigers, beat Bama!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hell to the no...opposed!****

Dec 24, 2017, 12:17 PM

Re: Memorial Stadium expansion...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:17 PM

Our students get some of the worst tickets. We used to get tickets as far over as the 40 yard line in 80's

Dec 24, 2017, 1:21 PM

One thing about students getting worse tickets, since the eighties they are how many more thousands of alumni who want to buy season tickets? Now I did not go to Clemson but had many friends went to Clemson in the eighties and back then all students were guaranteed a ticket. The student population was smaller I believe and again much less alumni due to the lower graduation numbers at that time. (Again due to a smaller student body)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

One thing about students getting worse tickets, since the eighties they are how many more thousands of alumni who want to buy season tickets? Now I did not go to Clemson but had many friends went to Clemson in the eighties and back then all students were guaranteed a ticket. The student population was smaller I believe and again much less alumni due to the lower graduation numbers at that time. (Again due to a smaller student body)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 5:53 PM

North upper deck not built until 83 or 84. So big demand for tickets. Also we had crowds as upper 80000's as every student was guaranteed a ticket.

IMO, tickets were harder to outside the stadium in 80's than they are now . Every game on tv and late game times has something to do with that.

Student Seating...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

Yeah, my tickets were in Section E when I was a Senior... 45 yard-line. Of course, that was in 1971 when the most popular sign hanging out of a dorm window on a football weekend said, "BEAT ANYBODY."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called supply and demand.***

Dec 24, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

Dec 24, 2017, 12:18 PM

I would hope they leave the hill (all of it not just the strip the players run down) alone. Above the hill, maybe...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:21 PM

After the hill issues this past season unfortunately I think change is coming. The hill is no longer packed since the ND game injuries. Based on CDS comments, I think seats above the hill are in the works also. The road would go under the deck just like TDN. jmho

It’s sad but I think you are right

Dec 24, 2017, 12:26 PM

Iptay is showing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is out to raise more money, RV spots shrinking, Parking going up, seat equity etc. they saw that empty hill last season as a tiger sees a dying gazelle, it’s about to be seats and not cheap ones.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't see adding seats ...for Mony?

Dec 24, 2017, 1:19 PM

The stadium has plenty of seats for most every game.

The ND

Dec 24, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

game has nothing to do with that.

With our corners still sometimes bare and without doing...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:43 PM

the economics model I'd say we have a good balance of empty seats to maximum seating prices. As long as our seating remains unfilled we should not consider expansion. It's also likely that the only accurate way to evaluate this is to raise prices on seats until a significant number aren't sold. For now we should hold where we are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With our corners still sometimes bare and without doing...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:52 PM

Posted same time. See below. But 88 said it better ! And more professional. Then again I just come from an old farmer fam.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My daddy was a truck driver.

Dec 24, 2017, 12:59 PM

It doesn't take a college education to understand economics. The smartest guy I ever worked for had a HS education and knew more about labor economics that my economics professors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 12:46 PM

H3LL no. Totally opposed to doing anything to the hill. Change it and you forever change clemson FB. There’s other things you can do.

Those bs injured at nd game. U know how many times I was injured at games sitting on Hill or running onto the field afterwards... too many. Will never whine even though butt is still damaged from it.

Don’t cop out!!!! Really, 95% of games you get tickets. Hill should always be gen pop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 12:52 PM

I agree however I don't think the hill is the same at 50% capacity. I think they use the complaints and put seats there and leave a 10' strip down the middle. We shall see...

Dec 24, 2017, 12:57 PM

Guess I know in my heart u r right.

Put a stop to Scalping tickets...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

and there will be plenty of tickets. Instead, everyone from the guy sitting on the side of the road to StubHub just buys up tickets and sells them for inflated prices. I'm all for "cottage industries" but not this one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we aren't selling out every game during our best run

Dec 24, 2017, 1:00 PM

in history, then no need to expand. Selling seats for a couple games a year will not pay for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They put concrete seats on "The Hill" after 1981 season

Dec 24, 2017, 1:07 PM

The concrete seats in the curves of the corners of "The Hill" used to be grass, so there is certainly already a precendent for building permanent seats on "The Hill".

After the 1981 championship, the seats just appeared ... there was no debate ... no vote as taken ... they just did it. And if anyone complained, it was a precious few.

I suspect that filling the rest of "The Hill" with concrete permanent seats is just a matter of time.

Just leave the center strip open wide enough for the team to run down and all will be fine.

After all, they don't let thousands of people crowd onto the grass anymore anyway. Why preserve it if you won't let people sit there in large mumbers??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They put concrete seats on "The Hill" after 1981 season

Dec 24, 2017, 1:25 PM

The hill situation was pathetic this past season, construction is coming. I think the addition of chairbacks at the top of the lower level with a $ increase is coming too. The chairback addition and hill construction would not change capacity a whole lot. I think 85,000 is maximum. We won't see 90,000.

Dec 24, 2017, 1:07 PM

Expansion is coming like it or not in one form or another. Dabo has stated he would like an end zone expansion in the past along with several other things. Sound system, Scoreboard, specifically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 1:09 PM

The only reasonable expansion I could see would be an additional deck over the west endzone.

You're asking for a civil war if they pave over the hill.

Dec 24, 2017, 1:14 PM

Something like this is what I would expect.

And it was designed for an additional deck from the beginning.***

Dec 24, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium expansion... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 24, 2017, 1:11 PM

I'm very against them doing anything to the hill. It's literally the main focus during the most exciting 25 seconds in football. To put seats on it would be outrageous. To put seats above it would completely change the dynamics of a stadium that peers onto our beautiful campus. Sorry, all about getting with the times but not at the expense of ruining the feel. Once they sell every seat with a season ticket go ahead and discuss expansion. I'd rather them add another level to wez before touching east end zone. I had heard it was built structurally to expand a second level when being built.

I remember we packed the hill willingly when I was there...people literally stood outside the gates to get first in line. It wasn't until I graduated and gave as much as I could did I hope to get decent seats.

All that said....my opinion means zero! Go tigers... beat bama and whoever comes after..be thankful for our tiger family..and that the program has improved 10 fold the last ten years so we have stuff like this to debate.

Dec 24, 2017, 2:50 PM

Leave the hill alone! Back in the sixties student section was A,B,C and D. Show your I D and you got in. That is all.

Dec 24, 2017, 1:24 PM

They need to address the traffic first.

Amen to that!

Dec 24, 2017, 2:20 PM

If the SCHP would direct traffic instead of talking on their cellphones, getting in and out of parking would be greatly improved. Another suggestion is to put hanging signs over the lanes on SC93 after passing through downtown directing people to the proper lane for their parking lots. That ain't Rocket Science!

Seatbacks?

Dec 24, 2017, 1:32 PM

Please go to Chapel Hill nd get back to us.

Seatbacks are fine in new construction, but the devil when reworked into tradition seat/leg spacing.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Seatbacks?

Dec 24, 2017, 2:05 PM

They should knock 5 rows off each upper deck and add seats in the EEZ to the sides of the Hill. Amount of seats would net about equal, get rid of the seats where the game experience stinks, and give the lower deck a more bowled in feel.

Totally opposed...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:08 PM

I am totally opposed to closing in the East end. Anything they did would result in the appearance of running out of a tunnel. I've been going to football games at Clemson since 1954, and the Hill has ALWAYS been a big part of Clemson football. If the students don't want to sit on the Hill, then open it up to highschool students and sell tickets for $5. I'm sick and tired of seeing it empty.

Re: Totally opposed...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:20 PM

Great idea! I guarantee they'd fill it with people that want to be there.

Re: Totally opposed...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Totally opposed... ]

I think the students do want to be on the hill however the fire marshal has limited the amount of wrist bands. I've heard from 5,000 - 3,000 -1,500 due to injuries from rushing the field. The demand is there the issue is student ticketing procedures and the fire marshal. Unfortunately this year the hill was pathetic looking and it wasn't the students fault. Free the hill!!!

Negative, Space Ghost***

Dec 24, 2017, 2:09 PM

Frankly...were it up to me...

Dec 24, 2017, 2:24 PM

the next project would involve removing all of the aluminum bleachers and replacing them with individual chair back seats.

I realize such a move would decrease seating capacity somewhat, but it would certainly be a significant upgrade to what we currently have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'd rather see a much bigger jumbotron

Dec 24, 2017, 2:39 PM

before we put more seating in above/around the hill.

until the stadium is sold out for every game two years in a

Dec 24, 2017, 2:46 PM

Row, why add anything?

Too many empty seats already.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rutgers is a cess pool. We should do nothing that emulates

Dec 24, 2017, 2:59 PM

them in any way. BTW, that end zone area looks like shat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will be like taking Santa away from the children. Have

Dec 24, 2017, 4:32 PM

you ever watched what goes on on the hill after games? It is bedlam, but pure joy is evident among the kids that are sliding down the hill on their cardboard boxes. It is pure joy watching them. Memories of that will stay with those kids forever.

That is just one more thing that endears Clemson to the young and old. Something simple but special would be taken from Clemson football if the hill is turned into concrete.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's assuming they'll even let kids on the hill anymore

Dec 26, 2017, 7:28 AM

As of this year it is exceedingly difficult to get onto the Hill before the clock shows zero, even in throwaway games. It's killing the Hill as we know it.

Re: That's assuming they'll even let kids on the hill anymore

Dec 26, 2017, 8:03 AM

Agree give the hill back to the general public if we build more lower level seats then there will be more empty seats up top. The one problem I see with empty seats is the fact tv controls the game. We do not find out to sometimes less than a week to what the starting time would be for each game. It gets hard sometimes for people to make plans. In the 80's all the games started at 1 so you knew before the season started what your plans were for home games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see an upgraded scoreboard as our next upgrade.***

Dec 26, 2017, 8:39 AM

Donations are driven by parking, and IPTAY knows it.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:02 AM

If not, seat equity donations would be higher than the amount necessary to keep our tailgate spots. Think about how much more your donor level has increased over the past 10 years to keep your spot. Mine has more than quadrupled while seat equity has basically doubled.

Replies: 45
| visibility 13,550
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic