Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU coaching search...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FSU coaching search...

Nov 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

Since the Deion Sanders and Bob Stoops rumors pretty much died on the vine, more rumors are now surfacing that FSU may be talking to James Franklin and Brian Kelly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: FSU coaching search...

Nov 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

I think both are ok but neither are the mega coaches ESPN pumps them up to be each preseason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 12:41 PM

I hope not Brian Kelly. Franklin could probably gobble up a lot of that Florida talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

FSU would be the perfect place for a snake oil salesmen like Franklin

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franklin would be an idiot to leave Penn St. His

Nov 22, 2019, 12:44 PM

obnoxious personality fits right in up there and he's a recruit or 3 away from having an even better program. Brian Kelly wants nothing to do with competing with Clemson on a constant basis.

You got that right!

Nov 22, 2019, 12:48 PM

That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen

Nov 22, 2019, 12:54 PM

As soon as Kelly walked out of the tunnel with that look in his eyes there was no doubt we would win. Yes, it ended up coming down to the final play, but there was no way ND was about to get off to a good start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's perzactly what I had in mind when I posted that.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to You got that right! ]

Kelly needed 3 bottles of Pepto Bismol on the sideline.

More obnoxious and a bigger d0uche than Kelly !?!?!***

Nov 22, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Franklin would be an idiot to leave Penn St. His ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Definitely more obnoxious. I'm not up to speed on their

Nov 22, 2019, 1:14 PM

relative douche'ness.

I mean, pick your poison, one allowed players to

Nov 22, 2019, 7:27 AM [ in reply to More obnoxious and a bigger d0uche than Kelly !?!?!*** ]

assault women, the other committed manslaughter. Both a perfect fit in Tally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Honestly, why would James Franklin leave Penn State

Nov 22, 2019, 1:18 PM

for FSU? I could see him taking the USC job, if offered, but FSU is a mess right now on numerous levels.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:19 PM

Why not Skip Holtz? Wasn't he the best up and coming coach at one time?

LOL

Bye week - we need rumors.....lots of rumors!

At the rate this FSU admin is going they may just do

Nov 22, 2019, 1:28 PM

something silly like keep Odell Haggins. This is his second stint as interim HC and they are playing better, but they had nowhere to go but up.

Nobody is happier about the coots' circus than FSU. FSU is a bungled crapshow, too, but the difference is, FSU's admin is staying quiet.

Here is what I can find out.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:30 PM

In short, not much.

Looks like the prez and AD finally figured out - after the statements about Bob Stoops being made by both of them - SHUT UP! SAY NOTHING!

They have hired a head hunter. Interviews are being held. The only two names that have been made public are Bob Stoops and Odell Haggins. Lots of other names being floated out there. Some seem logical, some seem far less logical.

Names I've seen on several different locations are: Kelly, Franklin, Mark Stoops, P J Fleck, Matt Rhule, Mike Norvell, Dave Clawson.

But, nobody knows. Heck, I even got a note from a guy who tells me that Bob Stoops is a done deal and will be announced after our game with Florida. All this talk about him no longer beign a candidate is just smoke and disinformation.

I will close with three comments:

1. If you forced me to guess I would pick Mike Norvell as the guy who I think will be the next HC. But, it's just a guess.

2. When you hire a head hunter, sometimes you end up with a name no one was talking about. (i.e. Bronco Mendenhall to UVA.)

3. Those who know ain't talking. And those who are talking don't know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is what I can find out.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:35 PM

Lane Kiffin please

Re: Here is what I can find out.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:38 PM

Yeah, Kiffin is another name that has been thrown out there.

I like all 3 of your final points. #2 and #3 are money.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Here is what I can find out. ]

#1 makes the most sense to me and if I'm a betting man, I'd say there's a lot of scrambling going on with a few schools to get Norvell. He makes the most sense, to me, with Clawson being 1B.

I can't see Rhule leaving Baylor but he might if the money was significantly more. He's making $4.25 now. Fleck doesn't seem to fit to me, but money does strange things to people. He's making $3.6.

My take on it all...

Nov 22, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Here is what I can find out. ]

is that its unlikely Fleck or Rhule leave their current situations. I'd be shocked.

Brian Kelly is a wierd choice and he has every opportunity to succeed where he is...could only see the move if he wants a change of venue-getting ahead of the chopping block or genuinely feels he cant win a title at ND.

James Franklin is at his dream job in his home state.

Mark Stoops would without question leave and is a solid, solid hire. He can recruit, develop players and runs a clean, disciplined program. What I'd worry about is the offense - he loves that defense and coaches games in a game manager fashion - seems reluctant to allow the offense to be the dominant unit. That may change at FSU - bit I'd have my reservation(s) - pun intended.

Norvell seems to be a hot commodity and will have his choice - I know Arkansas will be hot after him.

Clawson would be a good hire - but literally no one would be excited about this.

I think it'll be a surprise hire or you may end up with Odell and then let the BOT get rid of the President and/or AD and move on from there. Odell would tread water and get things afloat - similar to Matt Luke at Ole Miss......which leads me to...

Go hire Hugh Freeze and enjoy a 10 win season next year. Although his health may be in question..idk

5th choice like the coots***

Nov 22, 2019, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

As long as nobody mentions Mike Leach to be their new HC, then we're good. Oh wait...forget that.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:27 PM

Lou Holtz is available.

Nov 22, 2019, 5:18 PM

Supposedly Norvell told Arkansas to wait until Florida State makes a decision. Some Arkansas fans want him written off for that reason.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic