Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT prediction: Paul Johnson said awhile back how GT...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

GT prediction: Paul Johnson said awhile back how GT...

Aug 23, 2019, 12:16 AM

..couldn't compete with Clemson because of the latter's obvious advantage in facilities; I say if Clemson can put up 70 on the bees this might finally convince whoever runs GT to tear down that horrid Grant field and start over....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT prediction: Paul Johnson said awhile back how GT...

Aug 23, 2019, 5:46 AM

Will never happen. Way too much history. Would be like throwing the "Rock" back into the desert.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

That statement is a absurd! Grant Field is one of the oldest

Aug 23, 2019, 8:05 AM

college football stadiums in the country. That is like tearing down Fenway Park or Wrigley Field. GT just needs a major renovation of Bobby Dodd. GT athletic Dept. just need to get in a plan in place for major facilities improvement. Georgia Tech can once again be a Southern football power but they have fallen so behind in the last 20 years. I know they have the money. They just need to do the work.

Aug 23, 2019, 9:37 AM

I like grant field, been there for many Clemson games back in the day. They do not have training table or dedicated football ops. They are way behind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 9:53 AM

I would bet that very few college football coaches asking for upgraded facilities are talking about their stadium.

I'm guessing Paul was wanting improvements to the practice facility, training table, weight room, and other areas where the players spend the majority of their time.

Stadiums are for fan experience. Players spend most of their time in all of the other facilities.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:01 AM

Love the flats, once you're in you can go anywhere you want. Seats improve as the game goes on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 10:38 AM

Grantt Field is OK. It's Bobby Dodd stadium that needs to be replaced. Doubt they'll ever do anything though because of the long history and tradition there. You know the original stadium is underneath the current stadium.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic